Author Topic: The United States helped to create the current Iranian regime.  (Read 1075 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
The United States helped to create the current Iranian regime.
« on: February 12, 2007, 06:00:37 PM »
At the request of Bruce:
Hmm.  Start a new thread if you'd like me to look deeper at this, as it's quite interesting, and I'd like to test its truth.

This is about Mohammed Mossadegh, who was the former president of Iran. Mossadegh wanted to nationalize Iran's oil industry in the 60's when the industry was under British control. He was overthrown in an US/UK backed coup and the Shah was put in power. Eventually, the Shah was overthrown in the Islamic revolution.

Mossadeg was a democratically elected president of Iran that wanted to nationalize his nation's oil industry. Most of the Iranian oil then was controled by the British. What happened? The US and England saw a nation trying to nationalize its own oil as a problem, so they ended up bribing the Shah and helped to plan a coup. Mossadeg was overthrown and the murderous Shah was put in power. The Shah terrorized his own people with secret police and was eventually overthrown in the Islamic revolution.

My point is that Mossadeg, who was an nationalist, was democrtically elected. All he wanted to do was nationalize his own country's oil industry, but I guess this didn't fit well with the west.

Do you see now that WE helped to create the current Iran? What? Do you honestly think they hate us because of our civil liberties? If so, then you're delusional and need some help. We've been meddling in their affairs for so long, so how can you expect any sort of contempt from them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Mossadegh

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB126/index.htm

I'd like for everyone to very much look into this, as it's quite factual and it's even acknowledged by the CIA that they indeed did help to overthrow Mossadegh.

I wonder how you right wingers will run from this? Don't ignore it, as that only shoots up your credibility.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: The United States helped to create the current Iranian regime.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »
At the request of Bruce:
This is about Mohammed Mossadegh, who was the former president of Iran. Mossadegh wanted to nationalize Iran's oil industry in the 60's when the industry was under British control. He was overthrown in an US/UK backed coup and the Shah was put in power. Eventually, the Shah was overthrown in the Islamic revolution.

I'd like for everyone to very much look into this, as it's quite factual and it's even acknowledged by the CIA that they indeed did help to overthrow Mossadegh.

I wonder how you right wingers will run from this? Don't ignore it, as that only shoots up your credibility.

Thanks, CJ.  I'll look at your evidence and post in deeper detail when I get a chance.
Thread Killer

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:10:37 PM »
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB126/iran530810.pdf

A top secret CIA document. Not the NY times, but the CIA.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 09:29:57 PM »
Similar attempts were made with Ghaddafi who came to power as a teen in a bloodless coup declaring Libyan oil wealth will go to benefit the Libyan people. And it does. Free health care and education from kindergarten to university.

If a "shithole, 3rd world, bunch of camel jockeys" in the middle of the desert can provide that for it's citizens,
...what's the deal with the USA?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 12:23:02 AM »
Condi advises Bush on Middle Eastern Foreign Policy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RziA1XIrufM
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 04:12:24 AM »
I just don't understand why the foreign "experts" in Washington never learns...

Iran, Venezuela, Cuba...

Whenever USA tries to interact in foreign countries and their domestic politics, it gets fcuked up.

Look at Iraq.

Look at Venezuela. The Bush Administration supported the opposition, which has led that crazy dog Chavez to alienate himself from USA.

FFS, when will this madness stop?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 06:40:26 AM »
FFS, when will this madness stop?

Jan 2009.  If a dem wins the white house, and Bush *vacations* in S. America (he owns a 100,000 estate in Paraguay now!) to avoid those pesky legal proceedings.