Author Topic: My view on why ARNOLD was the GREATEST  (Read 1765 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
My view on why ARNOLD was the GREATEST
« on: February 12, 2007, 11:14:33 PM »
Here's my view on why Arnold's body is perceived to be the greatest of all time.

1. FACE. He had a very good looking, manly face. The hair was perfect for the era (1960's/70's) and structurally his face demanded attention. Great jawline and lips. Great eyebrows that give a very relaxed, yet sexy look.

2. CHEST. One of the best chests of all time, and the best chest of his era. It was huge, ripped and full in upper/mid/lower. He knew how to pose it and it stood out big time on stage.

3. SHOULDERS. Small enough not to overshadow his arms or chest, big enough to be seen.

4. ARMS. Some of the biggests arms in the game, especially at the time. His right arm had a fantastic peak, which he made sure that everyone knew was there. Triceps weren't too small and neither were forearms.

5. BACK. Ripped to shreds. Big enough to dominate anyone, small enough not to overshadow his front.

6. WAIST. Trimmed, tight and cut. Never bloated and always looking slim. He could hit a vacuum and the waist stayed small in every single pose he hit.

7. THIGHS. Not too small, not too big. Shredded and seperated. Accentuated his upperbody magnificently. Long muscles and great shape to them.

8. CALVES. Started off small, got them to be huge. A talking point to make sure people would talk about them for years to come. Still some of the best calves ever.

I know, gay as the day is long, but if you have any other reason why he was the greatest, let's hear them.  ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: My view on why ARNOLD was the GREATEST
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 11:46:18 PM »
Arnold was the best, no doubt.. no one else had the balance he did, Guiness gave him the award for best body in the world.

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 11:53:36 PM »
Arnold strongest bodypart was his brain that produced unprecedent willpower and survival instinct.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 12:12:17 AM »

I know, gay as the day is long, but if you have any other reason why he was the greatest, let's hear them.  ;D

Glad that you realised.

Arnold is the best!!
I am a mini beast

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 12:18:32 AM »
He sure is. The guy was huge, yet aesthetically pleasing. He had perfect proportions, symmetry and knew how to pose. He was truly one of a kind and the man himself depicted what was great about BBing.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 01:49:01 AM »
i like arnold cause he was not a loser, he wouldnt settle for less, that attitude is beautiful and contagious

AVBG

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 02:00:10 AM »
Arnold's physique is timeless. 8)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 05:12:26 AM »
LoveTheSport...

You touched base on a lot of good things, but your number 1 reason you posted pertaining Arnold's face... yeah, THAT sounds REALLY gay.  :-\

Other than that, Arnold was da shit.  8)

I have a lot of RARE Arnold bodybuilding magazines, ranging from Health & Strength to Muscle Builder/Power and it's interesting to read the articles in them that even at that time they foresaw Arnold's great future.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 05:32:33 AM »
LoveTheSport...

You touched base on a lot of good things, but your number 1 reason you posted pertaining Arnold's face... yeah, THAT sounds REALLY gay.  :-\

Other than that, Arnold was da shit.  8)

I have a lot of RARE Arnold bodybuilding magazines, ranging from Health & Strength to Muscle Builder/Power and it's interesting to read the articles in them that even at that time they foresaw Arnold's great future.

Don't worry, I'm straight, but I don't mind talking about attractive qualities (from my view) in guys. I believe his face played a huge role in his success.

It would be cool to see some of those articles from your mags. Do you know how to scan them?

finurface

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 05:43:41 AM »
Arnold strongest bodypart was his brain that produced unprecedent willpower and survival instinct.

so true !

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 10:58:43 AM »
Don't worry, I'm straight, but I don't mind talking about attractive qualities (from my view) in guys. I believe his face played a huge role in his success.

It would be cool to see some of those articles from your mags. Do you know how to scan them?

Believe it or not, I was thinking about doing that. Getbig member, SergioRules 77, does that with Sergio Oliva articles, so I was thinking of doing that with my RARE Arnold collection. The only magazine in my collection that does NOT have an Arnold article, but features him on the cover, is Tomorrow's Man January 1969 issue. So I won't be scanning anything from there.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 11:00:42 AM »
Don't worry, I'm straight

Oh, I'm not worried. If you're gay that's YOUR thing. Don't have to try and prove it to me otherwise.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 01:25:03 PM »
Now and than you have people like Arnold that seem to have found the "magic key" to success. Most of these men or woman rise fast and some of them fall deep, but history is littered with people like Arnold, and they all have one thing in common.... NOTHING absolute... NOTHING stops them trying, saying that nothing can stop them is wrong think if Weider would have not liked Arnold, do you think he would have made it that far in Bodybuilding?
I don't think so, you need a certain amount of luck that carries you above and beyond, and you need to be totally ruthless.
I'll give you an example:
I'm a person that hates to say no to people, I hate to say no I cannot be with you on that day because I have to go training, sorry I cannot go out eat I have to follow a diet.
People like Arnold have no problem with that, they are to a certain extend extremely egoistic (what is not necessarily a bad thing) and mainly look out for them self until they are in a position that leaves them comptably enough and with enough room to help others.
If you could ask around at all the people that have meet Arnold and the once that have done business with him you will notice that there must be a great deal of people that feel like he has cheated them, or mistreated them.

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 04:56:46 PM »
Now and than you have people like Arnold that seem to have found the "magic key" to success. Most of these men or woman rise fast and some of them fall deep, but history is littered with people like Arnold, and they all have one thing in common.... NOTHING absolute... NOTHING stops them trying, saying that nothing can stop them is wrong think if Weider would have not liked Arnold, do you think he would have made it that far in Bodybuilding?
I don't think so, you need a certain amount of luck that carries you above and beyond, and you need to be totally ruthless.
I'll give you an example:
I'm a person that hates to say no to people, I hate to say no I cannot be with you on that day because I have to go training, sorry I cannot go out eat I have to follow a diet.
People like Arnold have no problem with that, they are to a certain extend extremely egoistic (what is not necessarily a bad thing) and mainly look out for them self until they are in a position that leaves them comptably enough and with enough room to help others.
If you could ask around at all the people that have meet Arnold and the once that have done business with him you will notice that there must be a great deal of people that feel like he has cheated them, or mistreated them.

You are right, he was an asshole and stepped on many people to get to the top.  But, if being a ruthless prick can get you success like it did for Trump and Arnold, then being an asshole is really not a bad idea. 
The only time when being an asshole is a disadvantage is when you dont have the success to back it up. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 05:02:27 PM »

You are right, he was an asshole and stepped on many people to get to the top.  But, if being a ruthless prick can get you success like it did for Trump and Arnold, then being an asshole is really not a bad idea. 
The only time when being an asshole is a disadvantage is when you dont have the success to back it up. 

Indeed we humans were meant to be "weeded" out, the child that eats to many murmurs will not survive to have children of themself, natural selection.
He is merrily a wolf playing his role.