Author Topic: Not sure if this fits here but feel free to move if not  (Read 1458 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Not sure if this fits here but feel free to move if not
« on: February 13, 2007, 11:10:18 AM »
With the recent discussion about blackness and traits associate with urban blacks as opposed to "Oreos" (not my term), I'd like to shed some light on something.  Urban blacks have it all wrong for dismissing blacks who are not "black" enough.  Both urban blacks and elite blacks are a product of white culture.  Elite blacks/successful blacks are a product of a predominantly white business world and social interaction.  Urban blacks stole their toughness from White Italians and their tough mob attitude as portrayed in movies like the Godfather.  Hope the helps.   ;D
Squishy face retard

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Not sure if this fits here but feel free to move if not
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 11:12:52 AM »
With the recent discussion about blackness and traits associate with urban blacks as opposed to "Oreos" (not my term), I'd like to shed some light on something.  Urban blacks have it all wrong for dismissing blacks who are not "black" enough.  Both urban blacks and elite blacks are a product of white culture.  Elite blacks/successful blacks are a product of a predominantly white business world and social interaction.  Urban blacks stole their toughness from White Italians and their tough mob attitude as portrayed in movies like the Godfather.  Hope the helps.   ;D

interesting take.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 11:14:12 AM »

Could you show me where you got this information from?
Sandra

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 11:14:56 AM »
Could you show me where you got this information from?
Sandra
Jackson Katz, "Tough Guise".  Good movie.  Talks about the "guise" of masculinity men present. 

http://hope.journ.wwu.edu/tpilgrim/j190/toughguise.vidsum.html
Squishy face retard

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 11:17:16 AM »
Not to mention changing their names to reputed mobsters names and naming music albums around on mafia terms. Really is damaging to the Italian heritage.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 11:18:27 AM »
Not to mention changing their names to reputed mobsters names and naming music albums around on mafia terms. Really is damaging to the Italian heritage.
There was a clip of a rap video that tried to copy a Godfther clip, and bitchered the hell out of it.  Irv Gotti...lol.  John would murder that guy, literally.
Squishy face retard

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 11:21:10 AM »
Jackson Katz, "Tough Guise".  Good movie.  Talks about the "guise" of masculinity men present. 

http://hope.journ.wwu.edu/tpilgrim/j190/toughguise.vidsum.html

Im going to have to go indepth to see the bibliography of this before I make a comment.

Sandra

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 11:23:11 AM »
Im going to have to go indepth to see the bibliography of this before I make a comment.

Sandra

It's a movie Sandra.  He brings it up.  He talks about how middle class white men copy urban black men who copy Italians (mobsters).
Squishy face retard

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 01:01:01 PM »
bump  ;D
Squishy face retard

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 04:30:41 PM »

After researching this statement, I did some research on the sentence of black men emulating italian thugs of the 1930's. 

That seems to be the case according to some black men.

So, it seems it is the white man's fault for thuggish behavior.
Sandra