Author Topic: What's the strategy of the Republicans voting for the resolution against Bush?  (Read 1105 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20070213/D8N936R00.html

Clearly this resolution is grandstanding by the Democrats and Pelosi in particular. What's the motivation of the few dozen Republicans that are likely to vote for it? Are they just trying to separate themselves from the current administration? It's likely the whole process will be a waste of time so I'm missing their motivation.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Seperat themselves from Bush, hedge their bets.
Valhalla awaits.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
They want to get re-elected.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
They want to get re-elected.

-Hedge

They're Republicans? Don't Republicans support the War? Don't their Republican constituents support Bush and the war?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
They're Republicans? Don't Republicans support the War? Don't their Republican constituents support Bush and the war?

I think the final nail in the coffin for Bush, as far as support from the GOP, was when he went down to Florida, where his brother Jeb is a Governor, to help a Republican candidate rally for the mid-term election this fall.

The guy who was getting rally support, managed to be "elsewhere" when Bush arrived... ;D

Humiliated by one of his own - and I don't even think it was a senatorial candidate, but someone running for the congress.

IMO, it seems like the GOP has moved on. The Bush administration and the GOP is two different things.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V

I think the final nail in the coffin for Bush, as far as support from the GOP, was when he went down to Florida, where his brother Jeb is a Governor, to help a Republican candidate rally for the mid-term election this fall.

The guy who was getting rally support, managed to be "elsewhere" when Bush arrived... ;D

Humiliated by one of his own - and I don't even think it was a senatorial candidate, but someone running for the congress.

IMO, it seems like the GOP has moved on. The Bush administration and the GOP is two different things.

-Hedge

In 2000 the GOP wanted Bush instead of McCain, even though many believed McCain would have won the Presidency relatively easily. Bush is the GOP's creation. They wanted him, they got him.

I believe there are 252 Republicans in the House yet only a couple or a few dozen are voting with the Democrats. Either they're moderates that have a fundamental problem with Bush and the War or they're rats fleeing a sinking ship. After the voters are made public we'll know which one it is.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
-Hedge

LOL!

Charlie Crist.  Won his race in a tight one.  He's a homosexual, not a big secret. He's very repub in most issues.  And yes, rumors are he changed his schedule so as not to be photog'd on the same stage as the wartime president after originally setting it up.  Crist was jeb's successor.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
What's the strategy of a rat fleeing a sinking ship? Pure animal survival instinct - nothing more or less.

[The more I reflect on this rat analogy, the more I like it.  ;D ]

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
In 2000 the GOP wanted Bush instead of McCain, even though many believed McCain would have won the Presidency relatively easily. Bush is the GOP's creation. They wanted him, they got him.

Bush was stolen from the GOP on the morning of 911 the moment Andy card whispered "Plane two has hit.  You sit still til that clock says 9:10".

The neocons took him.