Author Topic: The Aussies are right  (Read 1079 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
The Aussies are right
« on: February 13, 2007, 04:02:15 PM »
If the Muslims or any other group don't like their laws or conform to them, then get out.  We should be saying the same thing to everyone else who comes here.

You don't wanna speak English?  Tough, no Spanish spoken here.

You don't like the Pledge of Allegiance with God in it?  Tough, Christians founded this country.  Not Muslims.  Not Atheists.

The list goes on.  Feel free to add.
Squishy face retard

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: The Aussies are right
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 04:04:53 PM »
I agree.

I wonder what policies the Aussies have on affirmative action? If they're anti, then we ought to adopt that as well.

I don't like the pledge with god in it, but I didn't have a porblem saying it 5 days a week for 12 years.  ;)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:06:47 PM »
I agree.

I wonder what policies the Aussies have on affirmative action? If they're anti, then we ought to adopt that as well.

I don't like the pledge with god in it, but I didn't have a porblem saying it 5 days a week for 12 years.  ;)
The Pledge should be optional to say or omit God when you say it.  Don't change it though.
Squishy face retard

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 04:16:02 PM »
You don't like the Pledge of Allegiance with God in it?  Tough, Christians founded this country.

The country was founded by men who, despite having every opportunity to do so, specifically omitted any reference whatsoever to a Christian god.

The pledge was written by a Baptist minister in 1892. It was originally accompanied by this salute...

[Just warms your heart, doesn't it?]

The words "under God" were not officially added by Congress until 1952.

And of course, a compulsory display of allegiance is most often demanded by a person or institution that rightly has no expectation of earning it on their own merits.

Hope this helps.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »

You don't like the Pledge of Allegiance with God in it?  Tough, Christians founded this country. 

Why are you using the same kind of extremist logic that fundamentalist Muslims use?

Keep religion out of it.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 04:55:08 PM »
Why are you using the same kind of extremist logic that fundamentalist Muslims use?

Keep religion out of it.

-Hedge
?? God has been in in there for a long time and if people don't like it then they can omit it but it should not be take out.

Anybody that doesn't like our policies or general way things are done should not expect them to be changed.  We can't please everyone so let's take into less account those who want to change things that have been in place for a while.  Who does it hurt to say "under God" in the pledge?

Baptist is still a Catholic off shoot.  Every Christian religion that we see in the US today is an offshoot of Catholicism.  Greek Orthodox members were once Catholic.

If you want to be a member of a country, you need to swear allegiance to it.
Squishy face retard

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 05:01:03 PM »
If you want to be a member of a country, you need to swear allegiance to it.

See, after someone swears allegiance, they won't be able to do anything bad against that country.  ::)

Oaths of allegiance are a chickenshit display of institutional narcissism better suited to General Zod than a constitutional democracy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 05:06:25 PM »
See, after someone swears allegiance, they won't be able to do anything bad against that country.  ::)

Oaths of allegiance are a chickenshit display of institutional narcissism better suited to General Zod than a constitutional democracy.

Don't immigrants who become American citizens take an oath?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 05:07:07 PM »
See, after someone swears allegiance, they won't be able to do anything bad against that country::)

Well, duh.  Lol.  I hear ya man.  I just think it is the right thing to do and I believe in those words and I feel that any other member of society here, even if they omit "God" while speaking it, should say it.
Squishy face retard