Author Topic: Bank of America Offers Credit Cards to Illegals  (Read 2778 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Bank of America Offers Credit Cards to Illegals
« on: February 13, 2007, 04:20:19 PM »
Cap will love this.   :)

Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2007 8:24 a.m. EST
Bank of America Offers Credit Cards to Illegals
Bank of America Corp. has begun offering credit cards to customers without Social Security numbers, typically illegal immigrants, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.

In recent years, banks across the country have been offering checking accounts and even mortgages to the nation's fast-growing ranks of undocumented immigrants, most of whom are Hispanic, the paper said, adding these immigrants generally have not been able to get major credit cards.

The new Bank of America card is open to people who lack both a Social Security number and a credit history, as long as they have held a checking account with the bank for three months without an overdraft, the Journal said.

Bank of America tested the program last year at five branches in Los Angeles, and last week expanded it to 51 branches in Los Angeles County, home to the largest concentration of illegal immigrants in the U.S., the Journal said.

The bank hopes to roll out the program nationally later this year, the paper said.

A Bank of America spokesman was not immediately available to comment.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/2/13/82621.shtml?s=ic

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Bank of America Offers Credit Cards to Illegals
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 04:43:26 PM »

This will also be an easy way to launder money for terrorists.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »
Bunch of bullshit. Seriously, why isn't our congress dealing with this bullshit?  >:(

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 05:00:21 PM »
(Cap...meltdown...grrr)   Okay, I'm good now.   ;D  This is so ridiculous it is redunkulous.  Haha.  I'm glad that we will again foot the bill when these ILLEGAL bastards run up their debt and other card members have their APR go up to balance out all the money lost.  Geez.  I swear, anyone that says these people are less burden than what they provide are retarded.  I'm still waiting for a response to my plan on how to run this society if we booted these assholes out. 

"Bottom line...If you have hate in your heart let it out! Who's against illegal credit cards?  If you have hate illegals and their bullshit, it doesn't mean there's a problem with you....it mean's there's a problem with Pedro."

Squishy face retard

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 05:35:33 PM »
Should I just sign over all my money and future earnings to these fuckers now or wait a few years?
Squishy face retard

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 05:41:02 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, there is no law against loaning an illegal money. Nor will the credit lines offered to such a person be especially useful for the money-laundering needs of a terrorist cell. Obviously, the company thinks it can make money doing this - as "sub-prime" lending has been on the rise for some time now. If it's wrong, they will consider that a greater punishment than your (to my mind) misplaced moral condemnation.

And to judge by the provisions of the new bankruptcy law, it will be a very long time before Congress does anything that the credit card companies don't like.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 08:10:04 PM »
I can only shake my head in disgust and be thankful I don't support BofA. anything else I say may warrant a MELTDOWN. >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 08:14:58 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, there is no law against loaning an illegal money.

Really? Every credit card application i have ever filled out always wanted me to include an AMERICAN SS number!!!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 08:19:03 PM »
Really? Every credit card application i have ever filled out always wanted me to include an AMERICAN SS number!!!

I'm sure they asked for your home phone number too.  :) That doesn't mean they were legally required to have it.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 08:22:24 PM »
I'm sure they asked for your home phone number too.  :) That doesn't mean they were legally required to have it.

If you don't have a SS number on the application it will be rejected!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 08:24:25 PM »

now and then you see news stories where people get credit cards for their pets.

Do they just make those numbers up, or leave it blank?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 08:26:40 PM »

You hear about it but not too often, it's either identity theft or just a big mistake but it's always caught!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 08:28:58 PM »

It will also be rejected if they don't like your financials. But there's no legal standard for obtaining credit.

Look, you simply can't establish that a credit card company is legally required to have your Social Security number by the fact that they ask you for it. Ron asks you for your e-mail address when you register here. That doesn't establish that he's legally required to have it.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 08:31:37 PM »
This will also be an easy way to launder money for terrorists.
that's what I said. holy crap, yeah patriot act. taking away americans freedom but giving it to illegals :-X

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 11:00:51 PM »

And to judge by the provisions of the new bankruptcy law, it will be a very long time before Congress does anything that the credit card companies don't like.

And a good law it is.  Bankruptcies plummeted in Hawaii when the reforms were enacted. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 11:17:23 PM »

Dayum, I gotta try that.......
HAHA, RON.....

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 12:03:15 AM »
Bunch of bullshit. Seriously, why isn't our congress dealing with this bullshit?  >:(

Because they're all in on it!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 12:20:10 AM »
(Cap...meltdown...grrr)   Okay, I'm good now.   ;D  This is so ridiculous it is redunkulous.  Haha.  I'm glad that we will again foot the bill when these ILLEGAL bastards run up their debt and other card members have their APR go up to balance out all the money lost.

Credit card issuers began raising interest rates back in 2003-2004, in anticipation of this new program.  Bank of America will not be alone in this...not even close.  These banks are (taking our money) doing this in order to attract new customers who, over the next several decades, will represent huge amount of interest payments.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 08:40:08 AM »
I don't see why everyone is up in arms about this? Do you actually think a Bank is going to extend a $50K credit limit to someone with no previous credit history?

More than llikely, what will be issued is a credit line closely linked with their account. ie: a debit card deducted from their account, or maybe a minimal line of credit ...$500 or $1000. Seizing their bank accounts if they are delinquent.

What you all should be screaming about is the multi-billion dollar S&L crisis that cost American taxpayers billions, not whether some guy can finally afford to make an unexpected car repair, ...or take advantage of a big sale before his paycheck arrives. S&L defaults caused by the likes of good conservatives like Neil Bush. Yep same family... no surprise there?
w

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 09:02:46 AM »
There was a woman on FOX yesterday from Mothers Against Illegal Aliens saying everyone cut up there BOA cards and they will be forced to do something. Guess what the official card of the US Government is? BOA! imagine that. EVERY member of the military (unless they have abused it) has a BOA card that they are required to use when traveling. If they don't use the BOA card they don't get reimbursed. The military alone could keep BOA in buisness
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 09:34:28 AM »
bank of America is a very progressive bank that actively seeks out ways to court, keep, and provide service for it's customers, ...so it's naturally gonna be the bank of choice for the widest number of people... whether they be ordinary Joe lunch boxes, soccer moms, business, government, drug dealers, money launderers etc...  :D
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 11:37:26 AM »
I don't see why everyone is up in arms about this? Do you actually think a Bank is going to extend a $50K credit limit to someone with no previous credit history?

Yes, because the banks are already doing it.

If you're an illegal immigrant, you can walk into Bank of America or Wells Fargo or UBC and get a mortgage loan FAR greater than $50K needing only utility bills and rent receipts to prove your creditworthiness. 

But if you're a tax-paying citizen, forget about it.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »
I think many people are confused about banking laws.  US banks are required by law to establish the identity of their customers, but not their citizenship or residency status, since there is no law prohibiting banks from dealing with foreign citizens.  Foreign citizens and companies frequently maintain accounts in US banks for various purposes.  Of course, these are not usually illegal aliens living in the US, but instead well-off foreigners living abroad. Point is, there's never been anything stopping a foreign citizen from walking into a US bank, using their actual foreign passport to establish identity, and opening an account. This person would not have a SSN, becasue they aren't a US citizen. Whether this person resides abroad and is simply doing business in the US, or they are an illegal alien residing in the US is only an issue if the bank chooses to make it an issue, but it certainly isn't a matter of law.

Hope this helps.
Ron: "I am lazy."