Author Topic: 5x5 Program while on  (Read 904 times)

Parker_Boy

• Getbig II
  • Lifting helps!
5x5 Program while on
« on: February 14, 2007, 06:43:04 AM »
I'm about to start up my next cycle. This will be my 3rd and it comes after about a 3 year lay off.

I plan on running 20 weeks as follows:
Test E @ 500mg/wk
Eq @ 300 mg/wk
Going to cruise at Test 250/wk once my 20 weeks is done.

I'm 37, 6'2" 210-215 @15%bf

I've been using a 5x5 program for the last 4 months and really like the strength gains I've gotten (plus a little size). I'm just not sure that I will be maximizing the gears effects by running this type of program. Should I switch back to a one bp per week type workout to counter this? My goal is to gain size while minimizing the water/fat gain.  The 5x5 program has me really spent after the workouts and I've been responding pretty well on it. The deads are killing me! Do any of you have any experience with this type of workout while running a cycle? Any input is appreciated.

Regards,

Parker Boy
If it is to be.

trab

• Getbig V
Re: 5x5 Program while on
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 06:55:05 AM »
Get some chains and board pressing into it & go all the way down to triples, doubles and singles.
Lift heavy but don't hurt your self.
Check out www.elitefts.com

Parker_Boy

• Getbig II
  • Lifting helps!
Re: 5x5 Program while on
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 08:36:47 AM »
Thanks for the reply Trab.

I'm entering my deloading and intensification period where I will be working on a 3x3 schedule of lifts. Based on my past experience I think it's not near enough load to be working with while on. I just like the simplicity of the program. I might just go back to a 4 day, one body part per week type workout while continuing the heavy compound movements.

Do any of you change your workouts for your particular cycle?

Late,

Parker Boy
If it is to be.