Author Topic: Am i wasting my time?  (Read 11394 times)

aaroncosbey

• Getbig I
  • Blonde chick with a hairy pussy
Am i wasting my time?
« on: February 14, 2007, 11:51:03 AM »
hi guys, i'm 21 and been lifting for 4 years

I have an athletic build, am 6"2 in height and weigh around 180 pounds
I'm not that strong. Can bench max - 120ish kgs and squat about the same. I regurlary bench 90-100Kgs.

ps. sorry about the crap photo (i know it shows nothing)...i'll have to get a proper camera and 'time it' so i can get Lats and chest/back shots...

Was thinking of doing my first cycle - but BP is an issue  :-\
-----

Or should i just keep powering on and change my workouts and diet?
I've kinda plateau'ed and cant see any improvment...

dunno what to do  ::)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: Am i wasting my time?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 04:06:47 PM »
At 21 you are wasting your time juicing. At the moment your body is a natural testosterone machine! Your bench is good for your age, but brother you got to get that squat up.... you should be squatting a lot more that you bench. And the Squat is a power movement so your lifts will go up in other exercises when you get stronger there.....

Mix up the training, focus on goals and even take a week or two off to refresh.

P

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 11:18:56 PM »
great toilet!

joking.... i think personally people should lift for years get towards their natural potential before even considering 'juicing', also i think u have heaps more room for muscle and improvement as a natural...u need a few years to really fill out that big frame of urs (im sure it harder at ur height than us shorter guys)... and also i really dont think u should juice at all...u dont need it if ur not gonna be a top competitor and also do u really want to inject and use needles? (personally i find that disgusting!)

also i think u have really good size for ur age and time u've been lifting

worst case get some clenbuterol...its  a pill form (theres liquid too if u want) and it is supposed to get u both ripped while also adding muscle.

hope that helps (i have very limited knowledge in non-legal supplements)
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

AVBG

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 12:33:58 AM »
Hey Aaron,

nzmm is right, theres still alot of natural potential left. You're a tall guy with a relatively fast metabolism so it is always going to be a struggle to put on mass for the sake of mass to fill out your frame.

your strength should only be a concern if your specifically training for strength, so don't think you dont compare well to others as its all relative and so many factors come in to play.

What's your training & eating look like?

What supps are you taking?

What type of job (you may go to school?) do you do?

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 12:38:07 AM »

worst case get some clenbuterol...its  a pill form (theres liquid too if u want) and it is supposed to get u both ripped while also adding muscle.

hope that helps (i have very limited knowledge in non-legal supplements)

D.L 5, whilst your advice is well meaning. suggesting clen on a nattie board is hillarious! Keep in mind that its a personal choice to use AAS and suggesting it here is a bit out there..

Please don't take this post the wrong way or be discouraged to post here -ok?

BTW, are you going to the Aussie pro show??

aaroncosbey

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 03:20:33 AM »
Thanks for the advice & replys guys!

Yeah - i would tend to agree with the natural test production....

I am finding it hard to 'fill out my frame' - my legs (calves/hamstrings) just dont want to gain mass! - Quads are OK though.
I seem to metabolise everything i come into contact with!  ::)

I often wondered how easy it would be if i were shorter - easy!!  ;)

I'm a student atmo, so i get to train anytime - usually hit the gym at 10.30 - 11 for 1hr to 1.5hrs.
Next year i'll be back to training at 8 til 9 in the morning....probably followed by a short evening session.

In regard to supplements - i take maximuscle cyclone (1 scoop) post workout. If i have a really good workout might up the doseage to 1.5 scoops  ;D

I like to think i eat pretty clean....no junk food, crisps, pop, refined sugar, etc.... i eat alot of complex carbs, vegtables and dinners that are cooked for me: lucky!  :P

I just cant seem to get the type of intensity i crave...

I'll take a couple of weeks off next month...i'll be away snowboarding so i'll be doing that everyday and too tired to lift.

ps. i thought about clen but i might leave it a while until my nat test levels diminish and i need to supp.

8)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 03:29:24 AM »
Thanks for the advice & replys guys!

Yeah - i would tend to agree with the natural test production....

I am finding it hard to 'fill out my frame' - my legs (calves/hamstrings) just dont want to gain mass! - Quads are OK though.
I seem to metabolise everything i come into contact with!  ::)

I often wondered how easy it would be if i were shorter - easy!!  ;)

I'm a student atmo, so i get to train anytime - usually hit the gym at 10.30 - 11 for 1hr to 1.5hrs.
Next year i'll be back to training at 8 til 9 in the morning....probably followed by a short evening session.

In regard to supplements - i take maximuscle cyclone (1 scoop) post workout. If i have a really good workout might up the doseage to 1.5 scoops  ;D

I like to think i eat pretty clean....no junk food, crisps, pop, refined sugar, etc.... i eat alot of complex carbs, vegtables and dinners that are cooked for me: lucky!  :P

I just cant seem to get the type of intensity i crave...

I'll take a couple of weeks off next month...i'll be away snowboarding so i'll be doing that everyday and too tired to lift.

ps. i thought about clen but i might leave it a while until my nat test levels diminish and i need to supp.

8)

Hey mate wer are u from?

Looking good tho bro, keep at it.

Iv alwasy sucked at flat benching (tho im working on it-actually ur bench is higher, but my squat is better lol).
I almost incline as much as i flat bench.

Dont over somplicate things, maybe just stick with basics (i do like 2 exercise per body part, but vvv intensly lifting until i cant move it). and eat even more, mayb have sum junk food, that might help.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

aaroncosbey

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 06:35:51 AM »
I'm from Ireland....

My squat really is poor.... i havent got many slow-twich fibres! - but i can sprint fast and jump really high.  8)

The gym that i go to has only got a smith machine.... - no barbells cos of insurance  >:( bastards!
I find it kills the weight i can use compared to a free bar.

Just had a heap of pasta and cajun smoked sausage for lunch... i know sausages are bad - but once a week shouldnt hurt  ;)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 08:16:30 AM »
I'm from Ireland....

My squat really is poor.... i havent got many slow-twich fibres! - but i can sprint fast and jump really high.  8)

The gym that i go to has only got a smith machine.... - no barbells cos of insurance  >:( bastards!
I find it kills the weight i can use compared to a free bar.

Just had a heap of pasta and cajun smoked sausage for lunch... i know sausages are bad - but once a week shouldnt hurt  ;)

Hey mate, screw it, eat that every day for lunch!!

Tell us ur workout mate!

davie

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »
Do you do a lot of movements?  Maybee Trim them back to just the 3 powerlifting moves & just a bit of
Tris, Lats & delt assistance movements.  Your burning up fuel. Dude you are not small.  EAT LIKE A MONSTER.   You wouldn't believe how much food a solid 300lb guy needs to put down to get that big.
I dont see Ice Cream and Pizza hurting here. Read Mairiusz Pudzianowski's chocolate diet in the Mar Flex if you want
a laugh.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 07:25:48 PM »
Looking good my friend.  I agree with nzmusclemonster, your test is high enough at your age, so is your metabolism, and judging form you pic, your metabolism is nothing to worry about.  But I could be wrong.  I dont know what your fustrated about, you look good. 

Biggest thing....EAT.  eat when you get up, then every 2-3 hours until you go to bed.  Shove that protein down your throat.  I would take a shake before you workout also so your body has s**t to pound into your muscles, then after also.  get on some creatine, glutamine, and glucosamine (helps your joints so when you get older they are healthy and not beat to s**t from all the lifting), thats all you need right now.  Then be sure you eat before you go to bed, cottage cheese or casein protein.  That will help in itself, your body feeds off your muscle at night when it fasts.  Put a slow digesting protein in you such as casein (6-8 hour digestion period) before you go to bed and you will notice a difference. 

Also, go to another gym.  Its tough when your resources are limited.  I coudlnt imagine lifting without dumbells and a squat rack.  If you can, move to a gym that has that s**t.  Plus that will help you get your intensity up. 

Switch reps, one week of failure at 6-8 reps, next week failre at 12-15, then next week failure at 10, mixing it up is important, same with movements, which again is difficult when your resources are limited.  As far as mixing up your dieting, as long as you dont get fat easily, shove food down your throat.  Sometimes bulking up or gaining some fat is the best thing to push yourself up out of a plateau.  I wish I would have ate more when I was your age and even younger. 

But like Davie said, the more specific you get with every lil detail the more we can help you.  This is just my .02 and what lil info you have provided. 

aaroncosbey

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 06:48:58 AM »
Thanks for all the advice guys  :)

Yesterday, myself and a mate had a good intense session in the gym....  started off with CV on the treadmill for 10mins, then full squats (bum to heel) '10x3' explosive reps (only 90kg - but using a crappy smith machine: which i find alot harder)!, followed with flat bench - only using 65lbs bumbells (biggest ones there) but managing to do 20 reps x 3 and supersetting them with 40lb dumbell flys 10x3. After that i had a big dose of maximuscle cyclone,  followed by weighted pullups (very wide grip). only managed 8x3sets with a 35lbs dumbell attached with a dip belt but supersetted them with lat pull down using a lighter weight (slightly less than bodyweight) but managing 12 reps straight after. (12x3). Good intensity and arm pump  8)
I finshed off by doing lateral raises and a big drink of PHD pharma whey choco. milkshake. yumm  :P

I immediately drove home and cooked 2.5 chicken breasts in a tomato and vegtable sauce with not much rice.
(i was as full as a tick)

After another few hours i had a bowl of non-suggary cereal and some fruit & yogurt. Then at night i had another cup of whey protien and 1/2 a pizza  and a bowl of shreddies :o 

Got 10 hours sleep last night and my QUADS/hams & groin area are sore as F**k right now! = Brilliant  :D

what do you think??

Ps. im going today to do incline bench, abs (never do them) and arms - (superseting 40lbs for 10reps dumbell curls with 20lbs dumbell curls for 10 reps X 4) - both in an incline position & standing position...concentrating on the technique and not moving my elbows.   

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 06:53:39 AM »
Of course if you ask the question on the natural bbing board, they will tell you not to juice:) but yeah, I agree with the folks on here. Unless you wanna compete in bbing or you wanna become a muscular magazine model or something, you don't really need juice now..

Just keep optimizing your training and nutrition. Take a couple years, experiment with your body and how it responds to variations in training and nutrition. Then at 24 or 25, steroids will still be there if you still want them!

aaroncosbey

• Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 06:56:01 AM »
Of course if you ask the question on the natural bbing board, they will tell you not to juice:) but yeah, I agree with the folks on here. Unless you wanna compete in bbing or you wanna become a muscular magazine model or something, you don't really need juice now..

Just keep optimizing your training and nutrition. Take a couple years, experiment with your body and how it responds to variations in training and nutrition. Then at 24 or 25, steroids will still be there if you still want them!

I agree....

thanks  ;)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 06:57:38 AM »
You're welcome. That's exactly the plan of action I am following. I don't wanna be one of those guys who are "all drugs." So I am building a solid foundation before I ever touch a needle.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 09:46:05 AM »
hey, i was in ireland 4 times on vacation to visit. (it's beautiful, and i'm not irish)!  anyway, you have an awesome build for your height. you don't need to juice man, like has been already said, your body is a natural testosterone pumping machine at age 21. you are in test "overdrive". just keep eating well, and you'll grow even more!   ;)  (watch the guiness intake too! too much is a bad thing!)  ;D  by the way, how much in pounds do you bench press? 

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 05:14:59 PM »
You dont need drugs. You look good. Knock off the cardio -your wasting valuable calories. Eat some junk food and fat! You need calories.
Get to a gym with  barbells and dumbells and benchs & powerRacks. Find some power Lifters and get
your bench & squat & dead Lift up.  Most supplements (other than creatine, whey, and a multi vit) are a waste of money that should'a been spent on beef, chicken eggs etc.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 04:18:02 AM »
Hey bro, sounds like ur working hard.

Am i right in sayig in that one workout u did chest,quads and back and a little shoulder work (not dissing it just trying to get a feel for ur routine)??
And the next day (or session) u wer doing chest and bis?

Whats ur split?

davie

dave-boy

• Getbig I
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 07:33:49 AM »
aaron if your gym does not have sufficient equipment would you not think of moving gym? i did that my self as the equipment in my old gym was v-old and kept breaking. its does a whole lot of diference when you use better equipment. im 17 and bench 110kg but my squats have stopped due to the removal of my toenail from infection and im on crutches wont be squatin for 3 months hahahaahaaa....... im boloxed!!

P.S where in ireland you live?, im in Dublin.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 08:31:03 AM »
aaron if your gym does not have sufficient equipment would you not think of moving gym? i did that my self as the equipment in my old gym was v-old and kept breaking. its does a whole lot of diference when you use better equipment. im 17 and bench 110kg but my squats have stopped due to the removal of my toenail from infection and im on crutches wont be squatin for 3 months hahahaahaaa....... im boloxed!!

P.S where in ireland you live?, im in Dublin.

That is some toenail injury bro, sorry to hear that tho the way i 1st read it was kinda amusing (sympathy to u tho mate)!!

Hows u training aaroncosbey??

davie

aaroncosbey

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 06:06:00 AM »
update:

I have been very very bad the last 2 days  :'(

On tuesday & wednesday i spent 35 mins on a cross trainer and 10 mins on the treadmill, on tuesday night tho i went trampolining and had a 10minute bench/flys session in a university gym. The 10mins were good while they lasted! I also cycle to work (its not strenuous).
I'm planning to do some shoulders, dips & abs in about 10 mins......  Strap 40kgs to a dip belt and every set strip 5kgs off to manintain the 10-11 rep mark.

I would consider moving gym if i had to pay for the one i'm using atmo (work). The only thing it doesent have is a free barbell. I have to use a smith machine for everything!

I'll get a few leg shots tomorrow hopfully....squat session is due.

ps. dave-boy i live in celbridge

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 06:21:15 AM »
Aaron; If your tryin to gain size w/ your bodyType- you have to knock off all that cardio.
Barrbells & dumbells. You have tremendous potential there. What are your goals really?

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 12:21:09 AM »
Yep, change workouts and diet. Simple as that. You have lots of room to improve naturally.

Chevybigguns

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 05:31:57 PM »
Before going to gear to make gains, as hard as it may be you need to get a good base first. But lifting is never a waste of time, as long as you still enjoy doing it. Not all can be mass monsters, and it does not happen over night.  Train to the Extreme

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 07:44:02 PM »
Before going to gear to make gains, as hard as it may be you need to get a good base first. But lifting is never a waste of time, as long as you still enjoy doing it. Not all can be mass monsters, and it does not happen over night.  Train to the Extreme

I believe it's a waste of time if you don't get the right nutrients or the right program to make it effective. You may enjoy it, but what's the point if you don't improve, aside from simple "maintenence" training?