Author Topic: Newbie on Creatine. What to take? and how much?  (Read 3139 times)

dan_123

• Getbig II
Newbie on Creatine. What to take? and how much?
« on: February 14, 2007, 12:46:11 PM »
Dear reader im looking for serious answers.
Im 21 years old and i take really good care of my body that why I would like to stress the importance of very serious answers from people who KNOW about this.

I decided to start takeing creatine but with all the websites and stores only trying to sell their own products it is very hard for me to decide.

- What creatine should I take?, what kind?, company? monohydrate or other kind?

- How much should i take? and when?

Im very athletic/skinny and trying to build up a nice body now. I started takeing N-Large shakes 2 times a day (morning and at night right after working out)

and i go to the gym monday to friday and rest saturday and sunday.

please give me serious answers from people who now about this because the last thing i want to do is start takeing a supplement in a wrong way so nothing happens, or simply too much so i hurt my body.

Thank you all in advance.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Newbie on Creatine. What to take? and how much?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 12:50:30 PM »
5 grams before and after you train.  As for brand, make sure you get "micronized" and you just have to try it to see if it upsets your stomach. I've used lots of different brands and i've never had a problem with my stomach.

Most people make it much more complicated then it has to be.  Personlly I don't use the stuff, but i know lots of people that use it all the time, they never cycle on or off, or do any of that loading stage nonsense.
bodybuildersreality.com

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 12:52:04 PM »
good luck and i say skip the loading phase, as i think it was invented to use of the stuff faster so you have to buy more.  5g before and after, like the guy said, and you will be good. 
F

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 01:49:38 PM »
5g before and after each workout?  What about non trainging days? 

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 01:50:21 PM »
read the instructions on the packaging.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 02:37:38 PM »
5g before and after each workout?  What about non trainging days? 
take the 5g twice whenever...i'll usually do 5g in the morning then 5g in the afternoon then 5g before bed.
bodybuildersreality.com

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 10:21:11 PM »
take the 5g twice whenever...i'll usually do 5g in the morning then 5g in the afternoon then 5g before bed.

I agree,  usually 10 grams a day is all you need on workout days, then 5 grams on non-workout days.  Also creatine works best if you give it some simple sugar to transport it to the cells ( by spiking your insulin) the trick is to take your creatine, then about 20 minutes later take some dextrose.  take about 35 grams of dextrose per every 5 grams of creatine.  As for brands Optimum Nutirion usually has it pretty cheap.  If you have trouble downing the power creatine, then get the capsules ( more expensive ), but convinent. when I used to weigh 165, creatine took me up to 185 in two weeks.  ( all water ) but I felt a difference in my workouts.