Author Topic: Bob Sapp ready to tear up Cage Rage  (Read 2670 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Bob Sapp ready to tear up Cage Rage
« on: February 14, 2007, 02:59:22 PM »
a few days ago it was confirmed he had signed to fight at Cage Rage 20 and it seems that everybody wants to be the man to face him! Go onto the homepage and check out the video of him being squared up to in the cage, it makes for very entertaining viewing to say the least. Now those guys arent exactly small people and he literally dwarfs them all

www.cagerage.tv

Scouser on Tour

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Bob Sapp ready to tear up Cage Rage
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 04:26:40 PM »
Do you think that event will sell out the arena?

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 04:58:47 PM »
I will be watching this one... damn that dude is big. 

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 04:47:22 AM »
a few days ago it was confirmed he had signed to fight at Cage Rage 20 and it seems that everybody wants to be the man to face him! Go onto the homepage and check out the video of him being squared up to in the cage, it makes for very entertaining viewing to say the least. Now those guys arent exactly small people and he literally dwarfs them all

www.cagerage.tv

Sapp would for sure win over those 2 guys that were facing him, although Sapp is not much of a fighter...
S

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 02:12:28 PM »
Everytime I see Sapp I always remember him crying on the ground courtesy of a Crocop punch.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 02:31:38 PM »
same here, I always see the end of this when Sapp is brought up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc8vXz4wGzw

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 04:24:04 AM »
same here, I always see the end of this when Sapp is brought up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc8vXz4wGzw

Well, there are 2 Sapp fights that intrigate me. This is the first: Sapp is much to "soft" to be true, normally he starts fighting with a lot of power (see Sapp vs Le Banner), and in this fight it seems that sapp is avoiding to really punch Mirko (an excelent fighter btw), and the way Sapp gets KO is almost aunbelieveble, it is not a very hard punch (Mirko can do much better) and Sapp falls down... Weird at least. Another weird Sapp figth was against Sefo, K-1 match, Sapp punched Sefo 4 times into the floor, Sapp was hitting like an enraged animal, but the referee was always protecting Sefo, then Sefo low kicked Sapp in the genitals and the referee didn't even punished Sefo, after that Sapp was never the same. Bottom line Sefo should have lost his match against Sapp, and Mirko had a very lucky punch, or something that is not well explained. Nevertheless I think Sapp can win these 2 excellent fighters in an MMA ruled fight...
S

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 09:04:42 AM »
Well, there are 2 Sapp fights that intrigate me. This is the first: Sapp is much to "soft" to be true, normally he starts fighting with a lot of power (see Sapp vs Le Banner), and in this fight it seems that sapp is avoiding to really punch Mirko (an excelent fighter btw), and the way Sapp gets KO is almost aunbelieveble, it is not a very hard punch (Mirko can do much better) and Sapp falls down... Weird at least. Another weird Sapp figth was against Sefo, K-1 match, Sapp punched Sefo 4 times into the floor, Sapp was hitting like an enraged animal, but the referee was always protecting Sefo, then Sefo low kicked Sapp in the genitals and the referee didn't even punished Sefo, after that Sapp was never the same. Bottom line Sefo should have lost his match against Sapp, and Mirko had a very lucky punch, or something that is not well explained. Nevertheless I think Sapp can win these 2 excellent fighters in an MMA ruled fight...

mirko hit sapp with a very clean straight left that cracked his eye socket. that's what happened. nothing funny there. ever had a migraine? well times that by about 100 and you'll get an idea how much pain sapp was in.

sapp is an arm puncher. his technique is crap. what can get you in the end is his sheer weight. he basically bull rushes and smothers you. quite quick though for such a massive guy.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »
sapp has no fighting skills but power to spare. His punches are wild but if he hits you right its game over, however if he steps in with Mirko again itll be the same result. Ive also smashed someones eye socket and its not a nice thing to see, i fully understand why he was in so much pain
Scouser on Tour

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 09:27:45 AM »
the two fights sapp won that bothers me are against ernest hoost, i like to see them again cant believe he won
Z

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 09:39:59 AM »
hoost was having a lot of problems with the size and strength of sapp combined with his bull rush style and he made the mistake of going straight back against the ropes.

should have did what mirko did and move laterally with sapp (because he comes straight forward) and give him angles.

then sapp has to reset his huge bulk every time mirko changed the angle.

mirko also threw some very strong kicks to sapp's thighs too which slowed sapp down a bit.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »
hoost was having a lot of problems with the size and strength of sapp combined with his bull rush style and he made the mistake of going straight back against the ropes.

should have did what mirko did and move laterally with sapp (because he comes straight forward) and give him angles.

then sapp has to reset his huge bulk every time mirko changed the angle.

mirko also threw some very strong kicks to sapp's thighs too which slowed sapp down a bit.

Hoost was kicking the shit out of Sapp's legs. Sapp stumbled a few times from the leg kicks to his left thigh. Hoost was just unlucky.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 04:18:27 PM »
mirko hit sapp with a very clean straight left that cracked his eye socket. that's what happened. nothing funny there. ever had a migraine? well times that by about 100 and you'll get an idea how much pain sapp was in.

sapp is an arm puncher. his technique is crap. what can get you in the end is his sheer weight. he basically bull rushes and smothers you. quite quick though for such a massive guy.

One of the most concise analysis on this forum.  Very large, somewhat athletic monster with little skills.  His fight against Fujita showed what Sapp is capable of when things don't go his way.  He should never have beaten Hoost the second time, definite early stoppage, and his fight against Kimo was a travesty as well. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 05:28:16 PM »
One of the most concise analysis on this forum.  Very large, somewhat athletic monster with little skills.  His fight against Fujita showed what Sapp is capable of when things don't go his way.  He should never have beaten Hoost the second time, definite early stoppage, and his fight against Kimo was a travesty as well. 

Didint Bowjoski (sp.) tear him down, if i remember right Sapp was cut down like a tree and then destroyed... I dont remember tht fight that well.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 09:16:45 AM »
do you mean Remy Bonjasky? Sapp basically quit in the fight because he had his arse handed to him and took the DQ route. Remy kicked the shit out of him for the best part of 5 minutes
Scouser on Tour

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 09:31:26 AM »
do you mean Remy Bonjasky? Sapp basically quit in the fight because he had his arse handed to him and took the DQ route. Remy kicked the shit out of him for the best part of 5 minutes

fuck

look at the size difference in sapp's arms!

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 10:21:29 AM »
i know, and Remy isnt exactly a small man by any standards. They were reportedly 26" when he was playing football
Scouser on Tour

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 10:26:45 AM »
I just watched the Sapp-Bonjasky fight again. 5 minutes of Sapp getting the shit kicked out of him.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 02:08:07 PM »
Sapp is a bully, he physically overwhelms people early on, but if things aren't going his way, he packs it in. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 02:41:05 PM »

Yeah thats the fight and yeah Sapp got his ass kicked, Remy is the man... Great flying knees he has... And solid all around game... I love that fight... Sapp gets chopped the F*CK down..

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 02:51:38 AM »
yeah, i saw the two fights against Hoost, i think Hoost biggest mistake was to get too much in front of Sapp. He should move a lot more around Sapp, punching him and getting away from his reach, and off course throwing a lot of kicks.
 I dont know if he got tired of what, but its strange that times when he is on the rope, with Sapp bitchslapping him and he didnt even do a step to the side, just stays there...Sapp greater reach with hands helped him a lot too, it seemed the Hoost was having dificulties finding the right distance
!