Author Topic: VOTE TO KEEP THE STATUS QUO OR GET TWO NEW MODS  (Read 2579 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
VOTE TO KEEP THE STATUS QUO OR GET TWO NEW MODS
« on: February 14, 2007, 03:48:31 PM »
Jimmy want's 2 more mods.  Both Ozmo and I and several members have mentioned that this forum works fine and does not need more mods, but Jimmy felt like holding a vote in General that skips right over asking if we need 2 more mods... He even lied saying there was a clamor for 2 new mods when that never happend... Only replacing DL was talked about so his vote is on false pretense... Please vote:

Yes: 2 more mods are needed.

No: the status quo is fine.

Only forum regulars will count... If you don't post in this forum, it obviously doesn't matter to you so Jimmy can't go get people to come vote who don't post here.  It should only matter to the people who use the forum anyway.  this will be heavily moderated thread, state your opinion on your vote and make your vote, but this is a vote thread so it doesn't need to dissolve into something that's not a vote thread.  Stay on topic for this thread.

Jimmy, I removed your post and all posts that are not vote posts that explain their position.  Vote or not, but this thread will not be killed.  Lets honestly see if board regulars think there needs to be a change, I can't see why you would want to sabatoge that Jimmy.  I will delete any posts that are not votes from regulars in this thread.  So vote, talk about your vote, but that's it. feel free to get board regs to vote...

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: VOTE TO KEEP THE STATUS QUO OR GET TWO NEW MODS
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 03:55:37 PM »
I want three Mods only, but we need balance in the Moderation.  I'd like to either see DL participate much more, or be replaced.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 03:58:23 PM »
I want three Mods only, but we need balance in the Moderation.  I'd like to either see DL participate much more, or be replaced.
But that's not what they're voting for is it.  So this is a No vote for 2 more mods and as promised, if you get enough people to vote on replacing DL, you can have a sticky to replace him... fair? I'm trying to work with you, at least meet me halfway on this, I'm trying to be fair to you despite not liking you.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 04:09:20 PM »
This is clearly not going to end well.  I can sense it in the FORCE

My vote is YES FOR NEW MODS based on lack of posting by our Righty mod and your actions right now show that there needs to be a balance and consensus.  I like you here and like the fact that you made this board but you need to chill.

Limiting it to regulars here or otherwise is biased.  Ron said that vote on general will count and you need to abide by that to be fair, no matter if any of us wins or not.  If it's JImmy and ROb, so be it but let the people speak. You cannot dismiss votes like that.

The votes of others are akin to new voters in our society and dismissing them is why younger people don't vote, similar to why others refuse to post here currently.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 04:16:31 PM »
Hey guys, read the rules of the thread... Only votes and talks about your vote, what the f**k is hard with that for one thread??? Good Grief!!!!  Just vote and back up your vote!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S ALL THIS THREAD IS FOR!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS THREAD IS HEAVILY MODERATED... JUST VOTE ONLY AND BACK YOUR REASONS FOR YOUR VOTE IF YOU WANT... IF YOU WANT TO EXPAND AND SAY MORE, START A THREAD, YOU WANT TO BADMOUTH ME, START A THREAD, BUT THIS WILL BE ONLY FOR VOTES TO BE TALLIED FROM BOARD REGULARS.  THIS IS NOT EXTREME, RELAX... IT'S JUST THIS WAY SO JIMMY OR OTHERS CAN'T SABATOGE THE THREAD FROM BOARD REGULARS.

STATE YOUR VOTE AND WHY, BUT THAT'S IT.

FORUM REGULARS ONLY, No offense guys, this is all so that a fair vote can be had...  that's all...  You all know I don't mod the board like this....

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 04:37:45 PM »
NO: The Status Quo is fine.

If it ain't broke, ...don't fix it. I think the forum has been exceptional! Up until a few days ago when a whiny member launch a passive aggressive attack on Berserker, this forum had been humming along swimmingly. The only problem I see is a mod busting his balls bending over backwards to accomodate someone who doesn't deserve such accomodation, ...and that sucks.

No need for new mods, and no need to replace any existing mods.
w

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 04:38:16 PM »
Add the mods and don't delete this >:(
E

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 04:41:01 PM »
vote and express your opinion on your vote but that's it please... You are free to attack my modding in complaints and you are free to attack my politics by posting a thread in political...  Please indulge this...  The reason only forum regulars is because it was said by Jimmy that there was a clamor for 2 new mods... there was no clamor for 2 new mods... Jimmy made this about what the users of this forum had issues with... Lets see if there was a clamor then.  I'm sorry for the strict rules, I do not mod like this, you all know, this is for this thread only so Jimmy can't work to make it one sided.  It's about all of you who post here all the time, not about Jimmy's vendetta against me...

PS, I TOLD RON ABOUT THIS THREAD SO HE KNOWS I'M DOING A STRICT MOD FOR THIS THREAD ONLY...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 04:45:57 PM »
Add the mods and don't delete this >:(
you at least post here now and then so we'll count you,

but if you don't post here, you're not being counted, Bigger B has put similar stipulations on votes before, this is not unreasonable since it is about the supposed dissatisfaction of users of the forum, why would someone who doesn't post here care...

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 05:02:27 PM »
STATUS QUO!

Nothing needs to change. If the mods post, great. If they don't post, great. Whiney ass fools stirring up nonsense.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 06:01:33 PM »
No: the status quo

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 06:07:05 PM »
I suppose it's a compliment to the moderating here that I have never noticed it in action. My early extreme posts - which could have been reasonably construed as unnecessarily provocative and consequently deleted - were allowed to stand. As were the occasionally virulent personal attacks they have provoked now and then. And I wouldn't have expected anything less. This is Getbig after all - the rowdiest Wild West saloon in town. That's what I at least love about it.

So I'm baffled as to where all this backstage drama is coming from. Given his systemic difficultness, I darkly suspect BRUCE of being the engine of discord. But without more information, I'll simply say that I perceive not the slightest need for a moderating change - and am frankly skeptical of the motives of those who claim differently.

No: The status quo is fine

[rebuttal by bruce posted here: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=127588.msg1813674#msg1813674]--Berserker

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 06:37:44 PM »
Status Quo
Z

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 09:57:15 PM »
I say YES

[comment on this post added by Cap86: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=127588.msg1814177#msg1814177]--Berserker

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 10:19:28 PM »
Status Quo... I like it the way it is.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 10:49:57 PM »
I vote NO. fine the way it is.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 11:35:46 PM »
8 votes No keep the status quo

vs.

3 for 2 more mods.

that's settled, thanks for voting!!!!!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 11:49:56 PM »
NO: The Status Quo is fine.

If it ain't broke, ...don't fix it. I think the forum has been exceptional! Up until a few days ago when a whiny member launch a passive aggressive attack on Berserker, this forum had been humming along swimmingly. The only problem I see is a mod busting his balls bending over backwards to accomodate someone who doesn't deserve such accomodation, ...and that sucks.

No need for new mods, and no need to replace any existing mods.

I agree. I vote NO...the mods we have are fine.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 08:52:39 AM »
I vote for quo,  keep it the same but i think it's time we look at replacing DL  with BRUCE or CAP

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 09:00:10 AM »
I vote with the status quo.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 09:12:33 AM »
status quo

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 09:23:25 AM »
12 votes No keep the status quo

vs.

3 for 2 more mods.

that's settled, thanks for voting!!!!!

Ok the vote is now over... It's clear Jimmy was full of caca but we all already knew that anyway...  The clamor was from Bruce, Intensone and Cap86 to replace Delusional Liberal.  That has to go to ron as a request since DL will not allow a sticky of a vote to get rid of him.  The vote to get rid of DL must be posted by Ron.  Right now it is clear, the members and all the mods do not want more mods.  So the only issue is with DL not posting and a few people wanting a replacement.  That's were it stands now.