Author Topic: U.S. to allow 7,000 Iraqi refugees  (Read 8732 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: U.S. to allow 7,000 Iraqi refugees
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2007, 09:11:20 PM »
An immigrant just emptied the trash and vacuumed the floor in my office.  She can barely speak a lick of English.  Very nice lady though.  God bless America.   :)

Even I'm a filthy immigrant  >:(
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2007, 09:11:39 PM »
Of course we have immigration standards.  I was referring to this:

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

No accident that we lead the world in immigration. 

You're putting helping foreigners above protecting Americans.

Seriously, you defend anything Bush says.  That has to be it.  If Obama thought we should bring in thousands of people form a country full of insurgents killing our men, you'd call him an idiot.

it's a shame you can't think for yourself.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »
maybe we do lead the world in immigration....doesn't mean we need to bring them here. can you see a difference?

Do I see the difference between thousands of people immigrating to this country on their own and thousands immigrating because we bring them here?  Uh . . . no?   :)

I understand the concerns and have some of my own.  But I do support the idea.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2007, 09:12:41 PM »
Even I'm a filthy immigrant  >:(

Yeah!  Stay out!   :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2007, 09:17:02 PM »
Do I see the difference between thousands of people immigrating to this country on their own and thousands immigrating because we bring them here?  Uh . . . no?   :)

I understand the concerns and have some of my own.  But I do support the idea.  
your post answers many questions, I don't need to know anything more about you, you are blind. Good night, and I can't believe I'm gonne say this but, good luck with this one 240.  :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2007, 09:19:27 PM »
Yeah!  Stay out!   :)

They took his jaaaaaaaarb!
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2007, 09:20:12 PM »
your post answers many questions, I don't need to know anything more about you, you are blind. Good night, and I can't believe I'm gonne say this but, good luck with this one 240.  :D

anyone with a half a brain will mock the idea of sweeping up 7000 folks from Iraq and just dropping them off here.

You'll get bleeding heart liberals - Beach Bum for instance - who consider making 7000 iraqis happy to be more important than keeping 300,000,000 Americans SAFE.

You'll always have folks like that.  He says he supports the troops but doesn't mind endangering his fellow citizens if it means keeping iraqis happy.  Some American, eh? :(

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2007, 09:25:59 PM »
I'm not going to doubt his patriotism, but if he can't see the difference between people immigrating here on their own, and our gov. giving them a free ride and possibly endangering Americans on our own soil, then he is a fool. Regardless of political beliefs, you would have to be blind or ignorant or both to not see that.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2007, 09:30:44 PM »
They took his jaaaaaaaarb!

No Visa for you.   :) 

Cannot play anymore.  Kiddies are home awaiting American Idol and Lost.  Big night!  Buenos noches.   :)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2007, 09:32:33 PM »
No Visa for you.   :) 

Cannot play anymore.  Kiddies are home awaiting American Idol and Lost.  Big night!  Buenos noches.   :)

You infidel scum!
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2007, 09:35:45 PM »
American Idol and Lost.  Big night!

Sounds like BB gets his news from some quality sources.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2007, 10:03:32 PM »
Well, we did fuck up their country... so I see that point, but I dunno... how many possible terrorists are we now just letting into the country?

I guess you can't judge them all based on the actions of a few, so I'd probably have to say yes, but it would be with "reservation".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2007, 07:36:06 AM »
Well, we did f**k up their country... so I see that point, but I dunno... how many possible terrorists are we now just letting into the country?

I guess you can't judge them all based on the actions of a few, so I'd probably have to say yes, but it would be with "reservation".

[GASP]   :)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2007, 08:35:15 AM »
Am I dreaming here?

Can someone PLEASE chime in with some common sense?

Our soldiers on the street cannot tell the good guys from the bad guys.  And we're going to set them loose here, unsupervised.  What a shit idea.

Have to agree with 240 on this one. Take care of our own. We send thousands of troops each year to central americ as part of new horizons. As I have said before those people used to spit at us. Money oculd have stayed here. And there is no way we can trust all of those people.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2007, 10:42:29 AM »
Have to agree with 240 on this one. Take care of our own. We send thousands of troops each year to central americ as part of new horizons. As I have said before those people used to spit at us. Money oculd have stayed here. And there is no way we can trust all of those people.

That's the most important part.  We can't identify the good guys from the bad guys over there, when we're patrolling their streets with 50 cals.   Some bad will get thru, and they'll be set loose in our open society, where there are no SUVs patrolling. 

The ONLY thing stopping these pricks from setting off IEDs in NYC or blowing up sporting events?  That background check before they arrive here.

I don't know about you, but I know it's too easy to fake identities to get thru.  We can't pick out the bad guys there, and we're not going to be able to pick em out when the refugee plane arrives.  They will get in, and they will do bad shit.  I can't understand why some Clinton voters here are so okay with sacrificing our national security.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2007, 10:59:58 AM »
I agree. Not much information given on this story, yet. Today it became clear as daylight this was not a good idea, when I looked in my pantry and found out I had a batch of ConAgra Foods Peter Pan salmonella tainted peanut butter, I bought it in May, and they just not found this shit out, goes to show you how easy it is to contaminant food, wonder how many of these Iraqi will end up working for a food processing plant?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2007, 11:52:24 AM »
goes to show you how easy it is to contaminant food, wonder how many of these Iraqi will end up working for a food processing plant?

damn.  imagine some kind of terror attack like that...

i cannot believe some people are okay with making our country less safe. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2007, 02:28:39 PM »
damn.  imagine some kind of terror attack like that...

i cannot believe some people are okay with making our country less safe. 

Dude, I'm totally not ok with making our country less safe, however, we have already made THEIR country less safe.

I don't like it either way, but we did bring turmoil and danger to their nation, should we turn our backs on the people who really need our help now?

It's a tough call all around... I would much rather not help them, but damn... It's our country's fault isn't it?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2007, 02:34:06 PM »
Dude, I'm totally not ok with making our country less safe, however, we have already made THEIR country less safe.

I don't like it either way, but we did bring turmoil and danger to their nation, should we turn our backs on the people who really need our help now?

It's a tough call all around... I would much rather not help them, but damn... It's our country's fault isn't it?

No it isn't our countries fault. Ask an Iraqi if they want us to leave. Hell no, (I've been there, asked that, got the t-shirt) We are the only thing keeping it from getting worse. It is a small % of iraqis in the civil war. Most just want to be safe and if we pull out they will die 10 fold of what they do now. Although Saddam was a threat to us, he kept the civil war at bay. We are the only ones there to play that role now.
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2007, 02:39:55 PM »
No it isn't our countries fault. Ask an Iraqi if they want us to leave. Hell no, (I've been there, asked that, got the t-shirt) We are the only thing keeping it from getting worse. It is a small % of iraqis in the civil war. Most just want to be safe and if we pull out they will die 10 fold of what they do now. Although Saddam was a threat to us, he kept the civil war at bay. We are the only ones there to play that role now.

I don't think that really answers the point... The point I was making is, was it more or less dangerous for the average Iraqi walking down the street with Saddam?

I am not talking about percentages, but most of Saddam's murdering was done long ago... He had the country in check and there was no "in fighting" like their is now.

You can not deny that fact.

We created the environment for those people to become refugees (as we took over), so while I don't want them here, they want in to this country because we gave them the avenue to request asylum.

This is true yes?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2007, 02:41:02 PM »
I don't think that really answers the point... The point I was making is, was it more or less dangerous for the average Iraqi walking down the street with Saddam?

I am not talking about percentages, but most of Saddam's murdering was done long ago... He had the country in check and there was no "in fighting" like their is now.

We created the environment for those people to become refugees (as we took over), so while I don't want them here, they want in to this country because we gave them the avenue to request asylum.

This is true yes?

can see your argument but still don't want them here.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2007, 02:42:13 PM »

This is true yes?

It is more dangerous now.  Death rates per population are way up, this cannot be denied.

Still, because Bush decided to invade, doesn't mean you and I should have to tolerate 7000 foreigners with no skills, no money, and possibly terrorist ambitions, to move into our block.

WE don't owe them anything.  You can argue if Bush does, whatever.  But I don't want my country becoming less safer because "we owe it to them".  You don't being in people from a country where you're warring.  You just don't.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2007, 03:03:37 PM »
can see your argument but still don't want them here.

I don't want them here either... On that we are in total agreement.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2007, 03:04:53 PM »
It is more dangerous now.  Death rates per population are way up, this cannot be denied.

Still, because Bush decided to invade, doesn't mean you and I should have to tolerate 7000 foreigners with no skills, no money, and possibly terrorist ambitions, to move into our block.

WE don't owe them anything.  You can argue if Bush does, whatever.  But I don't want my country becoming less safer because "we owe it to them".  You don't being in people from a country where you're warring.  You just don't.

Hey man... I'm with you on this... I don't want them here either... but how can we as a country not feel somewhat responsible for their situation... we did put the guy in charge.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2007, 03:06:11 PM »
Hey man... I'm with you on this... I don't want them here either... but how can we as a country not feel somewhat responsible for their situation... we did put the guy in charge.

The war isn't over yet.  We can talk about it then.  But we're spending $200 mil a day and 3120 lives so far, and we don't know who's good and who's bad.  When the war is over and all the bad guys are dealt with, I'm up for discussing it then.