Author Topic: The Vault: Good Idea Or Bad?  (Read 8793 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: The Vault: Good Idea Or Bad?
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 04:40:04 PM »
I just think you are trying to make this place more than it is. If I make a post in the future and someone asks me to write an essay to prove my point, I will tell them to f**k off. You are trying way too hard to make this an exclusive club for a select few and not making this place inviting for Getbig as a whole imo.

Actually, Danielson, if you read my initial post, I have clearly stated the debate will not be on (in this forum, anyway), unless both parties agree.  What do you have to fear?  If you make baseless claims and then will not support them with an essay, maybe you shouldn't be making them in the first place.
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 04:52:12 PM »
Actually, Danielson, if you read my initial post, I have clearly stated the debate will not be on (in this forum, anyway), unless both parties agree.  What do you have to fear?  If you make baseless claims and then will not support them with an essay, maybe you shouldn't be making them in the first place.

I fear more bullshit like I read yesterday. That if you are not a "regular" on here, you are somehow less important.(I was under the impression that as soon as Ron OKed your account here, you were just as important as everyone else). You know damn well that the casual poster would find this stupid and would not want to be asked to write an essay only to be slammed when they decline.
E

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 05:01:34 PM »
I fear more bullshit like I read yesterday. That if you are not a "regular" on here, you are somehow less important.(I was under the impression that as soon as Ron OKed your account here, you were just as important as everyone else). You know damn well that the casual poster would find this stupid and would not want to be asked to write an essay only to be slammed when they decline.

I couldn't care less how much or little time someone spends here, Danielson, and wouldn't know how to guage it even if I did.

What I judge people on is debates and opinions, if you bring the debate here, then you'll get challenged on it. Again, why should this worry you?

Even so, I doubt anyone but regulars will get engaged in this type of debate.
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 05:09:48 PM »
I couldn't care less how much or little time someone spends here, Danielson, and wouldn't know how to guage it even if I did.

What I judge people on is debates and opinions, if you bring the debate here, then you'll get challenged on it. Again, why should this worry you?

Even so, I doubt anyone but regulars will get engaged in this type of debate.

You can't challenge someones opinions now can you? As far as your comment about "the regulars", perhaps you could get more traffic by not distinguishing between "us" and "you" so often and making more Getbiggers feel at home? You're attempt to make this into an elitist board yesterday and continuing today has not gone unnoticed. ;)
E

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 05:13:36 PM »
You can't challenge someones opinions now can you? As far as your comment about "the regulars", perhaps you could get more traffic by not distinguishing between "us" and "you" so often and making more Getbiggers feel at home? You're attempt to make this into an elitist board yesterday and continuing today has not gone unnoticed. ;)

Actually, it was you that made this distinction, Danielson.  I'll repeat, for your benefit:

I'll have 240 greet you with a cuddle and a card if you don't feel as 'at home' as you would like, okay?
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »
Actually, it was you that made this distinction, Danielson.  I'll repeat, for your benefit:

I'll have 240 greet you with a cuddle and a card if you don't feel as 'at home' as you would like, okay?

That would be great Bruce. ::) You are proving my point exactly. The average person at Getbig doesn't want to take the time to write an essay to prove his opinion on a messageboard. I realize that 5 or 6 of you think that its a great idea, but the average Getbigger would just avoid this board more than they already do.
E

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
The average person at Getbig doesn't want to take the time to write an essay to prove his opinion on a messageboard. I realize that 5 or 6 of you think that its a great idea, but the average Getbigger would just avoid this board more than they already do.

I don't disagree, Danielson.  But why not let those that do want to engage in this type of debate have a forum to do so?

I never said this was a bona fide great idea, I was just asking for feedback on it.  If the board doesn't like my idea, then so be it.  If they do, you will find other ways to complain to me, no doubt.
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »
I don't disagree, Danielson.  But why not let those that do want to engage in this type of debate have a forum to do so?

I never said this was a bona fide great idea, I was just asking for feedback on it.  If the board doesn't like my idea, then so be it.  If they do, you will find other ways to complain to me, no doubt.

Yeah, cuz I have complained about you so many times in the past ::) I didn't like your idea of inviting everyone to read your blog and then talk about it here(cuz it makes you look like an attention whore imo), but I didn't comment on it. I just don't think you should exclude future posters of this board with an idea of writing essays to support opinions, when only a few of you would actually choose to do so. Maybe you can write an "essay" and explain how this is going to help the board in the future?
E

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 05:41:26 PM »
Maybe you can write an "essay" and explain how this is going to help the board in the future?

Are you challenging me?   ;D

Seriously though, if you can prove to me that doing this will in fact drive posters away from this board, I'll let the idea go through to the 'keeper.

I can't be sure, so far I've had more support than negativity, but I think this would actually increase interest in the board.

Any other opinions?
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »
Are you challenging me?   ;D

Seriously though, if you can prove to me that doing this will in fact drive posters away from this board, I'll let the idea go through to the 'keeper.

I can't be sure, so far I've had more support than negativity, but I think this would actually increase interest in the board.

Any other opinions?

No, I am not challenging you and I am not sure it would drive anyone away, I just don't see many new members acclimating to a "vault" type atmosphere. You guys know each other a little bit, but new members of Getbig would feel uncomfortable being called out to write an essay imo. That being said, as a reader of this forum I do think it would be interesting to read the submissions, but someone has to think about forum growth and I am not sure you have whats best for the boards future in mind.
E

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 06:22:29 PM »
No, I am not challenging you and I am not sure it would drive anyone away, I just don't see many new members acclimating to a "vault" type atmosphere. You guys know each other a little bit, but new members of Getbig would feel uncomfortable being called out to write an essay imo. That being said, as a reader of this forum I do think it would be interesting to read the submissions, but someone has to think about forum growth and I am not sure you have whats best for the boards future in mind.

I think I do, otherwise I would have just PM'd Berserker (assuming I could right now) and asked him to incorporate it.

Instead I threw it out here so you and I could debate its benefits or lack thereof.

Ah, sweet democracy.
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 06:25:26 PM »
I think I do, otherwise I would have just PM'd Berserker (assuming I could right now) and asked him to incorporate it.

Instead I threw it out here so you and I could debate its benefits or lack thereof.

Ah, sweet democracy.

How about an essay on why it is a good idea for the forum as a whole?
E

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 06:27:52 PM »
How about an essay on why it is a good idea for the forum as a whole?

I wouldn't be sure that it is, Danielson - that's the purpose of this thread.
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 06:33:11 PM »
I wouldn't be sure that it is, Danielson - that's the purpose of this thread.

Nothing says it has to be official Bruce. No one can stop any 2 people from writing essays. It's just that you wannabe pundits are so opinionated that I think you guys would get out of hand trying to get people to write essays all the time.
E

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 06:40:06 PM »
Nothing says it has to be official Bruce. No one can stop any 2 people from writing essays. It's just that you wannabe pundits are so opinionated that I think you guys would get out of hand trying to get people to write essays all the time.

Place a little more faith in the Moderators here to do that for you, or demand they be replaced.

You're right, no one can stop us writing essays, but if you read my initial post (again) you'll see that I'd like to make it a little more formal, and for it to work I need some Mod assistance (as Berserker is kindly giving me).  If you're suggesting that any given member here will be too pedantic about forcing people to write essays, then I agree they should not be allowed to.  It has to be a two-way agreement, and I totally understand that it's not for everyone.

And as for me being opinionated, what did you expect to find here?  People standing in circles holding hands whilst chanting quietly about the benefits of multicultural societies and frothy de-caf soya mocha lattes?

Maybe it's just you that isn't cut out for this board.
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 06:44:45 PM »
Place a little more faith in the Moderators here to do that for you, or demand they be replaced.

You're right, no one can stop us writing essays, but if you read my initial post (again) you'll see that I'd like to make it a little more formal, and for it to work I need some Mod assistance (as Berserker is kindly giving me).  If you're suggesting that any given member here will be too pedantic about forcing people to write essays, then I agree they should not be allowed to.  It has to be a two-way agreement, and I totally understand that it's not for everyone.

And as for me being opinionated, what did you expect to find here?  People standing in circles holding hands whilst chanting quietly about the benefits of multicultural societies and frothy de-caf soya mocha lattes?

Maybe it's just you that isn't cut out for this board.

I would never ask for a mod to be replaced, they seem to be doing fine anyway, and I said everyone here is opinionated, not just you. If you think its a good idea, then knock yourself out, but don't say I didn't warn you ;). And stop taking everything so personal.
E

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 06:50:01 PM »
I would never ask for a mod to be replaced, they seem to be doing fine anyway, and I said everyone here is opinionated, not just you. If you think its a good idea, then knock yourself out, but don't say I didn't warn you ;). And stop taking everything so personal.

I take your 'warning' as seriously as I take everyone else here that said it's a good idea.  You're in the minority in case you didn't notice.

you wannabe pundits are so opinionated that I think you guys would get out of hand trying to get people to write essays all the time.

The last part of that made me laugh, thanks for the heads-up, junior.  I won't take it personally next time, I promise, okay?
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2007, 06:55:21 PM »
I take your 'warning' as seriously as I take everyone else here that said it's a good idea.  You're in the minority in case you didn't notice.

You are frighteningly obtuse Bruce. I am in the minority because you guys have already alienated the casual poster to a certain degree. Do you think this is a good turnout for a vote? Only a few regulars even voted at all. Stop making this place all about you, okay :-*
E

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2007, 07:07:41 PM »
You are frighteningly obtuse Bruce. I am in the minority because you guys have already alienated the casual poster to a certain degree.

Oh, okay.  You'll be able to prove that I've 'alienated' this 'casual poster' as you call him.  Or not.

Do you think this is a good turnout for a vote?

Perhaps no-one is that fussed if I do it or not - I suspect that is the case.  Again, you're in the minority on this thread, but I'm sure that's all just because of my dasterdly plot to 'alienate' the 'casual poster' - as if you're some sort of spokesman for the typical Getbigger.  How about you just accept that the democratic process here has left you as the only member trolling me on this.

Only a few regulars even voted at all.

As opposed to the 'casual voter', who realised the 'regulars' were running shop here, and 'casually' decided to be 'alienated', right?

Stop making this place all about you, okay :-*

You post a dozen or so times about me in the space of a couple of hours, but I'm making it 'all about me'?

All this, on top of you accusing:

As far as your comment about "the regulars", perhaps you could get more traffic by not distinguishing between "us" and "you" so often and making more Getbiggers feel at home?

Sigh.  Can I have my thread back now?
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 07:12:26 PM »
Oh, okay.  You'll be able to prove that I've 'alienated' this 'casual poster' as you call him.  Or not.

Perhaps no-one is that fussed if I do it or not - I suspect that is the case.  Again, you're in the minority on this thread, but I'm sure that's all just because of my dasterdly plot to 'alienate' the 'casual poster' - as if you're some sort of spokesman for the typical Getbigger.  How about you just accept that the democratic process here has left you as the only member trolling me on this.

As opposed to the 'casual voter', who realised the 'regulars' were running shop here, and 'casually' decided to be 'alienated', right?

You post a dozen or so times about me in the space of a couple of hours, but I'm making it 'all about me'?

All this, on top of you accusing:

Sigh.  Can I have my thread back now?

I am not posting about you Bruce. I am posting about your idea. Stop being so sensitive.
E

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2007, 07:18:21 PM »
I am not posting about you Bruce. I am posting about your idea. Stop being so sensitive.

Oh, okay then.

Nothing says it has to be official Bruce... you wannabe pundits are so opinionated that I think you guys would get out of hand trying to get people to write essays all the time.

You're not very good at this, are you?
Thread Killer

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2007, 07:25:04 PM »

Here is one person you have alienated. I agree with Bench wholeheartedly btw. :)
because they are biased and completely clueless when it come to politics and how they work

bench

You're not very good at this, are you?

I didn't say I was good, did I? I just find your idea and to a lesser extent you to be annoying.
E

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2007, 07:30:11 PM »
I don't know who that is, and you didn't post the context of their message.  For all I know he's talking about you, anyway.

Oh, and thanks for clearing this one up for me:

I am not posting about you Bruce.... Stop being so sensitive.

I just find....you to be annoying.

If you can't even convince yourself of your arguments, what hope do you have of changing anyone's mind here?  I guess this is why you've spent your time here quarelling over this, rather than debating anything meaningful on the board.
Thread Killer

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2007, 07:31:48 PM »
Here is Benchmstr saying this bruce http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=127783.0
Squishy face retard

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »

If you can't even convince yourself of your arguments, what hope do you have of changing anyone's mind here?

::)

btw, you weren't annoying until you failed to realize how bad your idea was ;)
E