Author Topic: Limbaugh: Obama Should ‘Renounce’ His Race And Just ‘Become White’  (Read 6398 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Beat Mr. I-One to this one.   :D

Limbaugh: Obama Should ‘Renounce’ His Race And Just ‘Become White’

Yesterday on his radio show, right-wing host Rush Limbaugh derided Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) — who is biracial — for saying, “If you look African-American in this society, you’re treated as an African-American.”

Limbaugh claimed that this statement meant Obama didn’t want to be black and should “renounce it”: “If it’s not something you want to be, if you didn’t decide it, renounce it, become white!” He added, “If you don’t like it, you can switch. Well, that’s the way I see it. He’s got 50-50 in there. Say, ‘No, I’m white.’” Listen here:

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO LIMBAUGH

The right wing has repeatedly thrown baseless racial slurs at Obama. Earlier in the week, right-wing radio host Glenn Beck said that Obama “is colorless,” and that “as a white guy…[y]ou don’t notice that he is black. So he might as well be white, you know what I mean?”

(HT: Too Sense)

Digg It!

Transcript:

LIMBAUGH: Steve Kroft said, “Your mother was white; your father was African. You were raised in a white household. Yet at some point you decided you were black.”

[OBAMA CLIP]: I’m not sure I decided it. Uh, I think, uh, you know, if you — if you look African-American in this society, you’re treated as an African-American, uh, and, uh, when you’re a child in particular, uh, that is how you begin to identify yourself.

RUSH: So are we to conclude here that he didn’t define himself as black, that the way he looks does? (Sigh.) Okay. We’ve got Obama’s wife in here. We’ve got John Howard from Australia coming up, but, “I’m not sure I decided it”? Well, if you didn’t decide it, then how did it happen?

Well, when you look like that, that’s what you are.

Well, renounce it, then! If it’s not something you want to be, if you didn’t decide it, renounce it, become white!

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay, back to our Barack Obama Audio Sound Bite Marathon. What are we up to now? Let’s see. Oh, yeah. Obama just said he wasn’t sure that he decided he was black, that if you look African-American in this society, you’re treated as an African-American, and when you’re a child in particular that’s how you begin to identify yourself. If you don’t like it, you can switch. Well, that’s the way I see it. He’s got 50-50 in there. Say, “No, I’m white.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/14/limbaugh-obama-white/

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Limbaugh: Obama Should ‘Renounce’ His Race And Just ‘Become White’
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:35:05 AM »
All Limbaugh is doing, is giving leverage to some color-less (pun intended) politican.

It only adds up to the Obama hype.

The guy don't run a real platform, yet is a fcuking media darling. I hate when shyte like that happens.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:05:33 AM »
All Limbaugh is doing, is giving leverage to some color-less (pun intended) politican.

It only adds up to the Obama hype.

The guy don't run a real platform, yet is a fcuking media darling. I hate when shyte like that happens.

-Hedge

It's still a little early.  I'm not sure when the Iowa caucus and New Hampshire primaries are, but he'll have to come up with a platform before then.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 09:14:53 AM »
Beat Mr. I-One to this one.   :D

Yesterday on his radio show, right-wing host Rush Limbaugh derided Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) — who is biracial — for saying, “If you look African-American in this society, you’re treated as an African-American.”

Limbaugh claimed that this statement meant Obama didn’t want to be black and should “renounce it”: “If it’s not something you want to be, if you didn’t decide it, renounce it, become white!” He added, “If you don’t like it, you can switch. Well, that’s the way I see it. He’s got 50-50 in there. Say, ‘No, I’m white.’” Listen here:

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO LIMBAUGH

The right wing has repeatedly thrown baseless racial slurs at Obama. Earlier in the week, right-wing radio host Glenn Beck said that Obama “is colorless,” and that “as a white guy…[y]ou don’t notice that he is black. So he might as well be white, you know what I mean?”

(HT: Too Sense)

Digg It!

Transcript:

LIMBAUGH: Steve Kroft said, “Your mother was white; your father was African. You were raised in a white household. Yet at some point you decided you were black.”

[OBAMA CLIP]: I’m not sure I decided it. Uh, I think, uh, you know, if you — if you look African-American in this society, you’re treated as an African-American, uh, and, uh, when you’re a child in particular, uh, that is how you begin to identify yourself.

RUSH: So are we to conclude here that he didn’t define himself as black, that the way he looks does? (Sigh.) Okay. We’ve got Obama’s wife in here. We’ve got John Howard from Australia coming up, but, “I’m not sure I decided it”? Well, if you didn’t decide it, then how did it happen?

Well, when you look like that, that’s what you are.

Well, renounce it, then! If it’s not something you want to be, if you didn’t decide it, renounce it, become white!

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay, back to our Barack Obama Audio Sound Bite Marathon. What are we up to now? Let’s see. Oh, yeah. Obama just said he wasn’t sure that he decided he was black, that if you look African-American in this society, you’re treated as an African-American, and when you’re a child in particular that’s how you begin to identify yourself. If you don’t like it, you can switch. Well, that’s the way I see it. He’s got 50-50 in there. Say, “No, I’m white.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/14/limbaugh-obama-white/

LMAO......and again, RUSH IS RIGHT!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 09:22:50 AM »
LMAO......and again, RUSH IS RIGHT!

Rush is continuing to marginalize himself as a guy who will defend things he doesn't believe in.  And he continues to reveal he has a real problem with Obama's skin color.  You can argue whether Statement A, B, C is inherently racist.  But he spends months talking about his skin color - it's clearly a problem for him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 09:24:21 AM »

I'm betting at the next Washington DC or RNC event, politicians and "anyone who matters" will do everything possible to avoid being seen with Rush.  He's an embarassing, drug abusing racist.  Nobody wants to be associated with people like that.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 09:27:38 AM »

Plus, he's fat and stupid.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 09:30:24 AM »
Rush is continuing to marginalize himself as a guy who will defend things he doesn't believe in.  And he continues to reveal he has a real problem with Obama's skin color.  You can argue whether Statement A, B, C is inherently racist.  But he spends months talking about his skin color - it's clearly a problem for him.

.........but he's still right!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 09:39:42 AM »
.........but he's still right!

I would never say that another man should renounce his race. 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 09:44:09 AM »
Limbaugh should renounce his identification with the human race.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 09:51:24 AM »
I would never say that another man should renounce his race. 

.......then why doesn't he say he's white?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 10:00:52 AM »

It's none of our damn business, really.  And it's irrelevant to the job he'll do as president.

Discussing it is a diversionary tactic from real issues that affect us.  Man, woman, white black - none of that affects us.  But his stance on health care, war, etc DOES affect us.  I think we all know that it would NOT benefit Rush to compare stances on issues, so we're playing word games.

Aside from the fact it's bad social behavior to talk about another man's race, it's a tactic to avoid issues.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 10:01:22 AM »

Probably because society says he is "black."

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 10:02:50 AM »

He's a human being. He doesn't owe a statement of allegiance to any of your predefined concepts of "race".

I'd lecture you about addressing his positions instead of his melanin count... but he doesn't seem to have any.  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 10:05:17 AM »
He's a human being. He doesn't owe a statement of allegiance to any of your predefined concepts of "race".

I'd lecture you about addressing his positions instead of his melanin count... but he doesn't seem to have any:)

Ding!  Correct.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 10:08:43 AM »
He had an interesting position on the Iraq war in 2002.  The right one.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 10:20:43 AM »
It's none of our damn business, really.  And it's irrelevant to the job he'll do as president.

Discussing it is a diversionary tactic from real issues that affect us.  Man, woman, white black - none of that affects us.  But his stance on health care, war, etc DOES affect us.  I think we all know that it would NOT benefit Rush to compare stances on issues, so we're playing word games.

Aside from the fact it's bad social behavior to talk about another man's race, it's a tactic to avoid issues.

Personally I could care less, but when it comes down to nomination time, then it will make a difference and I would go as far to say he's playing the race card!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 10:43:27 AM »
Personally I could care less, but when it comes down to nomination time, then it will make a difference and I would go as far to say he's playing the race card!

You wouldn't vote for a man who was half-black?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 10:46:12 AM »

a racist optimist would call Osama  "Half white"

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 10:46:19 AM »

Fully half the country won't vote for anyone darker than Mitt Romney. That's just the way it is.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 11:01:24 AM »
Why do people feel he takes no stance on issues? He seems to be very transparent and dynamic, which i guess attracts people.  He's taken a pro position with regard to strengthening national security and getting the ball rolling on universal health care.  He's been pretty clear on his positions concerning Hamas and the potentiality of war in Iran.  What's wishy-washy about him?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 11:13:52 AM »
He's taken a pro position with regard to strengthening national security

That's certainly a brave and principled stand in opposition to all the other candidates who are doing the popular thing of clamoring for weaker national security.  :)

At this point, the sitting regime's relentless push towards totalitarianism is far and away the gravest threat to the nation. Iran, North Korea, Al Qaeda, and bird flu combined don't even come close. Universal health care won't do you any good if you're being tortured in a secret CIA prison somewhere.  So until Obama openly calls for the impeachment of both Bush and Cheney, his particular flavor of politics-as-usual is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Fu#k that shit.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 11:24:16 AM »
It's still a little early.  I'm not sure when the Iowa caucus and New Hampshire primaries are

Not for another year.  To say it's early is an understatement, yet the media has this thing all but wraped up... "McCain will beat Hillary 51%-49%, with a 0.0000000000923% margin of error.  Next!"   ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 11:28:33 AM »
Fully half the country won't vote for anyone darker than Mitt Romney. That's just the way it is.

I would be very reluctant to vote for a black Democrat, since he would be likely to buy into the whole "NAACP/Affirmitive Action/Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton" bullshit.

A black Republican I'd have no problem with.  In fact, had Colin Powell run, I probably would have voted for him.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
Why do people feel he takes no stance on issues? He seems to be very transparent and dynamic, which i guess attracts people.  He's taken a pro position with regard to strengthening national security and getting the ball rolling on universal health care.  He's been pretty clear on his positions concerning Hamas and the potentiality of war in Iran.  What's wishy-washy about him?

I wouldn't call him wishy-washy, but just an unknown.  For example, I don't know where he stands on these issues:

- His specific plan for the war in Iraq if he becomes Commander in Chief
- Taxes
- Death Penalty
- Crime and Law Enforcement
- Abortion
- Homosexual Marriage
- His plan/ideas for balancing the budget

He has to come down on one side of the fence or the other on these and many other issues.  His inflated popularity will come back down to earth as soon he takes firm positions.