Author Topic: Limbaugh: Obama Should ‘Renounce’ His Race And Just ‘Become White’  (Read 6364 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: Limbaugh: Obama Should ‘Renounce’ His Race And Just ‘Become White’
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2007, 03:38:51 PM »
Obama was absolutely right about the Iraq war.
Bush was absolutely wrong.

That's gotta fukkin' smart, eh? ;)

So will you vote for Obama?  What if your alleged evil US plot comes off, and we steal billions of gallons of cheap oil?
Thread Killer

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2007, 03:38:58 PM »
What is your point Limbaugh? Do you even have one?

The most educational thing I ever learned in college was a bitter comment by a Latina who was a fellow student: "There are only two races in this country: Whites and Everyone Else."

Limbaugh's point is that Obama is not White. As such, his striving for political power is an infinitely threatening attack on the white privilege that is the foundation of the Republican's entire world-view.

So Limbaugh's bleating here is a coded way of saying that Obama isn't playing fair if he won't acknowledge that he's an uppity ni@@er.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2007, 03:48:30 PM »
Anne Heche is absolutely the exception to the rule...

Scientific studies have shown that a Gay male's brain functions like a straight females, and a lesbian female's functions like a straight male.

I disagree completely that it is all about "choice".

I don't think Heche is the exception.  I've heard of lots of people who have done this.  Then there are the "bisexuals."  This stuff isn't genetic.  There is no homosexual gene or bisexual gene.  People have been trying for years to prove this, but it hasn't happened.  I don't think it ever will.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2007, 03:49:17 PM »
The most educational thing I ever learned in college was a bitter comment by a Latina who was a fellow student: "There are only two races in this country: Whites and Everyone Else."

Limbaugh's point is that Obama is not White. As such, his striving for political power is an infinitely threatening attack on the white privilege that is the foundation of the Republican's entire world-view.

So Limbaugh's bleating here is a coded way of saying that Obama isn't playing fair if he won't acknowledge that he's an uppity ni@@er.

I can agree with everything you said there.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »
I don't think Heche is the exception.  I've heard of lots of people who have done this.  Then there are the "bisexuals."  This stuff isn't genetic.  There is no homosexual gene or bisexual gene.  People have been trying for years to prove this, but it hasn't happened.  I don't think it ever will.   

There are studies showing brain wave patterns hetero and homosexual people... they tell a story against the "choice" you are speaking of.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2007, 03:51:01 PM »
I can agree with everything you said there.

Do you feel you would have had a higher standard of life if you were not half-black?

Perhaps some members here need to spend a few weeks in Saudi Arabia to find out what it feels like to really live in a society where bigots and racists are rampant.
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »

Actually, society says Obama is black.  Doesn't matter what political party they belong too.  I know lots of half black/half something else people and kids.  They are always deemed "black" by society.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2007, 03:53:55 PM »
There are studies showing brain wave patterns hetero and homosexual people... they tell a story against the "choice" you are speaking of.

I've never read those studies, but I am certain that if there were scientific proof that person was born homosexual or bisexual it would be all over the news and used in the many legislative battles over this issue. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2007, 03:54:49 PM »
Actually, society says Obama is black.  Doesn't matter what political party they belong too.  I know lots of half black/half something else people and kids.  They are always deemed "black" by society.  

You mean to say, some racists are not white?  I refuse to believe it!
Thread Killer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2007, 03:55:41 PM »
I've never read those studies, but I am certain that if there were scientific proof that person was born homosexual or bisexual it would be all over the news and used in the many legislative battles over this issue. 

They have been... I first saw it on like NBC or CBS or something and the studies are still available for people to look at.

There are tons of studies discussing global warming, but that's still just a "theory" too it seems.

People believe what they want to believe, not what they can prove to be true... However, this is way off topic... I digress.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2007, 03:58:58 PM »
You mean to say, some racists are not white?  I refuse to believe it!

Stop the presses.  It's true.   :) 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2007, 04:00:40 PM »
They have been... I first saw it on like NBC or CBS or something and the studies are still available for people to look at.

There are tons of studies discussing global warming, but that's still just a "theory" too it seems.

People believe what they want to believe, not what they can prove to be true... However, this is way off topic... I digress.

I agree that people believe what they want, facts/evidence or no.  That's why we have bigots.   

Why do you think people like Heche are the exception?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2007, 04:28:45 PM »
I agree that people believe what they want, facts/evidence or no.  That's why we have bigots.   

Why do you think people like Heche are the exception?

I know quite a few gay and lesbians (which seems odd to seperate them as I thought Lesbians were gay) but anyway...

None of them have switched back and forth... They may have at one time switched, but I've never known too many to switch back... I do think it's interesting to take celebrities and use them as our talking point when I think we can all agree that celebrities do not do things because they believe in them all of the time, but often do them because they create attention.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2007, 04:43:39 PM »
I know quite a few gay and lesbians (which seems odd to seperate them as I thought Lesbians were gay) but anyway...

None of them have switched back and forth... They may have at one time switched, but I've never known too many to switch back... I do think it's interesting to take celebrities and use them as our talking point when I think we can all agree that celebrities do not do things because they believe in them all of the time, but often do them because they create attention.

I know a few homosexuals who started late in life.  Either had a boyfriend/girlfriend of the opposite sex, got married, and it wasn't till later that the door started swinging both ways.  I guess neither one of our anecdotal experiences constitutes empirical proof of anything, but I have heard of numerous people who have left the lifestyle. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2007, 04:50:02 PM »
I know a few homosexuals who started late in life.  Either had a boyfriend/girlfriend of the opposite sex, got married, and it wasn't till later that the door started swinging both ways.  I guess neither one of our anecdotal experiences constitutes empirical proof of anything, but I have heard of numerous people who have left the lifestyle. 

I would wonder if they left the lifestyle because they didn't feel the "attraction" so to speak any longer or because of the pressure or society.

I doubt we will ever know.