Author Topic: A Closer Look at Danny Padilla the Giant Killer!!!  (Read 30823 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: A Closer Look at Danny Padilla the Giant Killer!!!
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2007, 02:35:09 PM »
Yes Danny loves squating. He always talks about squating "in the hole" meaning deep. He can get away with is without ever over-developing his butt or hips. 
Thanks, Max.
!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2007, 02:54:47 PM »
If that's true than why in the Flex article did Danny say it was something he'd never done before (the 60 grams protein) and that he was actually a little scared doing it?

Look, I'm not saying you don't know Danny P, but stuff you're saying doesn't jive with what's come out of his own mouth. Plus, anyone can anonymously log on to a web forum and claim they know "Bob."

So are donrhummy and whitewidow the same person?

Look people asked about Danny. I've known him for years... Bob as well... all one has to do is go to back issues of IRONMAN and find the interviews I did on both of them under my real name David Young (this is no secret on the board). If you really know Danny or Bob ask either of them who I am.

Again I NEVER said Danny ate large amounts of food or 300 grams of protein but that 60 was low even for him. Anyone who knows Danny also knows his off-season diet was terrible at least according to what he said.

If what I’m saying doesn’t jive with what’s come out of Danny’s own mouth, then I guess what he told you is different than he told me and also what I saw him doing.

In 30 years of talking to Danny about drugs, he ALWAYS talked about dbol and decca and NEVER talked about halo or test but hey maybe he talked to you about those things and no-one else that I know and I know three of his closest friends (Larry B, Doug B. and Rick B… hmmm I never though about that, they all have the same last initial) and have shared many meals with them (Counrty buffet, West Ridge Road).  

I'm pretty certain that I know his dosages since I traveled to NY with him and got to see what he lead out for a daily consumption of orals and he talked his indictable with me. I can guarantee you that it is much, much, much lower than Pro's today and even lower than most of the guys in the 70's and 80's. Were the dosages clinical (anti-aging dosage is generally about 200 mg a week)? No it was higher than that.

You are correct about one thing ANYONE can come on the Internet and claim to know Danny or Bob. I've proven myself up. Now it's YOUR turn but don’t fret if you can’t this topic has gotten off course because it was supposed to be about Danny and I’d rather it got back on-track.    
and keep moving!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
Is it true he did a lot of cocaine precontest? The 5-7 hours of cardio per day sounds insane.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2007, 03:28:34 PM »

Whoah, Max Rep you completely misread my post. I was responding TO whitewidow. I believe that you know Danny (I've read your articles). I was questioning Whitewidow. (plus if you read my post, you'll see I was quoting a whitewidow post AND I said Danny was "scared" of doing such low protein levels which implies YOU are right that he'd never done it before.)

That was weird.  ???

And we are NOT the same person.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »
Max_rep,

When you wrote your name was David Young, that definitely rang a bell. I read about you will at RIT. I can't remember if it was in the D&C or an RIT publication. If I recall correctly, you were one big dude!

whitewidow

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2007, 04:27:14 PM »
If that's true than why in the Flex article did Danny say it was something he'd never done before (the 60 grams protein) and that he was actually a little scared doing it?

Look, I'm not saying you don't know Danny P, but stuff you're saying doesn't jive with what's come out of his own mouth. Plus, anyone can anonymously log on to a web forum and claim they know "Bob."

It was for the magazine- danny was always a lite eater. he maybe cutt of an extra 10grams a day from his usual precontest prep for the 81 olympia. It wasnt like he was used to eating 300grams daily precontest and dropping down to 60 that would be totally diffrent. fact is he always ate light protein pre-contest.

whitewidow

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2007, 04:28:44 PM »
::)

Its true man. talk to danny he will tell you he almost died a few years a go from heart attack. hes not in as good of shape as you think.

whitewidow

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2007, 04:31:44 PM »

Look people asked about Danny. I've known him for years... Bob as well... all one has to do is go to back issues of IRONMAN and find the interviews I did on both of them under my real name David Young (this is no secret on the board). If you really know Danny or Bob ask either of them who I am.

Again I NEVER said Danny ate large amounts of food or 300 grams of protein but that 60 was low even for him. Anyone who knows Danny also knows his off-season diet was terrible at least according to what he said.

If what I’m saying doesn’t jive with what’s come out of Danny’s own mouth, then I guess what he told you is different than he told me and also what I saw him doing.

In 30 years of talking to Danny about drugs, he ALWAYS talked about dbol and decca and NEVER talked about halo or test but hey maybe he talked to you about those things and no-one else that I know and I know three of his closest friends (Larry B, Doug B. and Rick B… hmmm I never though about that, they all have the same last initial) and have shared many meals with them (Counrty buffet, West Ridge Road). 

I'm pretty certain that I know his dosages since I traveled to NY with him and got to see what he lead out for a daily consumption of orals and he talked his indictable with me. I can guarantee you that it is much, much, much lower than Pro's today and even lower than most of the guys in the 70's and 80's. Were the dosages clinical (anti-aging dosage is generally about 200 mg a week)? No it was higher than that.

You are correct about one thing ANYONE can come on the Internet and claim to know Danny or Bob. I've proven myself up. Now it's YOUR turn but don’t fret if you can’t this topic has gotten off course because it was supposed to be about Danny and I’d rather it got back on-track.   

Danny used roughly 500-750mg Test cyp weekly, 400mg deca weekly and roughly 40-60mg dbol daily. halotestin as show got closer. not sure how many mgs but he ate alot of those fckers. i belive they were only 2.5mg tabs back then so you had to eat alot of them.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2007, 06:54:13 PM »
Its true man. talk to danny he will tell you he almost died a few years a go from heart attack. hes not in as good of shape as you think.

He had open heart surgery about 4 years ago, I had mine 5 years ago. If you actually knew Danny and knew waht you were talking about, you would have known that. I've given some hints (places we or our freinds ate) but you've offered no proof that your just talking out of your ass.

Having a heart attack or heart surgery doesn't mean your future is bleak or you're in bad shape. Today I'm 52... training, walking blood work is perfect, doctors can't figure out how I was ever a candidate other than family history. I'm squating 315 for 10 (low) t-bars with 5 plates plus. And running guys half my age into the ground in the gym. Not world record power but respectable for an old guy who's had heart surgery.

Quoting supposed dosages for Danny shows nothing but the ability to type. I'd say your accurate on the decca. Close on the low end with the dbol. Again the test and holo I question but maybe you supplied him. That's how you know?   

Hypertrophy... yes you did read about me. I'll pm you.

donrhummy... thank you. 
and keep moving!

whitewidow

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »
Ok enough with the he say/she say BS. Fact is Danny was the one of the best bopdybuilders ever. Danny actually had alot of love for the sport at a very young age unlike many of todays competitors. Danny also had some insane genetics - the guy looked great even at young age of 13 and 14. he was also underrated and got jacked more than once includintg at least 1 mr.O trophy. his drug usage was moderate and so was his diet.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2007, 11:18:04 PM »
Fact is Danny was the one of the best bopdybuilders ever. Danny actually had alot of love for the sport at a very young age unlike many of todays competitors. Danny also had some insane genetics - the guy looked great even at young age of 13 and 14. he was also underrated and got jacked more than once includintg at least 1 mr.O trophy.

Now THIS we agree on. Plus Danny's just on of the guys that you want to see do well. 
and keep moving!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2007, 05:05:14 AM »
You know what else danny did that was amazing? In his comeback in the 90's he looked fantastic. How many guys who come back look like shit like Ferrigno. Danny had no GH gut or bloat. Just muscle.
The House that Ruth built

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2007, 05:23:29 AM »
cool thread.  Pics are awsome all the way through.  Danny is just incrdible.  I wonder if anyone has pics of the first NOC where Robby and Danny were 1 and 2.  If I remember right, they had to pose down againts each other like 3 times before the judges could make up thier minds.  I'd love to see those.

I've got a shitty copy of the 86 pro world on tape from ESPN.  Danny is there and dickerson keep saying how danny is capable of so much more at this point and jsut doesn't seem hungry.  I'm looking at it saying this guy is incredible, best calves and arms in the show...just sick and it seems like he wasn't even really trying at that point.  Too bad we never got to see Danny go at it with the premier short guys that were around in 90ish like Labrada and the often forgotten Vince Comerford.

Comerford was like the prototype for Lee Priest, big arms and legs and small waist...did they ever compete againts each other-I know it's off topic.
nasser=piece of shit

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2007, 07:59:11 AM »
You know what else danny did that was amazing? In his comeback in the 90's he looked fantastic. How many guys who come back look like shit like Ferrigno. Danny had no GH gut or bloat. Just muscle.

danny was an amazing bodybuilder. and yes he made a fantastic comeback, but his waist was bigger during the 90s...(he was also heavier) and he did have a slight bloat in a few pics i have seen (+thicker abdominal muscles)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2007, 08:03:37 AM »
I've always said that Padilla along with Robinson are the two top examples of a group of great BBs from the late 70s & early 80s who demonstrated that the contests were fixed.

If Weider had the foresight to realize that letting them win would've made BB more interesting, would've developed better rivalries & would've prevented many of the top guys from either retiring or leaving the IFBB as happened, maybe the contest outcomes would've been fairer.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2007, 08:08:08 AM »
I've always said that Padilla along with Robinson are the two top examples of a group of great BBs from the late 70s & early 80s who demonstrated that the contests were fixed.

If Weider had the foresight to realize that letting them win would've made BB more interesting, would've developed better rivalries & would've prevented many of the top guys from either retiring or leaving the IFBB as happened, maybe the contest outcomes would've been fairer.

agreed both robinson and padilla where amazing bodybuilders. but weider didnt like robinson cuz robby didnt wanna kiss weiders ass....as for padilla, weider wanted to sodomize danny according to jimmy thompson.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2007, 09:17:36 AM »

Gotta agree with you there Pumpster. The problem stems from a conflict of interest with the Weiders. They had a vested interest in who won. The IFBB being a near monopoly still hurts bodybuilding today.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2007, 02:01:17 PM »
agreed both robinson and padilla where amazing bodybuilders. but weider didnt like robinson cuz robby didnt wanna kiss weiders ass....as for padilla, weider wanted to sodomize danny according to jimmy thompson.

Exactly what's wrong-some actually believe the contests are all fair, which is inexplicable considering these examples. Now decades later those guys aren't accorded the respect they deserve because of this crap.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2007, 02:16:33 PM »
Exactly what's wrong-some actually believe the contests are all fair, which is inexplicable considering these examples. Now decades later those guys aren't accorded the respect they deserve because of this crap.

Thing is, you want to believe the contests were fair but obviously something wasn't right with many decisions.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2007, 02:21:10 PM »
thats why competitions arent really important. its all politics and add a whole lot of subjectivity to the mix, and you get a pretty useless measure of who is "best".

use bodybuilding as an egoistic inspiration. coleman doesnt inspire me....more "attainable" physiques inspire me..such as padilla, robinson.