Author Topic: DEA Border Policies Concerning Steroids  (Read 2589 times)

TheSnow6666

• Getbig II
DEA Border Policies Concerning Steroids
« on: February 15, 2007, 08:54:13 PM »
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/csa/956.htm#a

That's the link, read it, learn it.

Here it is:
"Notwithstanding any exemption under paragraph (1), a United States resident who enters the United States through an international land border with a controlled substance (except a substance in schedule I) for which the individual does not possess a valid prescription issued by a practitioner (as defined in section 802 of this title) in accordance with applicable Federal and State law (or documentation that verifies the issuance of such a prescription to that individual) may not import the controlled substance into the United States in an amount that exceeds 50 dosage units of the controlled substance."

Paraphrase:  As long as you declare that you have it, you can bring back 50ml of steroids in a vial, or up to 50 pills as long as it's all in original sealed packaging.  Go read it, read it again, and do so a third time if you want.

I live in Tucson, and I regularly travel to Nogales, Mexico to buy my stuff.  The first time I went, I hid it in my cargo shorts and was searched and fined.  By law, the agents explained to me the policy on bringing back controlled substances from Mexico or any other country.  I went through the turnstyle back into Mexico 1 minute later, bought 5 vials of Test Enthanate, kept them in my hand, declared them when I got to the agent, and was waved on.  I've been doing it for a year now.

There is one class of substances, called Schedule 1, that cannot be brought back, but steroids are not on the list.

I'm sure knowing this board people will say "ok officer" or something like that.  So instead of telling you my personal experiences, go read it straight from the DEA website on the Controlled SUbstances Act, and see for yourself.

But when you see or hear someone say you can do it, they're not lieing.  You simply, as hard as it sounds and as hard as it is to do the first time, show the border agent what you have.
-----------
To answer the next question in your head, yes, steroids are illegal in every state in the country by STATE laws.  You can't be randomly stopped or searched.  But yes, if you got caught with them somehow, it would be illegal to possess them.  It's just not illegal to import them at that quantity.  Go read.

b.c.

• Getbig II
Re: DEA Border Policies Concerning Steroids
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 12:52:59 AM »
Bro stop giving bad advice on these matters.  There is probably some 18 year old thinking they can pull this off.  Also just fairly recently they have changed what they consider 50 units is.  Its about week's worth of gear.  Gear is illegal to possess without a prescription and most of us dont need a dea link to now this. 

TheSnow6666

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 02:04:33 AM »
There has not been a change.  That link is to the most recent DEA Laws.  If you think I somehow counterfited a DEA website, I'll take that as a compliment.

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 08:54:42 AM »
http://www.steroidlaw.com/page.php?pageID=40#35

And the possession law will likely get more tougher as the years go on.  Keep reading your DEA website and enjoy your Organon products.

TheSnow6666

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 10:14:47 PM »
I find the government DEA website, and the actual language of the Controlled SUbstance Act to be more accurate than a private citizen's seteroid law website. 

I have provided you with the actual DEA website link.  Why don't you give me a GOVERNMENT link to back up your opinions?

whitewidow

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 10:22:06 PM »
EVEN IF IT IS OK -THERE IS NO POINT IN DOING THIS WITH ALL THESE UGL'S AND OTHER DOMESTIC SOURCES.

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 10:35:57 PM »
EVEN IF IT IS OK -THERE IS NO POINT IN DOING THIS WITH ALL THESE UGL'S AND OTHER DOMESTIC SOURCES.

Hey widow the DEA website says we can import anabolics...   Just do it.  Where do these cats come from.  Have fun at the border bro.  I cant argue with you anymore, its pointless.

whitewidow

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 12:48:02 AM »
Hey widow the DEA website says we can import anabolics...   Just do it.  Where do these cats come from.  Have fun at the border bro.  I cant argue with you anymore, its pointless.

OK im in- peer pressure a muthafcka.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 09:48:42 AM »
White, you not close enough to the border to be making trips like that. . .  ;D
U

w_llewellyn

• Getbig II
  • X-Factor
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 10:23:39 AM »
Both sides are correct.

The law has recently changed in regards to what is considered 50 dosage units. Rick Collins fought hard to stop that, and successed for a while at least to slow it down, but it has been decided and yes, it is much stricter now.

The original poster is correct in that customs will allow you to pass with less than 50 units of a non-CI controlled substance. However, once you leave the border you are on your own. If someone stops you and finds it, you will be arrested. The law only concerns immigration and customs not detaining people for small amounts of these drugs, likely in case a citizen received something like pain or sleep medicine while traveling without knowing what it was. It is meant to avoid unnecessary prosecutions for minor and often unintential violations of the law, not to allow people to cross the border to get their gear legally. You are still taking a risk.

X-Factor: Most Potent Natural Anabolic

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 12:51:58 PM »
Both sides are correct.

The law has recently changed in regards to what is considered 50 dosage units. Rick Collins fought hard to stop that, and successed for a while at least to slow it down, but it has been decided and yes, it is much stricter now.

The original poster is correct in that customs will allow you to pass with less than 50 units of a non-CI controlled substance. However, once you leave the border you are on your own. If someone stops you and finds it, you will be arrested. The law only concerns immigration and customs not detaining people for small amounts of these drugs, likely in case a citizen received something like pain or sleep medicine while traveling without knowing what it was. It is meant to avoid unnecessary prosecutions for minor and often unintential violations of the law, not to allow people to cross the border to get their gear legally. You are still taking a risk.

Even though the 50 Units are legal through customs, it really depends on the laws governing the state, county and city jurisdictions you are traveling through on your way home.

There is a case in Texas of a woman bringing back the legal amount of pain pills, then being charged with possession with intent by the state because the local law took presidence over the Federal law.

It's really a crapshoot trying to bring anything back legally......and if you're stopped and it's found, you might be in for more than you bargained for.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

whitewidow

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 11:50:19 PM »
White, you not close enough to the border to be making trips like that. . .  ;D

I was kidding. I would have no reason to smuggle roids through mex.everything in the mex pharmacys like stallion labs and all the clen and other shit I can get all that very easily in the states. europe is a diffrent story that id risk. you can find some of the best shit for super cheap.

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 08:18:58 AM »

That's the link, read it, learn it.

Here it is:
"Notwithstanding any exemption under paragraph (1), a United States resident who enters the United States through an international land border with a controlled substance (except a substance in schedule I) for which the individual does not possess a valid prescription issued by a practitioner (as defined in section 802 of this title) in accordance with applicable Federal and State law (or documentation that verifies the issuance of such a prescription to that individual) may not import the controlled substance into the United States in an amount that exceeds 50 dosage units of the controlled substance."

Paraphrase:  As long as you declare that you have it, you can bring back 50ml of steroids in a vial, or up to 50 pills as long as it's all in original sealed packaging.  Go read it, read it again, and do so a third time if you want.

I live in Tucson, and I regularly travel to Nogales, Mexico to buy my stuff.  The first time I went, I hid it in my cargo shorts and was searched and fined.  By law, the agents explained to me the policy on bringing back controlled substances from Mexico or any other country.  I went through the turnstyle back into Mexico 1 minute later, bought 5 vials of Test Enthanate, kept them in my hand, declared them when I got to the agent, and was waved on.  I've been doing it for a year now.

There is one class of substances, called Schedule 1, that cannot be brought back, but steroids are not on the list.

I'm sure knowing this board people will say "ok officer" or something like that.  So instead of telling you my personal experiences, go read it straight from the DEA website on the Controlled SUbstances Act, and see for yourself.

But when you see or hear someone say you can do it, they're not lieing.  You simply, as hard as it sounds and as hard as it is to do the first time, show the border agent what you have.
-----------
To answer the next question in your head, yes, steroids are illegal in every state in the country by STATE laws.  You can't be randomly stopped or searched.  But yes, if you got caught with them somehow, it would be illegal to possess them.  It's just not illegal to import them at that quantity.  Go read.

THANK YOU MY NUGGA! THIS IS WANT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY FOR THE LAST YEAR ON THIS BOARD!

It's not like when you get through customs state troops or police are waiting for you once you pass. So many people are bringing controlled substances back that state authorites can't in no way search everyone even if people had to pass through some to of state check.
Don't let em fool ya

GetBigorDie33

• Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 03:23:36 PM »
ALL I KNOW IS THAT 5 YEARS AGO I WAS ARRESTED IN LEXINGTON, KY BY THE DEA AND THEY DID NOT FUCK AROUND. I WAS CHARGED WITH CONSPIRACY TO PURCHASE AS WITH THE INTENT TO DISTRIBUTE. THIS PRETTY MUCH RUINED MY FUCKING LIFE FOR AWHILE. ATTORNEY FEES $ 7500.00 MY CAR SEIZED ALL THE MONEY I HAD ON ME GONE $ 1,800.00, $ 5000.00 FINE. AT FIRST IT WAS  4 FELONIES MY ATTORNEY GOT IT DOWN TO 2 MISDEMEANORS AND 2 YEARS PROBATION AND 2 YEARS SUSPENDED SENTANCE. I WOULD NEVER TRY THAT SHIT.

Trev.D

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 04:08:05 PM »
lol you guys go ahead and get strip searched lol..i live 2 mins from the washington boarder..even if you were allowed to bring this amount across they'd prob hold ya there til the town cops came.like what happend to me..so who ever does it report back on here...

TheSnow6666

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 02:39:18 PM »
I started this post, and haven't looked at it in a while.  Yes, state laws don't allow steroids for any reason.  But regardless of myth, cops do need a reason to search a person or a car.  You don't get "strip searched" as someone suggested.  Border guards don't "hold" you unless your doing something illegal.  There's thousands of people passing over it non stop, the 5 person crews that handle walkers (out of the car) people, don't have time to wait for anyone to come get you bro.  If you declare, and you have what you say you do (sealed packaging), you'll be through in 10 seconds.

Yes it's not necessary, I get mine from domestic sources most all of the time.  Only time I go to Mexico is when I need something ASAP.  For instance because of exact dosing, i was a short on the end of a cycle and went and got a vial of Test and a vial of Winstrol and had it within the hour.

But laws are laws, and you can take them over the border.  State laws don't have anything to do with that

Carlito1980

• Getbig I
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 01:02:57 PM »
I have a friend who lives close to the border,he told me he found Test E for $25 10ml/200mgs per ml.And Deca around the same price.The place requires he pay them half first then the other half when the "groceries"are there.He is planning to go pretty soon.I told him its a big risk,I just want to know since these bottles have aluminum caps will those  make the metal detector go off or do they even scan you if your on a vehicle and make you get out?I don't know how tight security is after 911?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 02:12:29 PM »
Airport security is thru the roof. Dont mess there.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 05:22:33 PM »
Airport security is thru the roof. Dont mess there.

Just something for you all to think about---I had all of my luggage searched at the Miami airport last fall because of my insulin bottles (I'm insulin dependant diabetic).   I was as cooperative as you can be with your luggage getting dumped out, but it was quite clear they weren't messing around in any way if they thought there was a reason to search someone. 

JK