Author Topic: Yankees wearing armband as a tribute to Corey Lidle  (Read 1679 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Yankees wearing armband as a tribute to Corey Lidle
« on: February 16, 2007, 09:12:43 AM »
Why are the Yankees going to wear a black armband all year long to honor Lidle? This may seem callous but Lidle was a Yankee for less than half a season for Christ's sake. He did nothing but get bombed every start. He didn't make a contribution in the post season. He made some real dumb comments after the Yankees lost to the Tigers about Joe Torre. Now he gets an armband like Thurman Munson or Billy Martin? Whats next he gets a monument in Monument Park? He gets his number retired? This cheapens what the armband meant while being worn for real Yankees greats.
The House that Ruth built

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Yankees wearing armband as a tribute to Corey Lidle
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 01:07:56 PM »
It's the right thing to do. Sure he wasn't a bomber for long but it was still a tragic loss and they should honor his memory.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 01:10:09 PM »
The armband is to honor those who have fallen... If it were you, and I knew of it, I would wear an armband. (Goddam that sounded gay... fuck... nevermind, no I wouldn't)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 04:45:15 AM »
The armband is to honor those who have fallen... If it were you, and I knew of it, I would wear an armband. (Goddam that sounded gay... f**k... nevermind, no I wouldn't)

I don't know Tu. I don't think its the right thing to do. Maybe have a day in his honor or something. Did the Yankees wear an armband all year after Catfish Hunter died of Lou Gehrig's disease? I can't remember. Thats just as tragic. What Cory did was stupid and it was totally avoidable. What Catfish had was unavoidable.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 11:42:53 AM »
I don't know Tu. I don't think its the right thing to do. Maybe have a day in his honor or something. Did the Yankees wear an armband all year after Catfish Hunter died of Lou Gehrig's disease? I can't remember. Thats just as tragic. What Cory did was stupid and it was totally avoidable. What Catfish had was unavoidable.

For me, I think we should all wear black armbands to honor all of our fallen soldiers... not just those who play sports or what not...

You know... That's not a bad idea... I think I'm gonna start doing that.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 02:29:44 PM »
For me, I think we should all wear black armbands to honor all of our fallen soldiers...

Not a bad idea. Sad thing is when this is all over many people will forget about the guys and girls who died or were maimed in Iraq.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 10:38:17 AM »
he sucked as a pitcher and even was even worse as a pilot...who knew? 
footloose and fancy free