Author Topic: Is eating like "a pro" STUPID for a natural?  (Read 2471 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Is eating like "a pro" STUPID for a natural?
« on: February 17, 2007, 05:52:17 PM »
Squadfather, i have seen you say many times (or at least pick at) people who eat every 2.5-3hrs when they aren't even a pro. I used to be guilty of that (as i guess most bodybuilding.com newbies were at one time). So, i have just been curious as to why the f**k would someone eat 5000+ cals a day (as a natural) when taking juice + that much would increase the results dramatically? i KNOW SOME PEOPLE DONT WANNA JUICE BLAH BLAH, HOWEVER, there needs to be a median b/t excessive and not enough. Why would an avg. 180 lb joe be eating 300+g's protein when some PRO's eat that? I just dont get how it will TRULY benefit u as far as supreme size goes....

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Is eating like "a pro" STUPID for a natural?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 05:56:26 PM »
answer to the thread question

YES!
carpe` vaginum!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 05:57:42 PM »
trying to eat like a pro as anatty will give you nothing but monster distention and Fat.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
If natural all eating like this will do is make ya fat

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 06:02:53 PM »
Squadfather, i have seen you say many times (or at least pick at) people who eat every 2.5-3hrs when they aren't even a pro. I used to be guilty of that (as i guess most bodybuilding.com newbies were at one time). So, i have just been curious as to why the f**k would someone eat 5000+ cals a day (as a natural) when taking juice + that much would increase the results dramatically? i KNOW SOME PEOPLE DONT WANNA JUICE BLAH BLAH, HOWEVER, there needs to be a median b/t excessive and not enough. Why would an avg. 180 lb joe be eating 300+g's protein when some PRO's eat that? I just dont get how it will TRULY benefit u as far as supreme size goes....

eating every 3 hours doesn't have to add up to 5,000.  That is a recipe for getting fat

and to be honest I am hungry every 3 hours or so, I eat when I am hungry
Here comes the money shot

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 06:06:13 PM »
eat when ure genuinely hungry, u eat like a "pro", ull turn into a fat fuck.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 06:37:04 PM »
i believe u can eat 6 times per day as a natural and lose weight and speed ur metabolism (proof is my own body fat loss)

HOWEVER! in the short term u will lose weight slower but u will keep more muscle and not get hungry.

the key is HOW MUCH U EAT and WAT U EAT in those meals. they gotta be small, carbs in maybe one or two meals (and the carbs are from oatmeal...only sugars postworkout)...AND U MUST BE ACTIVE (weights and cardio)

if actually eat like a pro by having rice and carbs in most of the meals and eating large amounts...u will be a fat fuck. that is my opinion on this issue.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 07:03:25 PM »
eating every 3 hours doesn't have to add up to 5,000.  That is a recipe for getting fat

and to be honest I am hungry every 3 hours or so, I eat when I am hungry
You should actually eat before you're hungry.  You should never feel hungry or completely stuffed.  Maybe go to 2 1/2 hours.
N

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 07:36:09 PM »
what is peoples obession of low carbs.... i eat carbs every meal.... and never out of shape inseason or out

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 08:10:03 PM »
call it what you want. you need to eat 250-500 more calories than you burn per day if you eat alot more than that it wont make you grow faster only make you fat faster. + eat your weight in protein.

you can do it via 3meals 2 meals 16meals. it doesnt matter. do what suits you.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 08:20:49 PM »

Why would anyone eat 5k + cals?
HAHA, RON.....

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 08:23:06 PM »
Why would anyone eat 5k + cals?
stupidity, thinking that if they do this they'll "look like the pros" and not realizing that even the pros don't really eat that much, Flex magazine just says they do.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 08:31:55 PM »
you must take in 50 grams of protein every 2.5 hours, which is unrealistic,so you go buy some whey, which means profits for the mags

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 09:05:41 PM »
you must take in 50 grams of protein every 2.5 hours, which is unrealistic,so you go buy some whey, which means profits for the mags
50 grams of protien 6 times a day? wow, just too much.

also eating heaps of chicken and meat can get boring.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 09:08:21 PM »
what is peoples obession of low carbs.... i eat carbs every meal.... and never out of shape inseason or out

yes with GH one can be in pretty good shape eating tons of carbs year round..

bigguns175

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 12:31:54 AM »
It all depends on your metabolism, I'm a hard gainer and have to eat a substantial higher number of calories than the average person to just maintain weight and eat even more to increase weight. I eat 100's of grams of protein 100's and 100's of carbs just to maintain.

My friend who is a giant goon, he eats a 1/4 of what I eat and he gets fat but he also puts on muscle like no tommorow.

You have to learn and experiment with your own body.  You can't listen to what a generalized idea in a magazine says and think it applies to every person out there.  Some people need the high number of protein and carbs and others hardly any.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 03:55:28 AM »
I would say eat only what gives you your goals. If you're happy to eat 200g of protein or more each day and bulk to be a fat pig, good for you. If you don't, then cut down on the food and eat to a size that you're happy with. I don't like so much the fact of being a fat pig offseason, as offseason is when you can make the most money from guest posing and whatever (if you're a BBer.) Keeping a healthy weight is best, as you don't want to sacrifice your health anymore than neccessary to stay competitive. Hey, maybe I'm looking at this in the wrong way.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 06:02:50 AM »
your all fuckn idiots,,, u eat as much as u need to eat to gain weight,,, so if your 200 lbs u eat the correct micro nutrients for your weight, if your 260 lbs its just on a larger scale... and your goin to be needing in excess of 5000 cals to gain weight if your over 260.... do any of you actualy train ?

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 06:07:27 AM »
so if your 200 lbs u eat the correct micro nutrients for your weight, and your goin to be needing in excess of 5000 cals to gain weight if your over 260....do any of you actualy train ?

THere are NO calories in Mirco nutrients
Micro nutrients= Vit's and Minerals

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 06:07:45 AM »
your all fuckn idiots,,, u eat as much as u need to eat to gain weight,,, so if your 200 lbs u eat the correct micro nutrients for your weight, if your 260 lbs its just on a larger scale... and your goin to be needing in excess of 5000 cals to gain weight if your over 260.... do any of you actualy train ?

Twelve posts do not qualify you to shoot your mouth round here. You will get owned like the little pussy you are, "local hero"... yeah right.. where's that? Rural southeast Mississippi?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 06:15:22 AM »
come on,,, its not even eating like a pro, its eating like a body builder, someone who lifts weights to get bigger.....

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 06:20:14 AM »
Yeah... many people have no idea how to ADAPT their eating habits. If you up your calories and see good results, that's good. But the moment you see you are gaining more fat than you want, cut down on the calories a little bit. Experiment. Learn how your body works.

Many folks adhere to these rigid schedules, which they probably got from some mag or web site, without listening to their bodies and adapting the plan to their specific needs...

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 07:19:26 AM »

didnt you just read what I said? the protein every 3 hour rule is bs, and it has been proven scientifacally. besides if you eat a huge steak it will take more time than 3 hours to break down and will deliver protein to your body for more than 3 hours. fucking idiots  :)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 08:02:48 AM »

didnt you just read what I said? the protein every 3 hour rule is bs, and it has been proven scientifacally. besides if you eat a huge steak it will take more time than 3 hours to break down and will deliver protein to your body for more than 3 hours. fucking idiots  :)

If it's not every 3 hours, how long is it? There are only so many hours in the day, man.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 08:16:10 AM »
It's absurd.

After a few years of training naturally, you pretty much reach your maximum size potential. Contrary to what the mags say, you're not gonna gain 5lbs of solid muscle a year, forever.

Once you do reach that potential, it's just a matter of maintaining and refining what you have.

That said, there's really no point in over-taxing your digestive system by eating every three hours. Not to mention that having your entire life revolve around eating is pathetic.