Author Topic: Brian Buccanan versus Flex Wheeler  (Read 3152 times)

leannmean

• Getbig II
Brian Buccanan versus Flex Wheeler
« on: February 19, 2007, 04:26:41 AM »
Do you think Brian can match Flex Wheeler?

Genetic-wise they are on par, or Brian may have better bodybuilding genes.

Anyone know where Brian nowadays?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Brian Buccanan versus Flex Wheeler
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 05:13:56 AM »
Do you think Brian can match Flex Wheeler?

Genetic-wise they are on par, or Brian may have better bodybuilding genes.

Anyone know where Brian nowadays?

Brian had the freakier taper and a better chest than Flex, but Flex had better conditioning and bigger legs, and bigger guns

It should be Brian vs. Flex vs. Melvin Anthony. Melvin had a better Lat spread than Flex did.

or Jean Paul G. vs. Brian vs. Flex vs. Melvin. Jean Paul G. was rumored to be natty, and he was the first of the modern era bbers to have that waspy waist look.

leannmean

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 05:39:07 AM »

Brian had the freakier taper and a better chest than Flex, but Flex had better conditioning and bigger legs, and bigger guns

It should be Brian vs. Flex vs. Melvin Anthony. Melvin had a better Lat spread than Flex did.

or Jean Paul G. vs. Brian vs. Flex vs. Melvin. Jean Paul G. was rumored to be natty, and he was the first of the modern era bbers to have that waspy waist look.

Talking about tiny waist in bodybuilding, Serge Nubret and Terry Pastel have it much earlier than Jean Paul Jean. I personally did not think Melvin could be a suitable for Flex, the sultan of symmetry. Brian may have better similarities to Flex's shape perhaps. Flex definitely has better conditioning and lower body, his back double biceps although not as wide, is the best of all time.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 06:03:10 AM »
they had the 88 pro world on ESPN back in the day and BB on that show was probably one of the top 10 individula performances in BB during the 80's.  By that I mean if you put everyone up onstage in thier best condition he woulda been top 10-just awsome.  Never came close to that afterwards IMO, he woulda gave flex a hell of a hard time if they both stepped onstage at thier best but I don't see him beating flex just cause flex had better quads.
nasser=piece of shit

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 06:25:46 AM »
Talking about tiny waist in bodybuilding, Serge Nubret and Terry Pastel have it much earlier than Jean Paul Jean. I personally did not think Melvin could be a suitable for Flex, the sultan of symmetry. Brian may have better similarities to Flex's shape perhaps. Flex definitely has better conditioning and lower body, his back double biceps although not as wide, is the best of all time.

Quite true, Serge did have the small waist and in some shots, if he had more lats you would see the similarities to Flex. Flex, JPJ, BB, and Melvin all have similar genetics  for the modern bbing era. And so does that bodybuilder from Ghana ( his pic is one of getbig ones you can use as an avatar). Which leads me to speculate that the genes came from an ethnic group in Ghana or other nearby country.

But, I saw some video of Flex and Melvin together at the 2003 Ironman. The both looked remarkably similar, like Mel was a carbon copy. And Even more so if you have watched Melvin's "Marvelous" video. But Melvin has some things on Flex, he's able to carry more muscle than Flex because he is shorter--and he adds them in the right places---the lats. But he has Flex same problem areas---lower back, glutes and hams.

leannmean

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 08:27:41 AM »
Quite true, Serge did have the small waist and in some shots, if he had more lats you would see the similarities to Flex. Flex, JPJ, BB, and Melvin all have similar genetics  for the modern bbing era. And so does that bodybuilder from Ghana ( his pic is one of getbig ones you can use as an avatar). Which leads me to speculate that the genes came from an ethnic group in Ghana or other nearby country.

But, I saw some video of Flex and Melvin together at the 2003 Ironman. The both looked remarkably similar, like Mel was a carbon copy. And Even more so if you have watched Melvin's "Marvelous" video. But Melvin has some things on Flex, he's able to carry more muscle than Flex because he is shorter--and he adds them in the right places---the lats. But he has Flex same problem areas---lower back, glutes and hams.

What is the name of the bodybuilder from Ghana you talked about? Can you post his pic for us to see?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 09:08:50 AM »
any pics titheads? ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 05:44:09 PM »
What is the name of the bodybuilder from Ghana you talked about? Can you post his pic for us to see?

Jojo Ntiforo is the Ghanian bodybuilder's name.

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 05:57:30 PM »
Two of my favourite bodybuilders. Flex's legs & back were much better. Everything else, Flex is slightly better. Two of the best bodies to ever grace a BB stage certainly. Flex is in the top 10 & Brian top 15-20 IMO. It's cool to see so many people mentioning Brian's name, long after he's stopped competing.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

leannmean

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 04:18:19 AM »
Jojo Ntiforo is the Ghanian bodybuilder's name.

Yeah you are right! This guy is kind of a cross between Flex wheeler and Shawn Ray. And at 213lb contest weight at 5 feet 10" he is just right. He blew up to 270lb in off season though. And he dwarf Chris Cormier "the real deal" when they stand next to each other. I just did not get to see his double back pose to compare to Wheeler. What is the highest he ever placed in Pro contest, I saw he was like 11th position in the Ironman 2005 and he is 43 years old this year.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 06:27:49 AM »
If Brian was in his twenties in the 90's, and had the cash....he could have beaten Flex

terryb

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 06:58:16 AM »
brian buccanan the gentelman of bb. now sells west Indian food in chapel market london.and still looks huge even though he doesn't train any more most pros should take a leaf out of his book what a nice guy

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »
brian buccanan the gentelman of bb. now sells west Indian food in chapel market london.and still looks huge even though he doesn't train any more most pros should take a leaf out of his book what a nice guy
Wow you see him?? If you see him,tell him that he was my idol!!

terryb

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 02:17:11 PM »
yes i see him often. i used to train at muscle works in london where all the top guys train.jd. jammo. brian.pat nickols.amory.ian wadly.and many more all nice guys.and would always give advice when i competed

dlee

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 03:54:26 AM »

Jean Paul G. vs. Brian vs. Flex vs. Melvin. Jean Paul G. was rumored to be natty, and he was the first of the modern era bbers to have that waspy waist look.
[/quote]

Of this great quartet, only Melvin is still competing, and he is phenomenal - looking forward to some great Spring victories for him. Of the other three who were genetic marvels, Paul Jean Guillaume could probably still enter a show with a month's preparations and be competitive. He always considered himself a body sculptor, not a bodybuilder. The best natural bodybuilder ever!

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 03:59:45 AM »
...not even CLOSE! At any other time in bodybuilding Flex would have been a multiple Mr O winner. Unfortunately for him there was a monster with the initials R.C that decided  "what the heck, I'll give this Olympia thing a shot"  :-\

leannmean

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 09:10:08 AM »

He still look muscular? ;D