Author Topic: PBW in Pasadena: X-Man & S. Ray (REPLAY is READY)  (Read 3935 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW in Pasadena: X-Man & S. Ray (REPLAY is READY)
« on: February 19, 2007, 05:43:19 AM »
Season Kick-Off Show

Just one week after a record audience heard Governor Schwarzenegger on-the-air, “Pro Bodybuilding Weekly” presents a special Season Kickoff Show.  PBW breaks down the Ironman Pro with a close look at the stories, surprises, and controversies surrounding the season’s first event with appearances by Toney Freeman and Shawn Ray. Team Muscletech presents another hour of bodybuilding talk radio - Listen NOW on-demand.

Visit the show at www.BodybuildingRadio.com

Replays provided courtesy of Bodybuilding.com (Schwarzenegger Replay Now Available)

Additional sponsors include: NxLabs, Biogenetix, Max Muscle Venice, MuscleTime.com, The Vein Centre and The Arnold Sports Festival.

thisiskeith12

Re: PBW's Pasadena Post-Show - Tonight
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 09:09:28 AM »
Will anyone from the Ironman get invites to the Arnold since DJ and JJ are out?

AVBG

Re: PBW's Pasadena Post-Show - Tonight
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 09:43:22 AM »
Bob/Dan, As its well known that the Ironman is regarded as one of the premier shows IN TERMS of LIGHTING.

What makes their lighting superior to other shows, is it a trade secret & why do other shows struggle to duplicate or improve?

Is it the...

a.The actual lights?
b. The distance from the stage?
c. The angle the lights hit the stage?

Its obvious to me that Mike Nevuex influence has been projected in the shows lighting. Mike is probably my fave BB photographer of all time. His influence on the Iroman mag in the 90's was awesome as his trademark backgrounds and clarity of shots made picking up an edition of the Ironman (back in the day) a must.

I think promotors part of their licencing of pro shows should consult with Mike prior to each competition to maybe set a standard across all comps.. I recall the 06 Euro GP's, their backdrops were horrible and a real distraction to the competition - IMO.

AVBG

Re: "PBW in Pasadena" with Champion Toney Freeman (Tonight)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 01:32:37 PM »
Chick, Do you think there were enough comparisons in the prejuding?

I think that Shelestov, Hide, Ahmad and Samuel, did not get a "fair go".

I dont think Eddie Abew deserved to be in the top 5.

AVBG

Re: "PBW in Pasadena" with Champion Toney Freeman (Tonight)
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 04:54:38 PM »
5 minutes to go!  Let's hope Toney doesn't get ahem held to contractual agreements ala Victor!

Wesco

• Getbig II
Re: PBW in Pasadena: X-Man & S. Ray (REPLAY is READY)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 07:44:11 PM »
I actually felt there were a few people that didn't get placed fairly.  Offcourse silvio, but I the japanesse bber was screwed as well.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
Re: PBW in Pasadena: X-Man & S. Ray (REPLAY is READY)
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 05:41:34 AM »
Good call on Sheltyov or whatever his name is. That guy got majorly jobbed.

Freeman was a great interview, that guy has mad charisma. I'm not sure why but i laughed like 10 times.

"I'm not trying to be Dexter, I'm trying to be HUMUNGOUS" hahahah  ;D

edit: Very sad to hear about Shawn's baby. I hope there's a healthy one in the future.
It's Hip to be Square!