Author Topic: Planet Fitness Idiots Again!  (Read 11144 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Planet Fitness Idiots Again!
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 06:28:54 AM »
I want to get a day pass to Planet Fitness.  Deadlift 400lbs for X amount, scream on each rep, then slam the shit out of the weights.
I like when that old ass trainer says, "We go for more of a lean look at Planet Fitness."  Last time I checked, everyone in a gym has a different goal.  Another "perfect form" guy who probably makes his clients curl 5lb dumbells with a 6 second down 3 second up motion.  These people make me laugh.  You could tell how most of those people were intimidated by the stronger gym members.  I never had that feeling going to a gym, so it was an eye opener.  Hell, even when I was 150lbs and scrawned like crazy, I keep a shirt on like a tiny little man and accepted I had been eating jelly beans and smoking cigarettes for a few years straight.
I do agree to some extent about slamming weights.  If you're deadlifting heavy weight...ok, heavy dumbell bench press...ok...aside from those, there really is no need to slam plates.  I shrug 400+ and you can't hear the bar touch.  Or 270lbs on seated row, barely hear the plates hit.  It's called, controlling your fucking weight.  Some may argue, they are "so spent" at the end of a set, they can't place the weight down...horseshit.  It's always the same douchebags too.  Not always, but usually it's the guys with a macho complex dropping their "massive weight".  I usually outlift these clowns.  Grunting is fine on a heavy squat, leg press, or a big final rep of a major body part, but is some dick grunts every rep of every set, it's uncalled for.  Last time I checked though, this was the USA?
How about banning cell phones in gyms...cause when I'm benching I can barely concentrate on my set if someone's phone rings. ::)
For the people crying in that video...Get some fucking intesity in your workout you sorry sacs of shit.  That's why you look the way you do and probably will remain the same.  They're the same type of people who say they have a good diet, then eat 3x a day.  Classic.  What a bunch of fags in our country.
Oh, meltdown.
ahahhahahahha... good post... we should all target one, get day passes and go in one after another so the whole day is lunk alarms going off every 5 minutes... couldn't happen but funny to think about.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 06:38:16 AM »
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!  GRUNTERS WILL BE PROSECUTED???   ::) I'D LIKE TO SEE THEM TRY... OH BROTHER... BS...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 06:39:28 AM »
Exactly, that's what I'm saying. You're going into that shit gym KNOWING the rules. You break the rules and then wanna sue? Sorry, you ain't gotta a leg to stand on.
Yea but since when to you need valid grounds to sue? This is America man ;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 06:59:05 AM »
I believe that weight training should be banned in gyms. ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 07:04:49 AM »
It'd be pretty funny to film Ronnie Coleman training there.  Chalk, yelling, profanity, sweating, throwing and dropping plates, tbar rowing with an Olympic bar in the corner.  Then when they rang the lunk alarm and asked him to leave, he could respond in his standard jibberish which they certainly wouldn't understand.  Also seeing the fat lady working at Planet Fitness approaching Mr Coleman with her orders would be funny too.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 08:18:37 AM »
hahahahaha, the funniest part was the 53 year old 5'11" 129 pound "personal trainer" wearing two shirts saying that there is absolutely no reason to ever grunt while he's "demonstrating" seated db curls with a pair of 10's.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 08:20:35 AM »
hahahahaha, the funniest part was the 53 year old 5'11" 129 pound "personal trainer" wearing two shirts saying that there is absolutely no reason to ever grunt while he's "demonstrating" seated db curls with a pair of 10's.
Hahahahah Planet of gayness!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 08:24:09 AM »
hahahahaa, why is it that whenever you see one of these Planet Fitness clips no one is ever training legs?

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2007, 08:25:12 AM »
in other words, Planet Fitness does not welcome the serious lifters. if your ESTROGEN levels are higher than your testosterone, Planet Queerness is the place to be ;)
Get Big, or Die Trying

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2007, 08:31:03 AM »
I said it before and i'll say it again. This is what seperates a good hardcore gym from a mickey mouse gym. Steer clear from the so-called fitness centres. Drive the extra mile and go to a gym that is reputable like Powerhouse or Gold's.

PB

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2007, 08:32:52 AM »
hahahahaha, they can never do one of these clips without showing some guy with 14 inch arms doing machine preacher curls or Smith Machine shrugs with  1 plate on each side without calling him a "bodybuilder". ::)

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2007, 08:36:09 AM »
hahahahaha, they can never do one of these clips without showing some guy with 14 inch arms doing machine preacher curls or Smith Machine shrugs with  1 plate on each side without calling him a "bodybuilder". ::)
Hahahah hey he is bigger and more cut then 90% of getbig.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 08:36:17 AM »
hahahahahaha, you have to love the "no judging" policy as well, can you see some skinny geek going up to the front desk and saying, "that big guy over there was making fun of me for curling 30 pounds, i want him reprimanded!!!!"

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 08:36:33 AM »
Your buddy Old_rooster probably works out there. with all his shiny trophies and no legs and pedophile attitude  ::)

PB

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 08:38:44 AM »
the reporter who did that segment on palnet fitness should be slapped. she had the nerve to call this whimp a bodybuilder, what the fcuk
Get Big, or Die Trying

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2007, 08:47:42 AM »
That c*nt reporter is a fuckin c*nt.  What a bitch.  She commented on the other gay reporter as loud with thier hissing.  I wonder if that bitch finds cell phone talkers in the gym loud or people yelling over each other in the gym loud. 

Wow.  What a bunch of pussies.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 09:36:04 AM »
My favorite part is that the alarm is louder and more distracting that someone grunting or dropping weights.

No shit, I would give my left nut to see one on those fucktards interviewed (except for the BB guy) being in the middle of a set when that alarm goes off. As it scares the shit outta them, it causes them to drop a dumbbell on their head, splitting it open, and exposing their brain.
I would then walk over, grab their brain, and take a bite as their body twitched on the floor. Then I’d go knock out a set of 500+LB deadlifts while screaming my ass off and spitting bloody brain all over the mirror in front of me.

AAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!! bitches
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2007, 11:41:41 AM »
When you think about it...what's more distracting, someone grunting every now and then squatting a ton...or some fucking alarm with a light blasting for 10 seconds?  People have reached a new level of fagdom.  It's ok to have your "life partner" Jorge spot you, while wearing spandex and a fishnet tanktop, but please...don't drop the weights or I will be offended.  This country is shot..haha
N

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2007, 11:52:35 AM »
Don't you love how all of the cool state of the art equipment goes into gyms that the members will NEVER no how to use it correctly.  After a couple of years none of it will work right because the staff is so clueless that they don't no what the machines are supposed to feel like either.  The old trainer in the video didn't even no how to do a bicep curl.

I was in fitness management for over 15 years and all of these new gyms are basically fat farms that want first timers that need a staff personal trainer to hold their hand every workout.  About 5 years ago I joined a club like that because I had gotten out of shape and thought I could go and hide there and train on some brand new equipment.  I spent all of my time putting away weights just to be able to get my on weights on the trees correctly.  If I wanted to use a cable machine I had to help the overwieght moms finish their sets so I could get them off the equipmet.  There was never a trainer around unless he or she was getting paid privately.  Every member had the seat position wrong and had no clue what they were doing.  I spent half my workout helping the members who were very grateful and seemed to think that the young staff cared more about where they were going to party at night than doing their fucking job.  The front desk person wouldn't even make eye contact with me, just scanned my card and would keep running her mouth about God knows what!

I agree about slamming weights as I was tought by one the best trainers every that if you can pick a weight up, you can certainly put in down without just dropping it.  I don't see how a grunt here or there would disrupt anothers' workout.  Clearly these people could never make it in the Armed Forces.  What it really comes down to is ones' insecurity.  The out of shape crowd doens't like to work out around those who have acheived results and paid their dues.  They are intimidated and they out number us.  They have the money.  Look at all of the Gold's that are not renewing their fanchise fees and changing their names to something that seperates them from bodybuilding. 

Great Post!   I see it all the time as well. I know what you mean.
?

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2007, 12:06:34 PM »

Planet Fitness  = white trash donut/coffee eating snobs.....
K

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2007, 12:12:14 PM »
Planet Fitness  = white trash donut/coffee eating snobs.....
I don't think it's possible to be white trash and a snob.
N

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2007, 12:12:49 PM »
I don't think it's possible to be white trash and a snob.

You'd be surprised....... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »
I wonder if you can you fart there ?
K

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2007, 12:46:55 PM »
AHAHAhahhahahahhhaha... no shit... priceless crap.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2007, 01:01:14 PM »
AHAHAhahhahahahhhaha... no shit... priceless crap.

I loved the "Expert" advice