Author Topic: Planet Fitness Idiots Again!  (Read 11143 times)

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
and keep moving!

Old School Trainer

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Planet Fitness Idiots Again!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 07:56:05 PM »
Don't you love how all of the cool state of the art equipment goes into gyms that the members will NEVER no how to use it correctly.  After a couple of years none of it will work right because the staff is so clueless that they don't no what the machines are supposed to feel like either.  The old trainer in the video didn't even no how to do a bicep curl.

I was in fitness management for over 15 years and all of these new gyms are basically fat farms that want first timers that need a staff personal trainer to hold their hand every workout.  About 5 years ago I joined a club like that because I had gotten out of shape and thought I could go and hide there and train on some brand new equipment.  I spent all of my time putting away weights just to be able to get my on weights on the trees correctly.  If I wanted to use a cable machine I had to help the overwieght moms finish their sets so I could get them off the equipmet.  There was never a trainer around unless he or she was getting paid privately.  Every member had the seat position wrong and had no clue what they were doing.  I spent half my workout helping the members who were very grateful and seemed to think that the young staff cared more about where they were going to party at night than doing their fucking job.  The front desk person wouldn't even make eye contact with me, just scanned my card and would keep running her mouth about God knows what!

I agree about slamming weights as I was tought by one the best trainers every that if you can pick a weight up, you can certainly put in down without just dropping it.  I don't see how a grunt here or there would disrupt anothers' workout.  Clearly these people could never make it in the Armed Forces.  What it really comes down to is ones' insecurity.  The out of shape crowd doens't like to work out around those who have acheived results and paid their dues.  They are intimidated and they out number us.  They have the money.  Look at all of the Gold's that are not renewing their fanchise fees and changing their names to something that seperates them from bodybuilding. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 07:59:11 PM »
Don't you love how all of the cool state of the art equipment goes into gyms that the members will NEVER no how to use it correctly.  After a couple of years none of it will work right because the staff is so clueless that they don't no what the machines are supposed to feel like either.  The old trainer in the video didn't even no how to do a bicep curl.

I was in fitness management for over 15 years and all of these new gyms are basically fat farms that want first timers that need a staff personal trainer to hold their hand every workout.  About 5 years ago I joined a club like that because I had gotten out of shape and thought I could go and hide there and train on some brand new equipment.  I spent all of my time putting away weights just to be able to get my on weights on the trees correctly.  If I wanted to use a cable machine I had to help the overwieght moms finish their sets so I could get them off the equipmet.  There was never a trainer around unless he or she was getting paid privately.  Every member had the seat position wrong and had no clue what they were doing.  I spent half my workout helping the members who were very grateful and seemed to think that the young staff cared more about where they were going to party at night than doing their fucking job.  The front desk person wouldn't even make eye contact with me, just scanned my card and would keep running her mouth about God knows what!

I agree about slamming weights as I was tought by one the best trainers every that if you can pick a weight up, you can certainly put in down without just dropping it.  I don't see how a grunt here or there would disrupt anothers' workout.  Clearly these people could never make it in the Armed Forces.  What it really comes down to is ones' insecurity.  The out of shape crowd doens't like to work out around those who have acheived results and paid their dues.  They are intimidated and they out number us.  They have the money.  Look at all of the Gold's that are not renewing their fanchise fees and changing their names to something that seperates them from bodybuilding. 

Meltdown!

Seriously though, I agree with ya. I see it everyday.... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 08:18:56 PM »
*shaking head*

Holy shit. I'm flabbergasted. That is THE MOST ridiculous thing I have EVER heard!!!
It's a fuckin' gym, not a library!!!  >:(

oops... did I just meltdown?  :D

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 08:29:11 PM »
Un-fucking-believeable!

God forbid anybody work out hard enough to breathe hard or even grunt...... ::)

I swear, every person who was interviewed, was a fucking pussy (except for the fellow they referred to as a bber).

How fucking sad, that they are so easily intimidated by ANYONE, bigger, stronger, or willing to work harder than them.......

Jesus, imagine being one of those pathetic fucks, out in the real world. These fuckers must shit their pants everytime they see a man.......
HAHA, RON.....

Rich Gainihger

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 08:30:14 PM »
epic obese gym-goers.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 08:55:15 PM »
Haha... next they'll be banning black people because some surburban white folk find them intimidating... Just stupid

The D-Unit

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 08:57:11 PM »
I like the guy they interview that's the "bodybuilder" . ....that's great.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 09:06:52 PM »

I was laughing when I saw that.....

But think about it this way......in that gym, that is a HUGE bber..... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 10:05:45 PM »
grunters? like were our own race now

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 10:15:05 PM »
I hope the go broke.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=8EB2181A-AB14-461A-992A-2B0F73B675D1&t=c150&f=06/64&p=Source_TodayShow&fg=&GT1=9033

All gyms suck.

Working out at home is much better.  (Assuming you can afford to buy proper equipment)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 10:26:13 PM »
Trust me, the first law suit they have over all their "rules" they will change. By the way, can I join Curves???????

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 11:18:24 PM »
I want to get a day pass to Planet Fitness.  Deadlift 400lbs for X amount, scream on each rep, then slam the shit out of the weights.
I like when that old ass trainer says, "We go for more of a lean look at Planet Fitness."  Last time I checked, everyone in a gym has a different goal.  Another "perfect form" guy who probably makes his clients curl 5lb dumbells with a 6 second down 3 second up motion.  These people make me laugh.  You could tell how most of those people were intimidated by the stronger gym members.  I never had that feeling going to a gym, so it was an eye opener.  Hell, even when I was 150lbs and scrawned like crazy, I keep a shirt on like a tiny little man and accepted I had been eating jelly beans and smoking cigarettes for a few years straight.
I do agree to some extent about slamming weights.  If you're deadlifting heavy weight...ok, heavy dumbell bench press...ok...aside from those, there really is no need to slam plates.  I shrug 400+ and you can't hear the bar touch.  Or 270lbs on seated row, barely hear the plates hit.  It's called, controlling your fucking weight.  Some may argue, they are "so spent" at the end of a set, they can't place the weight down...horseshit.  It's always the same douchebags too.  Not always, but usually it's the guys with a macho complex dropping their "massive weight".  I usually outlift these clowns.  Grunting is fine on a heavy squat, leg press, or a big final rep of a major body part, but is some dick grunts every rep of every set, it's uncalled for.  Last time I checked though, this was the USA?
How about banning cell phones in gyms...cause when I'm benching I can barely concentrate on my set if someone's phone rings. ::)
For the people crying in that video...Get some fucking intesity in your workout you sorry sacs of shit.  That's why you look the way you do and probably will remain the same.  They're the same type of people who say they have a good diet, then eat 3x a day.  Classic.  What a bunch of fags in our country.
Oh, meltdown.
N

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 11:51:25 PM »
I want to get a day pass to Planet Fitness.  Deadlift 400lbs for X amount, scream on each rep, then slam the shit out of the weights.
I like when that old ass trainer says, "We go for more of a lean look at Planet Fitness."  Last time I checked, everyone in a gym has a different goal.  Another "perfect form" guy who probably makes his clients curl 5lb dumbells with a 6 second down 3 second up motion.  These people make me laugh.  You could tell how most of those people were intimidated by the stronger gym members.  I never had that feeling going to a gym, so it was an eye opener.  Hell, even when I was 150lbs and scrawned like crazy, I keep a shirt on like a tiny little man and accepted I had been eating jelly beans and smoking cigarettes for a few years straight.
I do agree to some extent about slamming weights.  If you're deadlifting heavy weight...ok, heavy dumbell bench press...ok...aside from those, there really is no need to slam plates.  I shrug 400+ and you can't hear the bar touch.  Or 270lbs on seated row, barely hear the plates hit.  It's called, controlling your fucking weight.  Some may argue, they are "so spent" at the end of a set, they can't place the weight down...horseshit.  It's always the same douchebags too.  Not always, but usually it's the guys with a macho complex dropping their "massive weight".  I usually outlift these clowns.  Grunting is fine on a heavy squat, leg press, or a big final rep of a major body part, but is some dick grunts every rep of every set, it's uncalled for.  Last time I checked though, this was the USA?
How about banning cell phones in gyms...cause when I'm benching I can barely concentrate on my set if someone's phone rings. ::)
For the people crying in that video...Get some fucking intesity in your workout you sorry sacs of shit.  That's why you look the way you do and probably will remain the same.  They're the same type of people who say they have a good diet, then eat 3x a day.  Classic.  What a bunch of fags in our country.
Oh, meltdown.

I know what you mean, man.

I was trained nto to drop the weights, let alone slam them.

If the weight is THAT heavy, you have no business doing it.

It's usually the attention whores who do that shit. I laugh at them, since they are usually using little weights anyways, but have to make a spectacle out of it, as if anyone gives a shit.

Should have seen this asshole today, old guy, huge gut, massive ILS. Struggling with 225 on 1/4 squats.......so what does he do? He increases the weight, like a fucking dumbass. Do I need to tell you he got floored?

Hardcore buddy!  ::)

HAHA, RON.....

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 12:51:46 AM »
My favorite part is that the alarm is louder and more distracting that someone grunting or dropping weights.

finurface

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 01:07:01 AM »

Truer words have never been spoken.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 01:11:56 AM »
I wish there were one of those gyms near me.I would go there and purposely try and get the lunk alarm. ;D

maybe wear some of those fruit loop pants from 1980,a tank top and a big ass lifting belt and stand around flexing ridiculously  and say "light weight baby!" whenever my training partner did his set.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 05:24:33 AM »
the alarm is louder and more distracting that someone grunting or dropping weights.

Very good point. "They" say the grunting is intimidating, well the alarm is very annoying and distracting.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 05:33:51 AM »

All gyms suck.

Working out at home is much better.  (Assuming you can afford to buy proper equipment)

Right...It took about 3k for me to get my home gym up. I got about 700lbs of weight (standard and olympic). Adjustable dumbbells. Cable machine, pull up and dip tower, full bench, and a bunch of little shit. But anyway...I like workin legs in the gym but a home i do everything else. And i sometimes yell  if i have to.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 05:42:04 AM »
What if yates and his partner from blood ad guts trained there for a day...that would be hilarious.

DIESEL!!!!!!!!!

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 05:45:04 AM »
Planet Fagness

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 06:04:27 AM »

lol......at least he's against the no grunting policy. I like the planet fitness personal trainer who said that "planet fitness goals is to have members using light weight and build lean muscles"  HAHAHA..that F.ag sure don't have any lean muscles on his gay ass skeleton
Get Big, or Die Trying

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 06:16:45 AM »
Trust me, the first law suit they have over all their "rules" they will change.

What grounds would you have to sue?  If you signed a contract when joining agreeing to their st00pid rules, there's not much you can do.  (Other than not patronize their dumb gym anymore).
Ron: "I am lazy."

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 06:24:28 AM »

All gyms suck.

best post ever

best post ever

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 06:25:50 AM »

What grounds would you have to sue?  If you signed a contract when joining agreeing to their st00pid rules, there's not much you can do.  (Other than not patronize their dumb gym anymore).

Exactly, that's what I'm saying. You're going into that shit gym KNOWING the rules. You break the rules and then wanna sue? Sorry, you ain't gotta a leg to stand on.