Author Topic: India: Abortion Genocide  (Read 3750 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: India: Abortion Genocide
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 07:26:56 AM »
Great to see BRUCE putting the spotlight on these problems that stems in women being seen as second class citizens.

India is a shithole in many ways, as is still many 3rd world countries where women's right only exists in theory.

Wollstonecraft was one of the brightest political minds ever.

-Hedge

The majority of people in third world countries don't have educations and aren't exposed to what you and I are. Of course they're going to be backwards and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. But look on the bright side, the populations of those respective nations that are educated DON'T participate in shit like that. People deserve a chance to improve.

And killing off these babies, is that much of a big deal? Most of these people are poor unskilled laborers and are better off with less children.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 07:40:33 AM »
If the left is so against gender selective murder/abortion in India then why are they so for abortion here?

I think the left is in favor of women having control over their own bodies, destinies, etc... The word "choice" figures prominently in the argument.

Gender-selective murder/abortion is discrimination against the female gender. These mothers would not be killing or aborting these babies if they were boys.  They are forced to, because the babies are female. There is no "choice" in the equation. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 07:58:46 AM »
The majority of people in third world countries don't have educations and aren't exposed to what you and I are. Of course they're going to be backwards and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. But look on the bright side, the populations of those respective nations that are educated DON'T participate in shit like that. People deserve a chance to improve.

And killing off these babies, is that much of a big deal? Most of these people are poor unskilled laborers and are better off with less children.

Of course they're better off with less children.

Problem is that they save the boys.

Another problem is that safe sex is not being taught in many 3rd world countries, some organisations, such as the Christian Conservative Lobby in the USA and the Vatican, oppose Safe Sex education.

Hence the spread of HIV, another related problem.

I think all of us could agree that the only way to deal with this is to raise the level of education and civilization in these societies.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 10:12:38 AM »
I think the left is in favor of women having control over their own bodies, destinies, etc... The word "choice" figures prominently in the argument.

Gender-selective murder/abortion is discrimination against the female gender. These mothers would not be killing or aborting these babies if they were boys.  They are forced to, because the babies are female. There is no "choice" in the equation. 

CHOICE is nothing but a word libs like to throw around when it fits their agenda. Where is the babies choice? Thakn god none of us in here were aborted. We all got the chance to become what we will become. And thousands of "unwanted" babies a day get a chance and have become some of the more famous people in the world.
gotta love life

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 10:41:54 AM »
CHOICE is nothing but a word libs like to throw around when it fits their agenda. Where is the babies choice? Thakn god none of us in here were aborted. We all got the chance to become what we will become. And thousands of "unwanted" babies a day get a chance and have become some of the more famous people in the world.

Too bad you can't get pregnant.  Sounds like you'd make a great mom.  ;)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007, 10:52:49 AM »
Too bad you can't get pregnant.  Sounds like you'd make a great mom.  ;)

Don't know about a mom, but I get compliments on my fathering alot.
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2007, 11:06:17 AM »
Indeed it is, BB - where is the Left's outrage?

I must have missed the outrage from the Right.

By the way, what the hell does the Left have to do with this story? Why would you even mention it other than to try and denigrate them?

Good for you you've managed to turn a tragic situation in India into a Right vs. Left bullschit fest.  ::)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 02:09:06 PM »

By the way, what the hell does the Left have to do with this story? Why would you even mention it other than to try and denigrate them?

Good for you you've managed to turn a tragic situation in India into a Right vs. Left bullschit fest.  ::)

Morning, Trollington.

Read above (particularly my post in response to Deedee), for the answer to your questions. 

Great to see most of the people here are reacting really well to this story, it's nothing short of a tragedy.
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 02:14:55 PM »
Morning, Trollington.

Read above (particularly my post in response to Deedee), for the answer to your questions. 

Great to see most of the people here are reacting really well to this story, it's nothing short of a tragedy.

This is your second post in the thread. The second thing you had to say in a thread about tragic deaths in India is a bash on Liberals. LOL

As I mentioned, nice to see you turn a tragic situation into a left bashing session.  ::)
Could you be more pathetic? At this point you're so ridiculous that it's laughable.  ;D

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 02:27:12 PM »
This is your second post in the thread.

Good to see we can go ahead and put counting on that list of things you can't do.

You accuse of wasting my time bashing the Left, and yet here you are, in another of my threads, trolling away at me, adding nothing meaningful to the debate.

Oh the irony.
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 02:33:30 PM »
Good to see we can go ahead and put counting on that list of things you can't do.

You accuse of wasting my time bashing the Left, and yet here you are, in another of my threads, trolling away at me, adding nothing meaningful to the debate.

Oh the irony.

If you weren't so full of schit I wouldn't have to point it out all the time. It's your own fault.

This is your first post.
I've recently added the following story to my new weblog:
After being rocked by terror attacks this week, it's now been revealed that India has somewhat of a black market for abortions, with some 400 baby bones found after they were terminated, buried and subsequently unearthed. See now this genocide that has ended the lives of an estimated 10 million (given, this is a Lancet figure) Indian babies before they even started.
Police were investigating a hospital's involvement in illegal female feticide after 437 baby bones were dug up close by the complex, a state government said.
Police began unearthing the bones on Saturday from Christian Medical Hospital, in central Madhya Pradesh state, after a tip-off that medical staff were carrying out illegal abortions.
"Initial reports indicate feticide or infanticide," said state health minister Ajay Vishnoi.

'Feticide'? That's an interesting spin on what I would call murder. Note also the amazing effect this swathe of baby killing has had on the Punjab region.
Punjab has the worst gender ratio in India, with 798 girls for every thousand boys under the age of six.
A study by The Lancet, a British medical journal, said last year that India may have lost 10 million unborn girls in the past 20 years. Indian experts put the figure at about five million.

Incredible, so we have 5 to 10 million dead children? That puts this in the region of deaths from the Holocaust. But where are the protests, the outrage? The astonishing number of abortions in the last 20 years in India should put this as one of the greatest Human Rights violations of our time - particulary when you consider why this is occuring.
Hundreds of thousands of unborn girls are killed each year in India, where families prize sons who are seen as breadwinners and required to light their parents' funeral pyres, according to Hindu practice.
Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust#Death_toll
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070219/wl_sthasia_afp/healthindiacrime

This is your second post.

Yep, sure looks like I screwed up that count. LOL

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 02:40:31 PM »
It's semantics, of course, as I assumed you were referring to my total amount of posts in this thread.  Perhaps if I paid closer attention to your trolling I would have picked up on it.

This, of course, is not semantics:

Oh the irony.

Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 02:44:26 PM »

What he means is that as a liberal, you shouldn't criticize your government or the war in Iraq, even though it directly affects you, your family, your neighbors, and fellow citizens, because what's going on in some third world shithole (as someone pointed out) is "worse."

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 02:45:55 PM »
It's semantics, of course, as I assumed you were referring to my total amount of posts in this thread.  Perhaps if I paid closer attention to your trolling I would have picked up on it.

This, of course, is not semantics:

Oh the irony.

Semantics? LOL

That's what you call being dead wrong, AGAIN. LOL

Keep digging.

You post bullshit, I point it out. You'll notice I don't do that on any other threads. You're the cause, get over yourself. And I notice you haven't denied that you turned a tragic story into a Left bashing session.  ;D

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2007, 02:47:12 PM »
What he means is that as a liberal, you shouldn't criticize your government or the war in Iraq, even though it directly affects you, your family, your neighbors, and fellow citizens, because what's going on in some third world shithole (as someone pointed out) is "worse."

I've already taken you apart on this claim previously, Deedee.  Let's not have me show you up anymore than is necessary in one thread.

Isn't it amazing how few Leftists want to tackle this issue?
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 02:49:29 PM »
You'll notice I don't do that on any other threads. You're the cause, get over yourself.

Keep telling yourself it's my fault you e-stalk me here, okay?  I'm done responding to you unless of course you have some information of logical, issue-based opinions to add.

I'll welcome you back into the flock when you can do this, alright?
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 03:54:04 PM »
Keep telling yourself it's my fault you e-stalk me here, okay?  I'm done responding to you unless of course you have some information of logical, issue-based opinions to add.

I'll welcome you back into the flock when you can do this, alright?

Flock? What flock? LOL

Do you have delusions of grandeur or something? What flock could you possibly be in that I would want to be a part of? This is just getting funnier and funnier.  ;D