Author Topic: Does it matter what BODYFAT % u start a cycle on?  (Read 1789 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Does it matter what BODYFAT % u start a cycle on?
« on: February 19, 2007, 08:27:11 PM »
Just curious, because I know that juice can effect bodyfat, but does it SIGNIFICANTLY matter if u start at a relatively LOW bodyfat vs. say 16-17%? I am doing cardio and eating very clean right now only, but wasn't sure if it would be a bad idea to start cycle with high(er) bodyfat. Thanks

wampyri

Re: Does it matter what BODYFAT % u start a cycle on?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 06:39:06 AM »
Well I am gonna go against the grain here and say test always lowers my bodyfat as I dont do the 5k kcals ed like most fattys do with in 4-5 weeks of test I can physically see my fat is lower.

Wesco

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 04:00:13 AM »
Yeah but you don't wanna start a bulking cycle if a super fatty.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 04:38:08 PM »
I would have to say starting a cycle OVER 15% BF is just a waste of money
U

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 07:41:56 PM »
I like to start at a low bodyfat 7-10%. We you start taking it at this low of bodyfat you just see you muscles blow up like balloons will having the cuts. It looks and feels great.
Don't let em fool ya

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 08:31:01 PM »
Boonstack, aren't you only 19?  ::)

coolioni

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 10:59:22 PM »
They work best when you start lean!

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 01:53:27 AM »
They work best when you start lean!

not sure if that's true or not but you'll definately SEE better results if you have lower bodyfat.
It's Hip to be Square!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 03:49:13 AM »
not sure if that's true or not but you'll definately SEE better results if you have lower bodyfat.

Very true.  I always thought you would want to use them mainly for the look.  I mean I can be pretty strong if staying natural and just get heavy to push big weights around, but it aint pretty.

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 05:32:12 AM »
Not to mention the fact that people with higher bodyfat percentages run a bigger risk of cholesterol and BP issues. Besides, like someone posted earlier, if you are holding alot of fat on your frame you will not visually see the results as well as when you are leaner. I agree with the over 15% bf then no go with the cycle until you can drop below that number with cardio, ECA and clen.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 07:43:05 AM »
Some good advice here. I think if you are using because of "sport specific" goal then the BF levels arenīt really an issue (except health wise). If you are using because of looks, like many are then you better have low enough BF to see the changes.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 07:57:19 AM »
Some good advice here. I think if you are using because of "sport specific" goal then the BF levels arenīt really an issue (except health wise). If you are using because of looks, like many are then you better have low enough BF to see the changes.
I think that even sport specific trainers would say that unless you are an Olympic style weightlifter or powerlifter then you would need to stay a certain leaness to perform better. The most crutial aspect of steroid use is to take a methodical approach to your goals and without proper diet, training and rest then the roids aren't going to help. Since we are refering to athletes of other sports then we must assume that they have a lower bodyfat percentage than most average people so even though thier goals aren't to get as lean as bodybuilders the lower fat levels are still beneficial towards the performance of thier sport and health. Just my opinion.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 08:07:30 AM »
True. I was mostly thinking of strongmen, heavyweight powerlifters, shot putters etc. I mean if you are only worried about strenght, you donīt have to have a razor sharp six pack, of course for even lifters thereīs are certain point of BF that should not be passed.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 08:15:58 AM »
There are however some football players that exceed high bodyfat levels and I have always wondered what thier blood panel and medical charts look like. They can't be healthy like that.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 09:34:28 AM »
SOME LINEMAN...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 09:36:19 AM »
SOME LINEMAN...
Bingo. They are strong has hell but I can't see them being healthy.

wampyri

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »
So non of you have been over 15% when bulking  ??? lol @ 15% you can see the outline of abs well on a bodybuilder at this % I have veins on my shoulders and chest sometimes i think people say anything I use test when cutting down as I am now using sus eod on a cutting diet it really helps as test helps you lose lower bodyfat thats proven factl.