Author Topic: Deadlifts worth benefit vs risk?  (Read 4040 times)

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Deadlifts worth benefit vs risk?
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2007, 06:34:55 AM »
deadlifts squats bench presses  are all great exersizes and i bieleve in them. u will here diffrent stories from people who get injured doing them but the everyone will agree they have put mass on many peoples frame. i think form is the major one reason people get injury and not warming up properly...

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 06:36:01 AM »
deadlifts squats bench presses  are all great exersizes and i bieleve in them. u will here diffrent stories from people who get injured doing them but the everyone will agree they have put mass on many peoples frame. i think form is the major one reason people get injury and not warming up properly...

bingo

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 10:01:51 AM »
Heavy partial deads have definitely put on size and strength, to a noticeable extent, along with squats that i do the day before my back workout.  This translates over to chest, where im stronger and much of it is due to deads and squats.

I think your body has a switch and it makes you maintain some form of balance and symetry-in other words squats/deads turn the switch on and allows your entire body to grow-and if you neglect them, you will be stuck at whatever level you are.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 03:37:38 PM »
I like deads, but yes they kill my back

someone tell me:  when doing partials, roughly how far down on the rack should i be going?  (how high up should the bar be placed at?) 

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 03:56:27 PM »
I like deads, but yes they kill my back

someone tell me:  when doing partials, roughly how far down on the rack should i be going?  (how high up should the bar be placed at?) 
shin level

Try cleans...great mass/strength movement and you use less weight.  My best deadlift was 465 for 2 and I was able to do 185 for 3 with cleans but my back gets killed.  My traps/delts/upper back all have grown from them.  Try it.  Even using a plate with good form with get that thickness comparable to deads IMO.  End of rant.   ;D
Squishy face retard

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 07:58:37 AM »
Dumbbell deadlifts/squats are tough.  I use over 400lbs for deads in my bodybuilding routine at the end of lat training.  Try grabbing two 90lbs dumbbells and holding them at your sides.  Squat until the dumbbells brush or lightly tap the floor. Go that low.   Repeat for 12 slow reps. Now do a couple of sets with this exercise.  I do them at the end of leg training when my legs are already shot.

Using dumbbells has a different feel than squatting or deadlifting with a barbell.  A much greater range of motion. Someone who hasn't tried doing a dumbbell squat/deadlifts who uses 400lbs./500lbs with a bar is going to be surprised that doing sets with "light" dumbbells is harder than they thought.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 08:16:14 AM »
Dumbbell deadlifts/squats are tough.  I use over 400lbs for deads in my bodybuilding routine at the end of lat training.  Try grabbing two 90lbs dumbbells and holding them at your sides.  Squat until the dumbbells brush or lightly tap the floor. Go that low.   Repeat for 12 slow reps. Now do a couple of sets with this exercise.  I do them at the end of leg training when my legs are already shot.

Using dumbbells has a different feel than squatting or deadlifting with a barbell.  A much greater range of motion. Someone who hasn't tried doing a dumbbell squat/deadlifts who uses 400lbs./500lbs with a bar is going to be surprised that doing sets with "light" dumbbells is harder than they thought.
you tell 'em old timer.