Author Topic: This really upsets me.  (Read 2977 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: This really upsets me.
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 09:56:08 PM »
We're getting $50 trillion of oil - which we now admit will be sent to US firms at above market value - in exchange for 3100 US lives and an eventual 250k to one million Iraqi lives.

Wisest in the utilitarian sense? Okay.

Should I buy a Prius now, or later?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 10:07:47 PM »
Should I buy a Prius now, or later?

Never.  Global warming will never affect us majorly in this lifetime, and we're actually building an oil reserve now that it's coming our way.  Get a Durango and drive it fast.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2007, 11:53:18 PM »
"i support the soldiers but not the war" is such bullshit
people sign up to go to war. so if you support them then you have to support the reason they went.. cant have it both ways.. 90% of those soldiers there, are there because they want to. if you dont agree with the war- then how do you support the people who WANT to fight it? you should say i support the soldiers who dont want to be there- because statements like that piss off the soldiers who DO want to be there

STFU ::)
 I will re word it for you waterhead,since you are too stupid to understand what I meant..."I do not support the war because I think we are there for the wrong reasons,however,I have a great deal of respect for those who are willing to die for this country and what they feel is right.They should be honored for their sacrifice,not disrespected  at their funeral by some nutcase bible thumper...and their families should be left to morn in peace."

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2007, 11:56:12 PM »
You sure?

People sign up to protect America.

if we started 10 wars tomorrow with ten non-threats...

Would those soldiers be fighting to protect America?

Or would they be fighting ten bullshit wars?

People who want to end the war are sad that 4 die a day.  Another question would be - How can YOU say you support the troops when you want them in harms' way and we want them home?

good post, I agree