Author Topic: Is this shit worth it????????????  (Read 18986 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Is this shit worth it????????????
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2007, 09:10:12 AM »
And this, most of all ;D

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2007, 09:11:23 AM »
hahaha! your post just made my day Kiwiol ;D

aight guys have fun. i'm off to take my kid to the skatepark to check out 15yr old hotties :P

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2007, 09:13:04 AM »
hahahahahahahaha.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2007, 09:14:34 AM »
The answer to your question, Sarcasm, lies in all the Animal Pack ads 8)

Remember Sars, you get to wake up at 4.00 am, drag around a 4 gallon bottle etc etc - things that'll make you as happy and hardcore as the man below 8)

Hahahaha, excellent stuff man. (i'm off to clean my kitchen now  :-[)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
Doms is normal.  Pain is not.  If you're in pain, you're doing it wrong.

Hope this helps.
Ron: "I am lazy."

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2007, 09:20:04 AM »
People that only know the basics of training tend to end up with pain in the joints
juicing is not helping either.

I know many big guys with pain in their joints.
Getting big is easy.

Looking big, lean, symmetical, and beeing pain free is hard for the average gym rat.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2007, 09:23:26 AM »
do any of you guys ever get tired of your knees, back, shoulders, elbows, wrists hurting on a daily basis, not being able to bend over and pick things up off the floor 90 percent of the time, i'm not feeling well today but it just got me thinking about all this pain i deal with on a daily basis, nothing really severe just annoying shit, i wish i could be satisfied with being skinny/fat like the average american guy but the thought of it scares me to death, what about you guys? just to let you know, i'm not responding to jokes and flames and bullshit so don't waste your time responding, you won't get a response.

Honestly I think about this quite a bit and have came to the conclusion that no, it's not really worth it, I am in constant pain when I train, especially in my knees and shoulder and my biggest regret (and don't laugh) is gaining more muscle than I really need, now at almost 45 I am actually trying to lose some muscle, if I would have known way back when what I know now I would have done things much differently. The only exercise that I go heavy on is box squats and even that will change but on my second leg day it only consists of going to the track and pulling a sled.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2007, 09:28:54 AM »
Honestly I think about this quite a bit and have came to the conclusion that no, it's not really worth it, I am in constant pain when I train, especially in my knees and shoulder and my biggest regret (and don't laugh) is gaining more muscle than I really need, now at almost 45 I am actually trying to lose some muscle, if I would have known way back when what I know now I would have done things much differently. The only exercise that I go heavy on is box squats and even that will change but on my second leg day it only consists of going to the track and pulling a sled.

Oh yeah, one other thing, once you turn a certain age and realize you can't train like you used to, it's time to re-evaluate your goals, unless you plan on making a living thru bodybuilding, it's not worth it and time to change training protocol!

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2007, 09:30:08 AM »
haha  those animal pak adds are pure comedy.  that guy looks so sad and depressed.  i dont know about other people on here, but training andeating right makes me happy.  nothing like those adds make it look like.  the pic where the lady is standing over him looks like he is bummed because he couldnt get it up and now shes yelling at him for it.  or maybe she just read him the results from last weekends show, haha.
F

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2007, 09:42:52 AM »
Band traction, with jump stretch bands. I started doing it today and has DRAMATICALY Reduced pain in neck and upper back.  http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=06-093-training

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2007, 09:45:53 AM »
haha  those animal pak adds are pure comedy.  that guy looks so sad and depressed.  

Getting last place and a hospital bed next to Luke 'Meltdown' Wood would make anyone depressed. I guess Animal Pak isnt paying thier athletes very well if they live in such a dump. hahah Monster Garage Sale Furnishings.
L

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2007, 09:46:28 AM »
do any of you guys ever get tired of your knees, back, shoulders, elbows, wrists hurting on a daily basis, not being able to bend over and pick things up off the floor 90 percent of the time, i'm not feeling well today but it just got me thinking about all this pain i deal with on a daily basis, nothing really severe just annoying shit, i wish i could be satisfied with being skinny/fat like the average american guy but the thought of it scares me to death, what about you guys? just to let you know, i'm not responding to jokes and flames and bullshit so don't waste your time responding, you won't get a response.

Jesus man. Knock the fucking sand out of it and get back in the game. Pussy!!!! J/K...I know where you're coming from. Wrists and shoulders especially take a beating. It's almost like you feel 30 years older than you really are some days just from trying to pick stuff up off the floor or walking up stairs after heavy lifting. It's just part of it. I believe they make extra strength vagisil though, just incase you have another flare up. ;)

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2007, 09:51:45 AM »
I believe they make extra strength vagisil though, just incase you have another flare up. ;)

hahahaha, this thread has some comedy gold amidst the turds.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2007, 09:52:18 AM »
drop excess weight ie FAT

much healthier for the knees

E
E

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2007, 09:58:43 AM »

E
I was gonna say the same thing...
!

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2007, 09:59:50 AM »

Yes! this is more than just bothersome for those us over 30.  Its actually kind of depressing, I never get a pain free day anymore.  Im not liking my current pain cocktail of celebrex and deca which eases the pain somewhat.  Mentally I wish I could be satisfied @ 180 skinny fat man, but I cant.  Oh well.
Each year gets seemingly worse.

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2007, 10:01:40 AM »
Well I don`t  say  I`m totally painfree but you guys make me feel much much younger.One thing you have to learn it`s to train round your injuries and then when they are healed you always come back and train as usual but even smarter.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2007, 10:04:23 AM »

Yeah, I'm sick and tired of the pain.   The normal soreness is no big thing, but the aching, creaking, popping joints get old.  I've never been competitive (although I lived and breathed that lifestyle in my early 20s) so now I don't feel the need to go to extremes in my 30s (2-a-days, rigid diet, harsh cardio regimen)....there has to be a happy middle in which we train hard, diet smart but not to the point in which we're literally tearing up our bodies and living in constant pain.   I know for some this is hard to imagine, but there is life outside of the gym; plus once you've established a good foundation you don't have bustass to keep it.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »

E

I don't carry a whole lot of fat, besides it doesn't matter if whether you carry 250lbs of fat or 250lbs of muscle, if you have been lifting heavy all your life it's going to take it's toll!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2007, 10:10:40 AM »
Yeah, I'm sick and tired of the pain.   The normal soreness is no big thing, but the aching, creaking, popping joints get old.  I've never been competitive (although I lived and breathed that lifestyle in my early 20s) so now I don't feel the need to go to extremes in my 30s (2-a-days, rigid diet, harsh cardio regimen)....there has to be a happy middle in which we train hard, diet smart but not to the point in which we're literally tearing up our bodies and living in constant pain.   I know for some this is hard to imagine, but there is life outside of the gym; plus once you've established a good foundation you don't have bustass to keep it.
Yo MOS, your avatar is crazy.  :o Was that dude trying to climb out of the ring? lol
!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
I don't carry a whole lot of fat, besides it doesn't matter if whether you carry 250lbs of fat or 250lbs of muscle, if you have been lifting heavy all your life it's going to take it's toll!

This is very true!!

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2007, 10:20:05 AM »
The answer to your question, Sarcasm, lies in all the Animal Pack ads 8)

Remember Sars, you get to wake up at 4.00 am, drag around a 4 gallon bottle etc etc - things that'll make you as happy and hardcore as the man below 8)

Yet another 'spot on' post by the Kiwi.................... ........ 8)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2007, 10:22:45 AM »
I agree. I say it all the time my worst fear in life is 'looking ordinary'. It's a mind-fuck that one day I know I will have to accept but I aint ready now. I dont understand HOW a man...any person DOESNT want overblown thighs and arms and BACK etc...

I look at people and shake my head and wonder if their life is significant. I wonder and TRY to remember the time when I ate whatever I wanted all the time and the thought of building and KEEPING my muscules in a positive nitrogen balance never ever crossed my imagination.

I hate getting IN and OUT of cars. Everytime I do and even do something like tie my shoes or pick up something I dropped on the floor I let out a course of...'Ooh...ow...ooohh...ahhh. ..' like I'm an old man.

I sometimes have to remind myself the same thing. Is it worth it?
?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2007, 10:25:13 AM »
Damn, you guys are pathetic.  :P
!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2007, 10:27:17 AM »

I'll also answer this seriously. You raise a very valid point. I too have a whole lot of niggling aches and pains from a lot of my joints, muscles and what not, which is probably from lifting heavy (for me) all the time. It's funny how you feel nearly crippled at the end of your workout, not to mention being inhumanly exhausted (at least for me, who does high volume) and a day or two later, just as you're near fully recovered from the last workout, go to the gym to put yourself through it all over again.

I think it's basically a special sense of living - kinda like the masochistic soldier who laughs off some nasty wound he sustained in some battle, cause the fact that he willingly and consciously put himself through all that pain gives him pride and a sense of accomplishment. Training 'hardcore' isn't everyone's cup of Tea - I always tell most people who ask me why I train so intensely that I'm bodybuilding, as opposed to their exercising (which is what the majority do), which are in a way, 2 different things, like racing and driving a car from home to work. For those of us who've tasted and learned to like that way of training / 'lifestyle' (I use the term loosely here), I don't think there's any turning back. You can tell that we're feral, just from the way a lot of the tiny tits / metrosexuals stare at us helplessly while we're bending the bar from lifting something so heavy, that our veins stick out and our face goes beet red.

In short, Sarcasm, you're distancing yourself from mediocrity with every single time you visit the gym, which makes you feel alive, like a real man, gives you a feeling of accomplishment, makes you glad you're alive, healthy and strong and gives you a satisfaction that nothing else can, in that way. Socrates once said that 'It's a shame for a man to grow old, without seeing the beauty and strength his body is capable of'. That's what you're proving and you know damn well that the niggling pains are just a small price to pay for the feeling lifting gives us all 8)