Author Topic: Is this shit worth it????????????  (Read 18985 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Is this shit worth it????????????
« on: February 21, 2007, 07:26:10 AM »
do any of you guys ever get tired of your knees, back, shoulders, elbows, wrists hurting on a daily basis, not being able to bend over and pick things up off the floor 90 percent of the time, i'm not feeling well today but it just got me thinking about all this pain i deal with on a daily basis, nothing really severe just annoying shit, i wish i could be satisfied with being skinny/fat like the average american guy but the thought of it scares me to death, what about you guys? just to let you know, i'm not responding to jokes and flames and bullshit so don't waste your time responding, you won't get a response.

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
Re: Is this shit worth it????????????
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 07:29:46 AM »
I always liked the saying "Pain lets you know you're still alive".

Fuck all that other shit, it's peripheral to what your goals are. Working out hard, being sore the next day is just a satisfying way of knowing that your workout actually DID something.

I get pains in my wrists sometimes when pressing, but it doesn't last. Whatever, I don't let it run the way I want to train.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 07:30:22 AM »
Maybe you should take some time off from training and the typical bodybuilding diet. Its not like you can't regain any muscle you may lose once you get back into it.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 07:32:56 AM »
nubain  :)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 07:33:06 AM »
I always liked the saying "Pain lets you know you're still alive".

Fuck all that other shit, it's peripheral to what your goals are. Working out hard, being sore the next day is just a satisfying way of knowing that your workout actually DID something.

I get pains in my wrists sometimes when pressing, but it doesn't last. Whatever, I don't let it run the way I want to train.
no man i'm not talking about the soreness, i love muscle soreness, i'm talking about waking up at 2-3 in the morning with your back, knees and shoulders hurting, waking up with pain, etc., i see normal dudes out at places and they move so easily and pain free without a care in the world about being either skinny, fat or skinny/fat and i wish i could be like that.

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 07:35:13 AM »
no man i'm not talking about the soreness, i love muscle soreness, i'm talking about waking up at 2-3 in the morning with your back, knees and shoulders hurting, waking up with pain, etc., i see normal dudes out at places and they move so easily and pain free without a care in the world about being either skinny, fat or skinny/fat and i wish i could be like that.

Hmm, maybe you should see a doctor then. Waking up from pain isn't normal. That's the best advice I can give.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 07:36:44 AM »
Squadfather, you may benefit from seeing a good chiropractor on a regular basis. 
 :-*
:)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 07:36:59 AM »
Hmm, maybe you should see a doctor then. Waking up from pain isn't normal. That's the best advice I can give.
come on man you know what the doctors advice is, "stop lifting" ::) you may as well ask me to stop breathing, what i'm asking is that do some of you ever wonder if it's all worth it?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 07:38:05 AM »
i'm normally not like this but i think i might be coming down with the flu so i'm feeling sorry for myself i guess.

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 07:38:19 AM »
the Squadfather might almost die for us bitches!
F

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 07:38:43 AM »
bottom line is yes it's worth it.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 07:39:27 AM »
yeah i agree with you, you lift brutally heavy SS, do you ever have pain?

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 07:40:21 AM »
do any of you guys ever get tired of your knees, back, shoulders, elbows, wrists hurting on a daily basis, not being able to bend over and pick things up off the floor 90 percent of the time, i'm not feeling well today but it just got me thinking about all this pain i deal with on a daily basis, nothing really severe just annoying shit, i wish i could be satisfied with being skinny/fat like the average american guy but the thought of it scares me to death, what about you guys? just to let you know, i'm not responding to jokes and flames and bullshit so don't waste your time responding, you won't get a response.

My neck has been killing me lately.  Other than that I am o.k - do you stretch before working out ?? I always stretch my entire body for 5mins before any weights or even cardio....
K

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 07:40:43 AM »
Sarc...

Steve McQueen once said:

"If you work hard enough, you get the goodies" 8)

I believe that.

The pain and sacrifice.. is it all worth it?

Well, I suggest you look up some old high school buddies of yours. Look at them, and then look at yourself.

There's your answer.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 07:41:03 AM »
come on man you know what the doctors advice is, "stop lifting" ::) you may as well ask me to stop breathing, what i'm asking is that do some of you ever wonder if it's all worth it?

Dude, hell yeah its worth it. I look forward to my gym visit every day, seeing improvement every week, lifting heavier and heavier every week...

That sums it up.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 07:41:32 AM »
just take an asprin if you are having trouble it will help with inflamation..... and maybe its your body telling you to take a break..... maybe take a week off

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 07:41:55 AM »
Sarc...

Steve McQueen once said:

"If you work hard enough, you get the goodies" 8)

I believe that.

The pain and sacrifice.. is it all worth it?

Well, I suggest you look up some old high school buddies of yours. Look at them, and then look at yourself.

There's your answer.

-Hedge
very good post.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 07:42:09 AM »
truthfully? i'm glad i switched to PL for that reason. i never get sore any more, since i'm never doing sets that cause that kind of a deep burn. my joints ache sometimes but even after a mammoth squat day i'm fine to jog the next morning.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 07:42:30 AM »
i'm normally not like this but i think i might be coming down with the flu so i'm feeling sorry for myself i guess.
that can have a lot to do where you live Sars.

once i moved away from the midwest to AZ i noticed a lot of that crap disappeared..........I feel much more healthier now.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 07:48:05 AM »
yeah i agree with you, you lift brutally heavy SS, do you ever have pain?
yes but i think that comes with age.

imagine how a football player feels when he gets older.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 07:48:26 AM »
Sometimes being sore and in pain makes me realize that I am actually training and progressing with my regimen. Yeah it sucks if say the day after blasting legs you need to carry the vaccum cleaner up a flight of stairs, or stand in line at the airport....but i guess thats the price you pay. The only thing in life that comes easy is death, cause life is hard.
The Number 2 in Scranton

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 07:49:41 AM »
Sometimes being sore and in pain makes me realize that I am actually training and progressing with my regimen. Yeah it sucks if say the day after blasting legs you need to carry the vaccum cleaner up a flight of stairs, or stand in line at the airport....but i guess thats the price you pay. The only thing in life that comes easy is death, cause life is hard.
yeah that's normal pain. i think the pain that Sars is talking about is flu like.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 07:50:40 AM »
Yup, it's worth it. I've learned to like Motrin, when necessary. Keep that A train moving. 

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 07:51:22 AM »
Yup, it's worth it. I've learned to like Motrin, when necessary. Keep that A train moving. 

what is Motrin - fiber ?
K

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 07:52:55 AM »
No, it's strong ibuprofen if I'm not mistaken. Women take it when it's "that time of the month" for menstrual cramping.