Author Topic: The Iraq victory declaration has been leaked  (Read 1058 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
The Iraq victory declaration has been leaked
« on: February 21, 2007, 01:26:49 PM »
This is what we went to war for... and now we have it.

http://www.al-ghad.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/iraqi_oil_law.pdf

It's a 29-page legal document - so it won't be recreational reading. But here's a blogger's summary...

This law legalizes PSAs (production sharing agreements) in Iraq. Iraq will be the only country in the middle east with such contracts privatising Iraqi oil and giving foreign companies crazy rates of profit that may reach to more than three fourth of the general revenue. Iraq and Iraqis need every Dinar that comes from oil sales. In addition to the financial aspects of this law, it can be considered the funding tool for splitting Iraq into three states. It undermines the central government and distributes oil revenues directly to the three regions, which sets the foundations for what Iraq's enemies are trying to achieve in terms of establishing three independent states.

http://raedinthemiddle.blogspot.com/search/label/Iraqi%20Oil%20Law

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: The Iraq victory declaration has been leaked
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 01:31:29 PM »
Uh, yeah. I'd rather read this from some other source than a blogger. Until I see a reputable source this is just conjecture in my opinion.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 01:47:34 PM »
Until I see a reputable source this is just conjecture in my opinion.

Well, that PDF is the final draft version of the law, apparently. [It seems beyond belief that someone would forge something like that.] So feel free to read it yourself. I don't have the stomach for it. But this guy is hardly the first to zero in on this. For example:

http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/43045/

If you want to wait, I'm sure the BBC will be reporting something like this before Independence Day...

"Bush administration officials today denied accusations that Iraq's new oil production sharing agreements allow foreign corporations a disproportionate share of the war-torn country's oil revenue..."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 01:50:57 PM »
Private firms managing iraqi oil? for non-market rates?

beach bum has been saying for months that this is nonsense.

many of us have been saying for months that this is exactly the plan.

now that the writing is on the wall, i think we should deliver beach bukkake our collective testicular payloads. 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »
Private firms managing iraqi oil?   

As I recall, the points our adversaries kept harping on were that it's still "their" oil and "we" don't profit from it.

As always, it depends on what "is" is...  ::)

Yes, the oil will still legally belong to the Iraqi government. It's just that some friendly white folks from ExxonMobil and Halliburton will be helping them "manage" it.

And when they get a little [well, maybe big] thank-you check for their troubles, that's not "we" the American government profiting - it's some oil companies.

Surely it should be easy enough for you to distinguish between the two!

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 02:11:49 PM »
Oil is never stolen - it is contractually purchased at a price below market value, solely by one firm affiliated with the nation "stealing it" - in this case the USA.  This has never been a secret.  Terms are disclosed but oddly they don't receive the media coverage commensurate with motive for war, which it truly was.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 02:07:28 PM »
Well, that PDF is the final draft version of the law, apparently. [It seems beyond belief that someone would forge something like that.] So feel free to read it yourself. I don't have the stomach for it. But this guy is hardly the first to zero in on this. For example:

http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/43045/

If you want to wait, I'm sure the BBC will be reporting something like this before Independence Day...

"Bush administration officials today denied accusations that Iraq's new oil production sharing agreements allow foreign corporations a disproportionate share of the war-torn country's oil revenue..."

Hi, thread that people were requesting.