Author Topic: To branch off of MM69's thread  (Read 6246 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
To branch off of MM69's thread
« on: February 21, 2007, 05:01:35 PM »
If we chose to execute all murderers or take away abortion, which would you choose?  It's a life either way and either way it is thinning out the US population.

I prefer to kill those who are on death row or serving life but then again, I have a punitive nature about me.

Squishy face retard

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
Re: To branch off of MM69's thread
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 05:17:09 PM »
anyone that has been proven beyond any doubt to have commited murder, execute them.  saddam style.

there is nothing an unborn child has done to deserve to die. 
W

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:18:24 PM »
anyone that has been proven beyond any doubt to have commited murder, execute them.  saddam style.

there is nothing an unborn child has done to deserve to die. 
I totally agree.  How can amnesty international support these things and then the same hippy liberal minded people say that a woman should be able to kill her unborn child?  Damn, maybe I should move to India because if I want to kill my wife, they just don't care.   ;D
Squishy face retard

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 05:42:52 PM »
Apples and oranges.

Murderers are independent biological organisms capable of sustaining their own lives.

Legally abortable fetuses are parasitic biological organisms incapable of life without the support of a host organism. [They're also usually too small to see with the naked eye.  ::) ]

I would express a hope that this will help. But I know it won't.  :)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 05:54:09 PM »
Apples and oranges.

Murderers are independent biological organisms capable of sustaining their own lives.

Legally abortable fetuses are parasitic biological organisms incapable of life without the support of a host organism. [They're also usually too small to see with the naked eye.  ::) ]

You call a baby a 'parasite', and yet still expect to be taken seriously in this debate?

Or do you already realise you won't be?
Thread Killer

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 05:59:35 PM »
Apples and oranges.

So you wouldn't liken abortion to genocide?  According to your position about parasitic leeches, can we exterminate all those who leech of us workers and collect welfare? They cannot sustain themselves without aid.  How about the starving people around the world that receive aid?  They are leeches.  Without you 5 dollar/month contribution they would die.  It is a rough analogy but it fits.
Squishy face retard

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 06:00:37 PM »
So you wouldn't liken abortion to genocide?  According to your position about parasitic leeches, can we exterminate all those who leech of us workers and collect welfare? They cannot sustain themselves without aid.  How about the starving people around the world that receive aid?  They are leeches.  Without you 5 dollar/month contribution they would die.  It is a rough analogy but it fits.

Yes, once we decide who lives and who dies in this matter the line becomes blurred in a number of forms.
Thread Killer

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »
Yes, once we decide who lives and who dies in this matter the line becomes blurred in a number of forms.
The Jews were considered leeches, but hey they were "unwanted".   :'(
Squishy face retard

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 06:06:22 PM »
The Jews were considered leeches, but hey they were "unwanted".   :'(

Once you describe a child in the womb as a 'parasite', the next step - assessing an adult human as such - is not far away.  The difference is the child cannot defend itself.
Thread Killer

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 06:15:37 PM »

Oh brother.. I think everyone can distinguish a fetus from a fully formed human being.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 06:19:56 PM »
Oh brother.. I think everyone can distinguish a fetus from a fully formed human being.

You would agree that a foetus is a 'parasite'?  Or is it just my posts you disagree with?
Thread Killer

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 06:20:15 PM »
You call a baby a 'parasite', and yet still expect to be taken seriously in this debate?

I don't expect to ever be taken seriously by you, Bruce. So why not have some fun in the meantime?  :)

But I did fully expect that my use of an unsentimental scientific term would would put you fetus-fetishists in a tizzy. After you take a moment to fan yourself to a state of relative calmness, let me refer you to the American Heritage Dictionary...

parasite - NOUN: 1. Biology An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

http://www.bartleby.com/61/52/P0065200.html

Conservatism's well-documented antipathy to scientific fact aside, do you actually disagree with any of that?

And if not, what exactly about my use of the word put your panties in a bunch? It didn't show deference to your tender feelings about the fetus?

Well, what can I tell you, Bruce? If you want to morally equate a microscopic agglomeration of cells with Anne Frank, no force on earth will be able to stop you.

But don't expect me to take you seriously.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 06:21:56 PM »
You would agree that a foetus is a 'parasite'?  Or is it just my posts you disagree with?

It lives off mommy so technically it is a parasite.  ;)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 06:24:12 PM »
Lives off my taxes via welfare=parasite.
Squishy face retard

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 06:24:49 PM »

It's not, but thanks for clearing up for me that you are another member not to take seriously on this debate.

Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 06:27:02 PM »
I don't expect to ever be taken seriously by you, Bruce. So why not have some fun in the meantime?  :)

But I did fully expect that my use of an unsentimental scientific term would would put you fetus-fetishists in a tizzy. After you take a moment to fan yourself to a state of relative calmness, let me refer you to the American Heritage Dictionary...

parasite - NOUN: 1. Biology An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

http://www.bartleby.com/61/52/P0065200.html

Conservatism's well-documented antipathy to scientific fact aside, do you actually disagree with any of that?

And if not, what exactly about my use of the word put your panties in a bunch? It didn't show deference to your tender feelings about the fetus?

Well, what can I tell you, Bruce? If you want to morally equate a microscopic agglomeration of cells with Anne Frank, no force on earth will be able to stop you.

But don't expect me to take you seriously.

The sorry truth is I want to take you seriously - but you confirm for me that you have already awarded me that same distinction by responding to my post at length - even if you are totally misguided.
Thread Killer

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 06:27:27 PM »

I agree. Maybe the worst parasites of all.  >:(

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 06:27:59 PM »
I agree. Maybe the worst parasites of all.  >:(
See, we don't disagree on everything.  8)
Squishy face retard

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 06:32:25 PM »
One thing is for sure, abortion is one hell of a debate topic and everyone has an opinion. Of course, this board is no different.

While the term parasite is cold and unfeeling and certainly not a term I would ever use I don't think anyone can actually disagree with the fact that it's scientifically correct.

I wonder if this issue would be as intense if Religion was completely taken out of the equation, I know it can't ever be but I don't think people's opinions would be as polarizing if it were.

In my opinion it comes down to one simple fact and that is it's no one's business what a woman does with her body up until the time when law recognizes the fetus as an individual. I don't like abortion, in fact I find the idea of vacuuming out the fetus to be repugnant but that doesn't mean it's my place to tell a woman she can't do it.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 06:32:42 PM »
The sorry truth is I want to take you seriously - but you confirm for me that you have already awarded me that same distinction by responding to my post at length - even if you are totally misguided.

In your reply to Camel Jockey, you repeat your insistence - as usual, without any supporting material - that a fetus is not a parasite.

I await your reasoned explanation of why a legally abortable fetus does not meet the American Heritage Dictionary's biological definition of a parasite.

Or are you going to try to weasel out of this by claiming that the American Heritage Dictionary is a left-wing rag?  :)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 06:36:34 PM »
In your reply to Camel Jockey, you repeat your insistence - as usual, without any supporting material - that a fetus is not a parasite.

I await your reasoned explanation of why a legally abortable fetus does not meet the American Heritage Dictionary's biological definition of a parasite.

Or are you going to try to weasel out of this by claiming that the American Heritage Dictionary is a left-wing rag?  :)

Care to join me in The Cage, so that we may adequately debate this?  Consider that a challenge.

In the mean time, take a look at this definition:

Parasitism is one version of symbiosis ("living together"), a phenomenon in which two organisms which are phylogenetically unrelated co-exist over a prolonged period of time, usually the lifetime of one of the individuals.

Shall I go on?
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 06:39:46 PM »

You might want to get used to a lot more people living off your taxes if abortion is ever banned.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 06:40:55 PM »
In my opinion it comes down to one simple fact and that is it's no one's business what a woman does with her body up until the time when law recognizes the fetus as an individual.

Simple enough for people who actually believe in individual liberty. But conservatives - pious lip service to the contrary - believe in nothing of the kind.

They're concerned about their own liberties, of course - particularly keeping their money at liberty from the IRS.

But the idea of a woman being at liberty to enjoy sex without the fear of unwanted pregnancy, a man being at liberty to unwind with a a pipe full of marijuana, or a country being at liberty not to allow us access to their resources, fills their power-craving hearts with blind hatred.

Hope this helps.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »
Shall I go on?

No, thank you.  :)

Instead, please respond to my simple request to dispute the definition offered by my commonly-referenced [and linked] source - rather than trying to create a smokescreen with your obscure [and unlinked] one.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 06:45:47 PM »
From Merriam-Webster's Dictionary.

2 : an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitism

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/parasite