Author Topic: Tony Snow and White House Reporters Slam The ‘Hateful,’ ‘Polarized’ Blogosphere  (Read 3090 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Welcome to American Politics Tony Snow ::)  Fact of the matter is this Admin their actions have fued the polarization of the population...  Well duh, you're going to see it manifest in the people's voices... That is who the bloggers are... To bad for Tony they still only have the motive of expressing their opinions... The corporations haven't quite figured out how to get Joe down at BloggerStation6.com to shut the fuck up.

In a press roundtable at the National Press Club tonight, White House Press Secretary Tony Snow led a discussion with White House correspondents about the impact of the internet on their respective jobs. Their conclusion? They don’t like being challenged by blogs.

NBC News’ David Gregory bemoaned how political coverage has “become so polarized in this country…because it’s the internet and the blogs that have really used this White House press conferences to somehow support positions out in America, political views.” Tony Snow admitted he sometimes reads blogs (”I’ll occasionally punch it up”) only to find “wonderful, imaginative hateful stuff that comes flying out.”

CONT...

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/20/snow-reporters-blogs/

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Welcome to American Politics Tony Snow ::)  Fact of the matter is this Admin their actions have fued the polarization of the population...  Well duh, you're going to see it manifest in the people's voices... That is who the bloggers are... To bad for Tony they still only have the motive of expressing their opinions... The corporations haven't quite figured out how to get Joe down at BloggerStation6.com to shut the fuck up.

In a press roundtable at the National Press Club tonight, White House Press Secretary Tony Snow led a discussion with White House correspondents about the impact of the internet on their respective jobs. Their conclusion? They don’t like being challenged by blogs.

NBC News’ David Gregory bemoaned how political coverage has “become so polarized in this country…because it’s the internet and the blogs that have really used this White House press conferences to somehow support positions out in America, political views.” Tony Snow admitted he sometimes reads blogs (”I’ll occasionally punch it up”) only to find “wonderful, imaginative hateful stuff that comes flying out.”

CONT...

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/20/snow-reporters-blogs/

The blogosphere is polarized but mainly because most conservatives keep to themselves.
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
The blogosphere is polarized but mainly because most conservatives keep to themselves.
LOL... Gotta go HUH ??? on that one...

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
LOL... Gotta go HUH ??? on that one...

I mean seriously, and i'm not talking about the O'reilly/Hannity/Rush conservatives. I'm talking about the majority of the repub party that lives in middle america that doesn't spend much time on the bolgosphere. I have to admit the only blogs I have read are from the hot girls on Myspace that discuss how they are having a bad hair day. The far left liberals outweigh the far right conservatives (hence the mid term outcome) and are a younger generation that spends more time doing things like blogging.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bush said last week that he "welcomes debate" on the topics and that it's good for AMerica.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
I forget...

Was the Nazi Propaganda Minister tried at Nuremburg?

Not that there's any connection, of course.  ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I mean seriously, and i'm not talking about the O'reilly/Hannity/Rush conservatives. I'm talking about the majority of the repub party that lives in middle america that doesn't spend much time on the bolgosphere. I have to admit the only blogs I have read are from the hot girls on Myspace that discuss how they are having a bad hair day. The far left liberals outweigh the far right conservatives (hence the mid term outcome) and are a younger generation that spends more time doing things like blogging.
I'm not sure we're connecting on the use of "Polarized"

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Bush said last week that he "welcomes debate" on the topics and that it's good for AMerica.

I could care less which news outlet or blos spot is for whichever candidate. Debate is good, look at us here. I just wish more people could weigh both sides and make a decision.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I could care less which news outlet or blos spot is for whichever candidate. Debate is good, look at us here. I just wish more people could weigh both sides and make a decision.

some people consider the blogs to be bad when they do things like point out big holes in govt versions of events.  Like, that object flying in and striking WTC6.  It cannot be denied that *something* flew in very fast from above wtc1/2 and nailed the building below.  Independent of the planes - 2 seconds after the plane had hit.

some people get upset when bloggers ask what that was, was it a missile, etc.

why would they?  it's healthy debate over a historical event.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
some people consider the blogs to be bad when they do things like point out big holes in govt versions of events.  Like, that object flying in and striking WTC6.  It cannot be denied that *something* flew in very fast from above wtc1/2 and nailed the building below.  Independent of the planes - 2 seconds after the plane had hit.

some people get upset when bloggers ask what that was, was it a missile, etc.

why would they?  it's healthy debate over a historical event.

Like I said I don't care what people blog about. You know how I feel about 9/11 but that is a different topic. I do feel though that without cable news networks, blogs and the internet the country wouldn't be near as divided. I think to much media is a bad thing.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I do feel though that without cable news networks, blogs and the internet the country wouldn't be near as divided. I think to much media is a bad thing.

IMO, the media explosions means the nations knows the TRUTH about what is going on.  Is that a bad thing?

Without the blogs/web/cable news:
---No one would know any of the holes in the 911 story
---No one would know Bush exxagerated WMD threat
---No one would know true indignity of Saddam hanging
---No one would know Iran wants debates and nuke agreement, but we don't.

Without the media, we'd believe Bush.  People who still believe bush (1 in 4 now) might see the media as a bad thing. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
IMO, the media explosions means the nations knows the TRUTH about what is going on.  Is that a bad thing?

Without the blogs/web/cable news:
---No one would know any of the holes in the 911 story
---No one would know Bush exxagerated WMD threat
---No one would know true indignity of Saddam hanging
---No one would know Iran wants debates and nuke agreement, but we don't.

Without the media, we'd believe Bush.  People who still believe bush (1 in 4 now) might see the media as a bad thing. 

240 don't play foolish, if you were to use that anology, the only thing we would have are the 3 major networks and lord knows they wouldn't put anything good about Bush on the TV. I don't know why you waste so much energy bashing Bush with every response even when I didn't mention a thing about it in my comment.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
240 don't play foolish, if you were to use that anology, the only thing we would have are the 3 major networks and lord knows they wouldn't put anything good about Bush on the TV. I don't know why you waste so much energy bashing Bush with every response even when I didn't mention a thing about it in my comment.

Do you feel the govt influences what the corporate controlled media covers, when the item goes BEYOND partisan politics and actually affects the bottom lines of the companies that own both tv studios and bombmaking factories?

"If they knew about 9/11, they would tell us" is the stupidest line.  Polls show that 1/3 of Americans believe 911 was an inside job.  This is a fact.  Now, 911 is the biggest event of our lives and ONE THIRD of people believe it was a self attack.

Why the F wouldn't the media cover such a HUGE story?

Maybe 1/3 of the population gives a shit about Anna nicole and its all over TV. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Do you feel the govt influences what the corporate controlled media covers, when the item goes BEYOND partisan politics and actually affects the bottom lines of the companies that own both tv studios and bombmaking factories?

"If they knew about 9/11, they would tell us" is the stupidest line.  Polls show that 1/3 of Americans believe 911 was an inside job.  This is a fact.  Now, 911 is the biggest event of our lives and ONE THIRD of people believe it was a self attack.

Why the F wouldn't the media cover such a HUGE story?

Maybe 1/3 of the population gives a shit about Anna nicole and its all over TV. 

I never said they would tell us, and as far as industry affecting the stations? I don't know enough to comment. I do Know that all media outlets have political motives behind them. I do think that FOX is the only one supporting the right, I wouldn't call them balanced, but I know I can sit through 4 hours of MSNBC on not hear one conservative point of view. On FOX they bring libs on, even if they cut them off when they start to talk you usually get a few sentences of the left point of view.
gotta love life

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
I forget...

Was the Nazi Propaganda Minister tried at Nuremburg?

Not that there's any connection, of course.  ;)

no..goebbels and his family killed themselves way before that..
footloose and fancy free

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I never said they would tell us, and as far as industry affecting the stations? I don't know enough to comment. I do Know that all media outlets have political motives behind them. I do think that FOX is the only one supporting the right, I wouldn't call them balanced, but I know I can sit through 4 hours of MSNBC on not hear one conservative point of view. On FOX they bring libs on, even if they cut them off when they start to talk you usually get a few sentences of the left point of view.

that's a very healthy observation.

the reason 3/4 of the major media outlets are LEFT is that 3/4 of the population is now against this war.

RIght after 9/11, 4/4 of the major media outlets were behind Bush.  And if the support dropped to 5% from its current 25%, FOX would jump ship too. 

But, none of them will break the code of the "greater good" and talk about 9/11.  CNN tears Bush up, but they have a standing order to NEVER play WTC7 collapse.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
that's a very healthy observation.

the reason 3/4 of the major media outlets are LEFT is that 3/4 of the population is now against this war.

RIght after 9/11, 4/4 of the major media outlets were behind Bush.  And if the support dropped to 5% from its current 25%, FOX would jump ship too. 

But, none of them will break the code of the "greater good" and talk about 9/11.  CNN tears Bush up, but they have a standing order to NEVER play WTC7 collapse.

This is kind of a chicken before the Egg argument. Maybe the 3/4 of the population is against the war because 3/4 of the media tells them to be. As much as you and I would like to thikn otherwise, Americans are very gullable on politics because they don't do any follow up. I would bet that if all the media did was talk good , the polls would be different. It's really a moot point. When the next president takes over the media will turn on them also and we will be back in the same boat.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Maybe the 3/4 of the population is against the war because 3/4 of the media tells them to be.

LOL!  Surely you're joking.

The FACTS have swayed the opinions of America.  THe media didn't make up these things.  They simply covered them.

I'm seriously hoping you were kidding there.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
LOL!  Surely you're joking.

The FACTS have swayed the opinions of America.  THe media didn't make up these things.  They simply covered them.

I'm seriously hoping you were kidding there.

Not always true, are you saying FOX is making up everything they say? FOX and MSNBC say 2 totally different things. Which are the facts?
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Not always true, are you saying FOX is making up everything they say? FOX and MSNBC say 2 totally different things. Which are the facts?

i'm saying they take particular slants to meet the beliefs of the viewers.  Could MSNBC have come out with bush-hating olbermann right after 911?  HELL no.  nobody would have watched! 

But, Olbermanns ratings have gone from 10% of Oreilly's audience, to 50% of Oreillys - because american opinion wants to hear an anti-bush voice.

FOX and MSNBC both report the facts.  MSNBC reports the things Bush has done which have hurt America.  FOX gives the reasons why Bush has done these thigns which "some argue could potentially harm a little".  ya know?  They just tell the same stuff differently, but both are usually facts.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
I do feel though that without cable news networks, blogs and the internet the country wouldn't be near as divided. I think to much media is a bad thing.

Unreal.

"The more knowledge people have about what its government is doing, the worse things are."

I don't agree with your belief system, but you're welcome to it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Unreal.
"The more knowledge people have about what its government is doing, the worse things are."
I don't agree with your belief system, but you're welcome to it. 

He's a military man.  Sounds like he believes: Order is achieved when people all adhere to the same set of beliefs, no matter how false they are.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

I was a terrible military man.  That whole "we've got people to do the thinking for you" mindset just didn't mesh with my personality.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
He's a military man.  Sounds like he believes: Order is achieved when people all adhere to the same set of beliefs, no matter how false they are.

You know that isn't what I think. I do believe to much media can be bad. You can't deny the media coverage affect the way the war is fought.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
You know that isn't what I think. I do believe to much media can be bad. You can't deny the media coverage affect the way the war is fought.

Cause the media shows everything?