Author Topic: The last rat abandons the sinking ship  (Read 2978 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
The last rat abandons the sinking ship
« on: February 22, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »
McCain: Bush Pursuit of Iraq a 'Train Wreck'

McCain Slams Bush Administration on Iraq and Global Warming, Criticizes Both Cheney and Rumsfeld

Proving that presidential infighting isn't just for Democrats, Republican front-runner Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., took several sharply worded shots at the Bush administration this week, distancing himself from an unpopular president and an unpopular war while wooing the right Republicans who put the president in power and once before denied McCain the White House.

McCain's latest anti-Bush tirade came during a joint appearance Wednesday in California with Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican.

The two leaders met to discuss energy and the environment, but the subject turned to Iraq.

Though McCain is a staunch supporter of the president's plan to add troops in Iraq, the 2000 Bush foe and 2008 contender called Bush's initial pursuit of the Iraq War "a train wreck" and labeled the administration's record on global warming as "terrible."

During McCain's appearance with Schwarzenegger on the docks of the Los Angeles Harbor, the senator recalled "no cooperation from the administration" at recent Senate hearings on global warming and described Bush's recent commitment to global warming as "long overdue."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=2895526&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: The last rat abandons the sinking ship
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »
There are still plenty of rats who blindfolded go to there homes every night and cannot see the impending price we will pay for the mess BUSH and every lawmaker who voted for the iraq war created for us.

Thank you jack ass politicians.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:23:34 PM »
Britney Spears is usually referred to as a "train wreck" these days.

And she famously appeared in Fahrenheit 9/11 as saying we should trust every decision Bush makes.

Makes you wonder...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 04:43:18 PM »
This is not surprising

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:51:12 PM »

And she famously appeared in Fahrenheit 9/11 as saying we should trust every decision Bush makes.

Makes you wonder...

Somebody needs to run with this! I see a glorified youtube/google parody in the works. haha

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »

Makes you wonder...

Whereas the maker of said documentary supports every decision John Kerry makes.

Kinda stupid to rely on such people when assessing the viability of a political doctrine, isn't it?  That's the thing with democracy, everyone gets a say - even you.
Thread Killer

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 08:45:12 PM »
bush is backing guiliani.. mccain makes bush look bad-makes guiliani look bad

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 08:56:48 PM »
I don't know if it's so much a case of a last rat deserting a sinking ship, as much as it is a case  of politicking at it's most transparent.  People have a tendency to hear and remember only what they want to, or only what they choose to. With Mccain singing Bushes praises one day, while bashing him the next, he could be hoping to boost his numbers. Those who support bush, will simply remember mccain's statements of support, ...while those who hate bush, might view Mccain's anti-bush statements, as the sign of a man who knows which end is up. Six of this, a half dozen of the other. I think the man is just courting votes.
w

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 09:44:21 PM »
hes not a rat. he has served this country honorably, was tortured as fellow americans coverted with the enemies. 

but i do see how the metaphor fits here
Valhalla awaits.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 06:12:23 AM »
McCain: Bush Pursuit of Iraq a 'Train Wreck'

McCain Slams Bush Administration on Iraq and Global Warming, Criticizes Both Cheney and Rumsfeld

Proving that presidential infighting isn't just for Democrats, Republican front-runner Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., took several sharply worded shots at the Bush administration this week, distancing himself from an unpopular president and an unpopular war while wooing the right Republicans who put the president in power and once before denied McCain the White House.

McCain's latest anti-Bush tirade came during a joint appearance Wednesday in California with Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican.

The two leaders met to discuss energy and the environment, but the subject turned to Iraq.

Though McCain is a staunch supporter of the president's plan to add troops in Iraq, the 2000 Bush foe and 2008 contender called Bush's initial pursuit of the Iraq War "a train wreck" and labeled the administration's record on global warming as "terrible."

During McCain's appearance with Schwarzenegger on the docks of the Los Angeles Harbor, the senator recalled "no cooperation from the administration" at recent Senate hearings on global warming and described Bush's recent commitment to global warming as "long overdue."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=2895526&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Just another crackhead politician saying what "needs" to be said. Not saying I disagree with him but he would say what people want him to say just like every other politician out there.
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 07:22:37 AM »
Just another crackhead politician saying what "needs" to be said. Not saying I disagree with him but he would say what people want him to say just like every other politician out there.

That's something we always have to take into consideration when we "quote politicians" to support a point we make.  A good example would be the statements amde for and against the idea that Saddam was a threat prior to the iraq invasion.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 07:50:13 AM »
That's something we always have to take into consideration when we "quote politicians" to support a point we make.  A good example would be the statements amde for and against the idea that Saddam was a threat prior to the iraq invasion.

Very true. We all like to think that when a politician runs on a particular topic that means they will do something about it. GOPers hoped for it 6 years ago and haven't seen shit and now Dems won't see shit with the new congress in power. They just want to be there, and could care less about doing anything meaningful.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 07:55:22 AM »

Would you vote for him in the 2008 election?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 08:02:53 AM »
He's turned into the candidate that will say anything to get himself nominated. Wasn't he just a supporter of Bush and his new plan?

With McCain turning into everything that' despicable about Politicians I hope Obama starts shining as a potential leader. Without McCain I have no idea who I'm voting for.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 08:17:56 AM »
Very true. We all like to think that when a politician runs on a particular topic that means they will do something about it. GOPers hoped for it 6 years ago and haven't seen shit and now Dems won't see shit with the new congress in power. They just want to be there, and could care less about doing anything meaningful.

I don't think that's true of either side.  They both have an agenda and the interests to protect of the "money" that helped them get elected.  They may feel passionate about their causes even when they have to sell their souls on other issues to get them into action.  Such is the burden of politics.  Such is our burden passed down.

What i find interesting, is even when there's a "mandate", one party controlling both houses and the presidency, still nothing gets done as fast as it should.  I've seen this with both parties.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 08:30:09 AM »
Would you vote for him in the 2008 election?

No and I have said that for a long time. I really don't like him and don't see him standing firm for what he believes.
gotta love life

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 09:22:36 AM »
I don't get it.

Why are the Christian Conservatives pushing their agenda and trying to tie the hands of McCain and Giuliani on the Abortion issue?

If they would back off that issue, the chance of a Republican candidate winning more swing votes increases.

Don't they see that they're only hurting their own cause by bringing the focus to such issues?  ???

I suppose they rather see a Republican in the office rather than a Democrat, right?

Right? Right?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 09:27:05 AM »
I don't get it.

Why are the Christian Conservatives pushing their agenda and trying to tie the hands of McCain and Giuliani on the Abortion issue?

If they would back off that issue, the chance of a Republican candidate winning more swing votes increases.

Don't they see that they're only hurting their own cause by bringing the focus to such issues?  ???

I suppose they rather see a Republican in the office rather than a Democrat, right?

Right? Right?

-Hedge

I want the candidate that best stand for issues I hold dear to me heart, No matter the party
gotta love life