Author Topic: honor killin in britain: famly was getting too "westernized" for father  (Read 12199 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
why didnt he stay in camel country?

"A father killed his wife and four daughters in their sleep because he could not bear them adopting a more westernised lifestyle, an inquest heard yesterday.

Mohammed Riaz, 49, found it abhorrent that his eldest daughter wanted to be a fashion designer, and that she and her sisters were likely to reject the Muslim tradition of arranged marriages. On Hallowe’en last year he sprayed petrol throughout their terraced home in Accrington, Lancs, and set it alight.

Caneze Riaz, 39, woke and tried to protect her three-year-old child, Hannah, who was sleeping with her, but was overcome by fumes. Her other daughters, Sayrah, 16, Sophia, 13, and Alisha, 10, died elsewhere in the house. Riaz, who had spent the evening drinking, set himself on fire and died two days later. ...

Riaz, who had spent all but the last 17 years of his life in the North West Frontier region of Pakistan, met his Anglo-Pakistani wife when her father sent her to the sub-continent to find a husband.

After an arranged marriage, she developed a career as a community leader in Accrington while he, handicapped by a lack of English, took on a series of low-paid jobs.

After Mrs Riaz’s father died she “suddenly felt less beholden to Mohammed”, a friend said. “She started to develop her own circle of friends and allowed the girls to express themselves in a more western way.”

She began to work with women who felt suppressed by Asian culture and many saw her as a role model for young Asian women."
Valhalla awaits.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: honor killin in britain: famly was getting too "westernized" for father
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 04:07:01 PM »
Very, very sad. A three year old killed at that.  :'(
The House that Ruth built

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 04:09:13 PM »
 :o >:(
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 04:21:28 PM »
Any link?
Thread Killer

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 04:30:57 PM »
looking on the bright side, there's a few less of 'em now. hmmm now if the rest would take heed

sandycoosworth

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 05:14:50 PM »
it was the wifes fault .. she let the infidel western pig ways of life into their union

shout out to allah1

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 05:24:35 PM »
Absolute bullshit.. I feel really angry now.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 05:48:52 PM »
The son is dying of leukemia in the hospital, and they had to tell him his whole family is wiped out, so he gets to die alone, knowing that.  :'(

http://dvmemorial.wordpress.com/2006/11/06/caneze-riaz-daughters/

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 07:01:49 PM »
The son is dying of leukemia in the hospital, and they had to tell him his whole family is wiped out, so he gets to die alone, knowing that.  :'(

http://dvmemorial.wordpress.com/2006/11/06/caneze-riaz-daughters/

tragic..

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 07:04:22 PM »
looking on the bright side, there's a few less of 'em now. hmmm now if the rest would take heed

Why does it not surprise me a Leeds fan said this?

You didn't happen to visit Turkey a few years back?
Thread Killer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 07:48:16 PM »
Muslim won't just get you... It'll get your whole family, because you're fucking NUTS!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 12:07:33 AM »
And of course we've never heard of murder/suicide or infanticide here in the "Western World"?  :-\
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 07:35:53 AM »
And of course we've never heard of murder/suicide or infanticide here in the "Western World"?  :-\

Not becuase someone's daughter wanted to be a fashion designer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 01:25:12 PM »
Not becuase someone's daughter wanted to be a fashion designer

I will admit it's definitely different, but is it any worse than mothers who kill their children so they aren't "warped into sinners" by the world?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »
...or fathers who kill their children because they are unemployed.

...or mothers who kill their children so they are free to date.

...or mothers who kill their children because God told them to

...or mothers who jump off highway overpasses with their babies in their arms.

...or fathers who douse their kids in gasoline and set them ablaze in their beds...
w

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 01:36:37 PM »
...or fathers who kill their children because they are unemployed.

...or mothers who kill their children so they are free to date.

...or mothers who kill their children because God told them to

...or mothers who jump off highway overpasses with their babies in their arms.

...or fathers who douse their kids in gasoline and set them ablaze in their beds...

The difference is that the above are random acts of violence (except maybe no 3) and no others in a community need fear that the same kind of acts will be perpetrated on them.  In this case, the act is like a hate crime, or act of terrorism because it sends a message to many others of the same community to "heed a warning." I think.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 01:41:21 PM »
The difference is that the above are random acts of violence (except maybe no 3) and no others in a community need fear that the same kind of acts will be perpetrated on them.  In this case, the act is like a hate crime, or act of terrorism because it sends a message to many others of the same community to "heed a warning." I think.

While I see your point DeeDee... to me... Crazy is crazy... you can wrap it around religion, culture, money, whatever... It's still crazy.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 01:47:12 PM »
While I see your point DeeDee... to me... Crazy is crazy... you can wrap it around religion, culture, money, whatever... It's still crazy.

Yes of course.  But the reason this sort of thing sparks more outrage, news space, is because of the fact that the negative impact affects a whole community of people.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 01:54:40 PM »
Yes of course.  But the reason this sort of thing sparks more outrage, news space, is because of the fact that the negative impact affects a whole community of people.
I think it's more about the topic of the day... Right now, anyone from the South East Europe or South West Asia area (See Middle East) do anything crazy will get the press... This is certainly the case.

If this guy had been a white guy, no one would have said more than, this is some crazy white dude who's lost his mind... because he's Middle Eastern, it's a cultural issue and it's designed to show how crazy those people from the Deserts are...

While I do know his cultural upbringing is a part of it, I am fairly certain that it's a bigger issue because of that then it would be if he was an Amish guy who did the same thing.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 02:15:52 PM »

Point taken, however I believe that fathers who commit violence against their children also falls into the category of terrorrism that sends a message to others in the community. There are many women who are afraid to leave abusive households because they themselves have been threatened with violence, or their kids have. For every case of  spousal homicide, or infanticide, ...it sends a chilling message to those who have also been threatened with it.

I also think Tu_holmes is bang on the money with his comment.
w

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 05:42:11 PM »
Point taken, however I believe that fathers who commit violence against their children also falls into the category of terrorrism that sends a message to others in the community. There are many women who are afraid to leave abusive households because they themselves have been threatened with violence, or their kids have. For every case of  spousal homicide, or infanticide, ...it sends a chilling message to those who have also been threatened with it.

I also think Tu_holmes is bang on the money with his comment.

Yes you're right, and women in general have more to fear in their daily lives than men do. As far as spousal violence goes, it transcends many societal factors... rich, poor, ethnicity, etc... abused women are found in every walk of life. This particular case is a little more specific. A few crude examples would be: if I read that a murdering rapist was loose in my town, I'd worry.  If I heard only blonde women were targeted, I'd be 100 times more worried. Men pulverize each other in bars every weekend. If I were your average caucasian jock, I'd take my chances in any jock, sports bar.  If I were gay, however, I'd worry a lot more about getting the beatdown of my life any time I stepped into one. This is like that. Women of a certain community are sent a message that if they don't toe the line, they could be next. I'm a little surprised that an emancipated woman would downplay this.  You're entitled to your opinion of course. Just a little surprised. If Amish men in particular were abusing or victimizing women, I would hope that would be discovered and exposed.  Why is exposing this any different? Should people be silent to avoid offending others of another culture?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 05:59:37 PM »
Yes you're right, and women in general have more to fear in their daily lives than men do. As far as spousal violence goes, it transcends many societal factors... rich, poor, ethnicity, etc... abused women are found in every walk of life. This particular case is a little more specific. A few crude examples would be: if I read that a murdering rapist was loose in my town, I'd worry.  If I heard only blonde women were targeted, I'd be 100 times more worried. Men pulverize each other in bars every weekend. If I were your average caucasian jock, I'd take my chances in any jock, sports bar.  If I were gay, however, I'd worry a lot more about getting the beatdown of my life any time I stepped into one. This is like that. Women of a certain community are sent a message that if they don't toe the line, they could be next. I'm a little surprised that an emancipated woman would downplay this.  You're entitled to your opinion of course. Just a little surprised. If Amish men in particular were abusing or victimizing women, I would hope that would be discovered and exposed.  Why is exposing this any different? Should people be silent to avoid offending others of another culture?

You'll, no doubt, join with me in condemning nations like Saudi Arabia, where women are treated in a disgusting fashion?
Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 06:05:17 PM »
You'll, no doubt, join with me in condemning nations like Saudi Arabia, where women are treated in a disgusting fashion?

Yes, very much so.  I have very strong feelings about this, in fact.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 06:07:41 PM »

Not at all... I'm sure there's tons of spousal abuse in Amish society... as there is with any social sub-culture, however it's not all over the news.

No one is saying be silent, not in the slightest, however I'm quite certain that his ethnicity is playing a much larger role in it's newsworthiness... That's just how things are right now.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 06:09:10 PM »
Yes, very much so.  I have very strong feelings about this, in fact.

Most do, however it is their culture... Are we to simply go around telling other complete societies how to live?

I think not... I don't think it's at all right, however, if that's the way the culture is, I have to respect their beliefs... I would think that those in Western societies should just be happy that they are not living there.