Author Topic: best METALLICA album?  (Read 8597 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: best METALLICA album?
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 08:47:49 PM »
It was a list of every studio album they put out.  Notice how they are at the bottom.  I take metallica very seriously.  Both load and reload, while not great as a whole, had great songs

Outlaw Torn
Low Man's Lyric
Fuel
Hero of Day
King Nothing
Ain't My Bitch
Ronnie

Ain't My Bitch is the only one worth listening to in that entire bunch... in my opinion.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2007, 08:58:09 PM »
kirks riffs beats mustains riffs!!!

you've got to be kidding me. kirk hammett is a fag and a joke.
$

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 06:26:37 AM »
I'm not an expert but I love some of the stuff on Justice...the intro's, the riffs.  I just love that record, never listened to much after it although "frantic" is on my MP3 player, that song is solid.
nasser=piece of shit

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 06:31:07 AM »
Kirk done some good shit. Creeping Death solo, Eye of the Beholder solo, One solo, Unforgiven, My Friend of Misery to name but a few.
Z

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 07:18:56 AM »
Puppets>Lightning>Justice>Kill 'em All> Black Album>every piece of dogshit after that.
Y

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2007, 10:10:05 AM »
Master of Puppets, Ride the lightning, Kill 'em all, And Justice for All, in any order represent Metallica's best work.

Black and Load/Reload are like an entirely different band from the first 4 albums.  Black is the best of these, and although not the same band as the "old Metallica", I like it a lot.  As someone else said, Load & Reload have several good songs on them, in the same genre as the black album, mixed in with several duds.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with St. Anger.
Ron: "I am lazy."

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2007, 10:44:24 AM »
Puppets>Lightning>Justice>Kill 'em All> Black Album>every piece of dogshit after that.

That's my take on it too...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2007, 12:10:27 PM »
you've got to be kidding me. kirk hammett is a fag and a joke.

His solos are out of this world.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2007, 12:25:12 PM »
Mustains is a crazy junkie, no one wants to put up with his bullshit.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 01:52:30 PM »
Mustains is a crazy junkie, no one wants to put up with his bullshit.

Mustaine has been clean for years.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 02:07:39 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Mustaine, but one has to wonder what he could've contributed as far as writing songs etc  if he would've been with the band or at least working with the band a little longer.

He is listed as a contributor on a number of classic songs like Hit the lights, Four Horsemen, Jump in the fire, Phantom Lord, Metal Militia, Ride the lightning and Call of Ktulu...
Z

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2007, 02:25:55 PM »
the black album

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2007, 06:49:23 PM »
Leper Messiah is my fav metallica song I am not sure what album that is I have all of their songs on 2 cds without album names

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2007, 07:19:50 PM »
s&m

bench

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2007, 04:04:46 AM »
I'm not a big fan of Mustaine, but one has to wonder what he could've contributed as far as writing songs etc  if he would've been with the band or at least working with the band a little longer.

He is listed as a contributor on a number of classic songs like Hit the lights, Four Horsemen, Jump in the fire, Phantom Lord, Metal Militia, Ride the lightning and Call of Ktulu...

watch the intro to this: www.deanguitars.com and listen/watch the intro. Tell me if Metallica has written a riff even remotely as cool as that in over 10 years.
$

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2007, 01:57:45 PM »
Leper Messiah is my fav metallica song I am not sure what album that is I have all of their songs on 2 cds without album names

its from master of puppets, their third album
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2007, 02:01:31 PM »
watch the intro to this: www.deanguitars.com and listen/watch the intro. Tell me if Metallica has written a riff even remotely as cool as that in over 10 years.

no problem, metallica "frantic"

Z

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2007, 06:13:39 PM »
Mustaine has been clean for years.

There is no denying the guy has a destructive personality and doesn't get along with anyone. Of course he's a talented guitarist and vocalist, but he can't work with people. Just look at Megadeth and how many band members they've had over the years, you gotta attribute that Mustaine's destructive personality.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2007, 06:45:37 PM »
There is no denying the guy has a destructive personality and doesn't get along with anyone. Of course he's a talented guitarist and vocalist, but he can't work with people. Just look at Megadeth and how many band members they've had over the years, you gotta attribute that Mustaine's destructive personality.

I won't necessarily disagree with that statement... I love Mustaine, but I'd bet anything that working with him is a testament to patience... I'd probably choke the guy if I worked with him.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007, 08:18:28 PM »

BUT!!! Mustaine is pretty much Megadeth. You can put whoever in there. Danzig was the face of the Misfits and look how many band members they had
$

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 08:27:50 PM »

Maybe that's also the reason why he's churned out some kick ass music

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2007, 08:41:17 PM »
Mustaine isn't much of a singer IMO
but then, Hetfield isn't anywhere near what he used to be  >:(
Z

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007, 09:12:07 PM »
Mustaine isn't much of a singer IMO
but then, Hetfield isn't anywhere near what he used to be  >:(

I feel you, the pitch of Hetfield's voice has gone down over the years. Just listen to a metallica song from the 80's or early 90's and it's totally differnet from now. Hetfield does not sound like a heavy metal vocalist anymore.  :-\

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2007, 09:26:09 PM »
I feel you, the pitch of Hetfield's voice has gone down over the years. Just listen to a metallica song from the 80's or early 90's and it's totally differnet from now. Hetfield does not sound like a heavy metal vocalist anymore.  :-\

I think he's allright on the latest album in songs like Frantic, but for a number of years he has sounded too whiney... and live he adds a lot of heee-eeeyeee-eeeyeah to the songs which I found annoying (not sure I'd care if I were in the crowd and actually at the concert, but watching a clip or a concert on DVD then you do care...)

He probably was the best back in the Justice for All-era and before, somewhere round there and Black album I think it went wrong.

I'd still take him over Mustains voice anyday  ;D
Z

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2007, 05:11:26 AM »
Mustaines whiney voice is the shit. I like any guy who can sing differently then the next guy in that style of music.
$