Author Topic: Rumors swirling... Moss to Jags, Leftwich to Raiders?  (Read 1797 times)

body88

Rumors swirling... Moss to Jags, Leftwich to Raiders?
« on: February 24, 2007, 09:06:52 PM »
RUMORS FLY OF MOSS TO JAGS

One of our moles in Indy at the scouting combine tells us that, while new Raiders coach Lane Kiffin is talking like he plans to have receivers Jerry Porter and Randy Moss on the team this season, there is buzz that the Raiders would like to trade Moss if they can land a quarterback in return -- and that the destination about which folks are talking is Jacksonville.

Under that scenario, the Jags would send Byron Leftwich and a draft pick or two to Oakland.

And the possibility of a trade might explain the decision of the team to proclaim that Leftwich will be the starter when the season begins seven months from now. If Leftwich was on the team's proverbial trash heap, how could they get anything for him in trade? Given that the free-agent class is generally weak this season, teams that need quarterbacks will have to look elsewhere. If the Jaguars are proclaiming to the world that Fat Albert is their guy, the market for his services increases.

Likewise for the Raiders, the best way to get value for Moss is for the organization to throw its arms around him and act like they plan to keep him. Even if they don't.

Last season, there were rumors that former Vikings coach Mike Tice, who is now an assistant with the Jags, was lobbying for the team to trade for Moss. The Jags have a talented trio of young receivers, but they had a rash of drops in 2006.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Rumors swirling... Moss to Jags, Leftwich to Raiders?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 11:01:59 PM »
Moss is right up there with T.O. as a team cancer.  I wouldn't give up anything more than a 3rd for Moss if I were a GM.  He is the ultimate high risk/reward player.  He could lead the league in yards and TDs or quit, again, when the team struggles. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 11:50:59 PM »
I agree... but why would Leftwich be given to the Raiders?

Didn't the coaching staff of the Jags JUST announce that Byron is their bot? Damn... they must change their guy more than they change their shirts.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 12:14:46 AM »
I agree... but why would Leftwich be given to the Raiders?

Didn't the coaching staff of the Jags JUST announce that Byron is their bot? Damn... they must change their guy more than they change their shirts.

Not sure.  Maybe to increase his trade value (like the article body88 posted says)?   

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 10:03:48 AM »
It's possible if unlikely that Moss has figured out that his leverage has decreased over the last couple of years, thus it might be beneficial to him to STFU and deal with another team's coach that will take him only on the basis that he stick to playing.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 10:20:49 AM »
I want to see Moss on Dallas with TO and Romo. I'll bet Jerry would approve.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 01:01:54 PM »
Not sure.  Maybe to increase his trade value (like the article body88 posted says)?   

Yeah, but then you're saying that Moss is worth something? I don't think he's worth anything to anyone right now... If the Raiders don't want you, you should pretty much hang it up.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 10:32:06 AM »
leftwich still gots lots of years in him i think it would be a great move foe teh raydas