Author Topic: PBW / ARNOLD LAND IN L.A. TIMES  (Read 4412 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
PBW / ARNOLD LAND IN L.A. TIMES
« on: February 25, 2007, 06:25:00 AM »

Here you go boys...thought you might like it.

PBW Lands in the L.A. Times

Schwarzenegger: 'You Get A High From It'

By: Robert Salladay

L.A. Times (Feb 13, 2007)   Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger gets particularly animated during an extensive radio interview today with Pro Bodybuilding Weekly hosts Dan Solomon and Bob Cicherillo. In a candid moment, Schwarzenegger suggests it was a something of a mistake to enter the Mr. Olympia championship in 1980, after he had ended his bodybuilding career and handed the title to Franco Columbu and Frank Zane.

"Why would I take a title like this from the guys?" Schwarzenegger said. "I already had a big ego and that came into play with this whole thing." Schwarzenegger said he "barely won" the 1980 title, after he psyched himself up by telling himself he was a "loser." Later, the governor said bodybuilding gives people confidence: "You get a high from it."

L.A. Times Article Link: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/politicalmuscle/2007/02/you_get_a_high_.html

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
Re: PBW / ARNOLD LAND IN L.A. TIMES
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 06:28:03 AM »

L.A. Times (Feb 13, 2007)   Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger gets particularly animated during an extensive radio interview today with Pro Bodybuilding Weekly hosts Dan Solomon and Bob Cicherillo. In a candid moment, Schwarzenegger suggests it was a something of a mistake to enter the Mr. Olympia championship in 1980, after he had ended his bodybuilding career and handed the title to Franco Columbu and Frank Zane.

"Why would I take a title like this from the guys?" Schwarzenegger said. "I already had a big ego and that came into play with this whole thing." Schwarzenegger said he "barely won" the 1980 title, after he psyched himself up by telling himself he was a "loser." Later, the governor said bodybuilding gives people confidence: "You get a high from it."

L.A. Times Article Link: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/politicalmuscle/2007/02/you_get_a_high_.html
hahahahahaah sweet
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 06:28:42 AM »
"It's like having sex with a woman and cumming."

;D

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 07:21:39 AM »

Good publicity Bob-oh. Try not to fuck it up this time  :o

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 08:13:53 AM »
Good things keep happenning to good people, just as it sgould be.
Max.
Check often for updates @

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 08:14:46 AM »
Good things keep happenning to good people, just as it sgould be.
Max.
Hahahahah bodybuilding must be full of bad people then...

AVBG

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
That's  pretty "mainstream".. Good work PBW. Its bringing BB to the masses!

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 07:38:33 PM »
it was an awesome show bob, thanks... It seems like you do more publicity for the sport than the the last 2 Mr. O's combined. Keep up the good work!
-

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 07:41:10 PM »
That's  pretty "mainstream".. Good work PBW. Its bringing BB to the masses!

I see it as good work Arnold, with credit to PBW for hooking him up.

No other BBer interview on PBW has made it to the L.A. Times and there've been many. Arnold made it because he's already mainstream.