Author Topic: Obama gets a little frisky on the 911 warnings that Bush ignored  (Read 5960 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama gets a little frisky on the 911 warnings that Bush ignored
« on: February 25, 2007, 11:24:43 AM »
Dear Penny:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your belief that the U.S. government was complicit in the terror attacks of September 11, 2001. I appreciate hearing your passionate views on this matter.

While I do not believe the U.S. government was complicit in the attacks, I do think it should be held accountable for the unacceptable mistakes it made in the run-up to that terrible day. The blunders that occurred prior to the 2001 attacks were inexcusable and often outrageous. The series of clear warnings about the potential use of hijacked planes as weapons is just one example of why the "surprise" of 9/11 should have been anticipated. In my view, proof of government complicity is not necessary when making the argument that the U.S. should accept some responsibility for what happened on 9/11.

Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
United States Senator

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Obama gets a little frisky on the 911 warnings that Bush ignored
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 11:28:02 AM »
For me, turning a blind eye is complicity.  If I know a murder is going to happen and I don't do anything about it, an a prosecuter can prove I did know, I'm going to get nailed too.  That's just the name of the game...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 11:41:51 AM »
Yes.  Al Gore said in Dec 06 - in a very angry manner - that we NEED to know what Bush knew and when.

We saw this week that John Ashcroft GAGGED Terry Nicholls to stop him from telling the world that the Clinton FBI worked with him to build the bombs.  You think they wouldn't gag anything 9/11 on their own watch? haha

Just wait til 2009 when Bush leaves office.  The new Atty Gen/Prez might not want the egg on his/her face when 911 does come out.  Imagine the love a Hilary could get for revealing that Aug 5/6 info from the German Ambassador where he gave us 5 of the hijackers and the attack date!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 11:47:41 AM »
Where'd you find this one, 240? Any link?  Very interesting Obama take indeed.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 11:51:50 AM »
sorry - http://www.jonesreport.com/articles/230207_obama_911.html

Frankly, I'm SHOCKED.  He isn't saying Bush knew.  But he is saying it's very possible Bush ignored the intel (keep in mind that many if not all in congress know about the 29 warnings - several of which gave the dates, targets, and NAMES of some hijackers)

Will Obama investigate?  holy shit, it will be incredible if he does.  Sounds like he's not gonna block it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 11:58:48 AM »
If this is authenticate, he gets a giant demerit in my book.  It's good he's not giving any credence to that conspiracy nonsense, but to say we should have anticipated the 911 attacks is just silly IMO.  It was an evil and near perfectly executed plan.  The responsibility lies with the terrorists who planned and carried out the attacks, not the U.S. government.  It is true the INS could have nabbed one or a few and airport screeners could have intercepted the box cutters, but I don't buy this blame the victim crap.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 12:01:12 PM »
If this is authenticate, he gets a giant demerit in my book.  It's good he's not giving any credence to that conspiracy nonsense, but to say we should have anticipated the 911 attacks is just silly IMO.  It was an evil and near perfectly executed plan.  The responsibility lies with the terrorists who planned and carried out the attacks, not the U.S. government.  It is true the INS could have nabbed one or a few and airport screeners could have intercepted the box cutters, but I don't buy this blame the victim crap.   

Conspiracy nonsense?

In case you didn't know, the German Ambassador told bush on Aug 5 the names of five of the hijackers, the attack date and method, and the targets, for gods sake.

And everyone in congress knows it.  They're covering their asses because even if you can't admit it, 911 is going to come out. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 12:02:06 PM »
The responsibility lies with the terrorists who planned and carried out the attacks, not the U.S. government. 

In that case, tell me why NORAD lied on the stand abuot when they were notified.

Also, tell me why that FAA supervisor destoryed all the recordings which would have told us exactly what happened that day.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 12:05:24 PM »

Oh puleaze... a box cutter? I'm soooo sick of hearing about the deadly box cutters  ::)
How dangerous do you think those things are relative to a knife which is freely distributed on flights.
Ya a box cutter can cut you, ...but they usually only go so deep. Whereas a knife, will sink to any depth.

And YES, if the gov had advanced info on where and when the attacks would take place, the absence of any attempt to stop it would make them responsible as well. I think the truth will eventually come out, and we will hear much more than many people want to know about the details of 911
w

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 12:05:35 PM »
What's the bet Obama moves to distance himself from this mess as soon as possible?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 12:14:36 PM »
What's the bet Obama moves to distance himself from this mess as soon as possible?

Bruce,

Gore said the same thing - in fact he was ANGRY that pre-911 intel was ignored. 

And is there ANY doubt in your mind that if it was going to come out no matter what, that phony Hilary wouldn't be leading the charge, acting all concerned, to "get to the bottom of what Bush did"?

BRUCE, look at the actions of congress.  They know.  Dean said it right after 9/11 - cause he read the same damn intel reports and was flabbergasted that Bush didn't have those 5 pricks picked up immediately.

They're preparing their positions for the "Let it happen on purpose" finally comes out.  most of the world knows, dude.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 12:20:21 PM »

OMG  ::)
S

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 12:24:31 PM »
just to let you know,, those 911 posters are photoshoped in there.. posters like that aren't allowed anywhere near a political rally

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 12:35:39 PM »
just to let you know,, those 911 posters are photoshoped in there.. posters like that aren't allowed anywhere near a political rally
LOL, don't be so sure on that.  That's Austin Texas in the backround ;)  Home of Alex Jones...  Don't underestimate Alex's ability to get a voice in, ESPECIALLY on his own turf.  He's done it countless times.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 12:39:55 PM »

Do you have evidence of this, or as you just guessing?   I've seen topic signs held up at many political rallies.  I've seen 911 signs held up at various speakers' rallies.  People sneak them in and they hold them up.  Do you watch much news, kh300?

The burden of proof is on YOU to prove these are fake, since you made the accusation.  Put up or shut up.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 12:45:43 PM »
Do you have evidence of this, or as you just guessing?   I've seen topic signs held up at many political rallies.  I've seen 911 signs held up at various speakers' rallies.  People sneak them in and they hold them up.  Do you watch much news, kh300?

The burden of proof is on YOU to prove these are fake, since you made the accusation.  Put up or shut up.
also if it were true what he's saying, what is KH saying about our first amendment rights with this notion?  I know Bush has limited access to friends of the party only at these rallies, but to my knowledge, he was the first to take it to an extreme.  Of course protesters bent on disrupting an event have always got the boot, but someone with a sign :-\  There's pretty freedom oriented in Austin, I doubt they're going to come unglued on someone with an investigate 9/11 sign.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 02:14:41 PM »
Bruce,

Gore said the same thing - in fact he was ANGRY that pre-911 intel was ignored. 

And is there ANY doubt in your mind that if it was going to come out no matter what, that phony Hilary wouldn't be leading the charge, acting all concerned, to "get to the bottom of what Bush did"?

BRUCE, look at the actions of congress.  They know.  Dean said it right after 9/11 - cause he read the same damn intel reports and was flabbergasted that Bush didn't have those 5 pricks picked up immediately.

They're preparing their positions for the "Let it happen on purpose" finally comes out.  most of the world knows, dude.

Okay, but we have two issues here:

- That the US government was negligent in dealing with an apparent terrorist threat
 - That the US government had prior knowledge that this event was going to occur, and aided its occurrence

Obama will want to distance himself from the second scenario, it would be political suicide not to.

Wait and see.
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 04:56:50 PM »
Okay, but we have two issues here:

- That the US government was negligent in dealing with an apparent terrorist threat
 - That the US government had prior knowledge that this event was going to occur, and aided its occurrence

Obama will want to distance himself from the second scenario, it would be political suicide not to.

Wait and see.

I agree.  Any candidate who gives any credence whatsoever to this dumb conspiracy stuff is unquestionably doomed.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 05:13:49 PM »
I agree.  Any candidate who gives any credence whatsoever to this dumb conspiracy stuff is unquestionably doomed.

Yes, and I suspect Obama (whatever he may believe) is far too shrewd to get involved with theorists.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 05:20:11 PM »
just to let you know,, those 911 posters are photoshoped in there..

Anderson Cooper showed the banner while discussing the Obama/Hilary appearance.

You are a man who makes ignorant assumptions.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 05:22:36 PM »
eh, i'm sure the plan has a second set of fall guys to take the brunt of responsibility.  Old or dying to admit all then disappear.

Or, they just hope to ignore it and quelch all legal action thru simple gag orders.

Either way, it's interesting theater but I'm quite doubtful much will change, other than "everyone knows and the only solution is to vote the guys out, and start over".

Of course, seeing the dumb cnuts here admit "well, maybe it was an inside job, but..." will be amusing.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 07:12:18 PM »
240, I've added this story to my weblog, along with my own views:

http://twatjoe.blogspot.com
Thread Killer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 07:20:08 PM »

Whether it is or not... The guy's facial color and the color of his arms certainly do not match... Very odd if anything.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 06:37:34 AM »
Whether it is or not... The guy's facial color and the color of his arms certainly do not match... Very odd if anything.

it's real.  the 911 forums have the youtube clips from cnn.  they actually showed that 'investigate 911' sign for 7+ seconds on CNN, which is pretty surprising.  It is, after all, the elephant in the room that everyone knows is there but everyone is scared to look at.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 09:14:43 AM »
id like to see the youtube clip,, im not good at forensics but those pics dont add up,, and signs like that aernt allowed that close to a candidate..

240,your arguing that bush knew about the attacks,,your not very consistant with your 911 views