Author Topic: Who wants to bet that AlGore wins an Oscar tonight.......  (Read 5142 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Who wants to bet that AlGore wins an Oscar tonight.......
« on: February 25, 2007, 01:58:46 PM »
(Figuratively speaking)

Discuss!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Who wants to bet that AlGore wins an Oscar tonight.......
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 02:01:28 PM »
What's that movie up for?

Maybe he'll win one in the Music category?

I think if he does, that's fine... bringing awareness to Global environmental issues is not a bad thing.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 02:09:26 PM »
eh, it's kinda irrelevant.  He brought the world's attention to a major issue.  He already got the good karma from it, i'm sure.

*He still wouldn't get my vote! haha
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 02:10:06 PM »
What's that movie up for?

Maybe he'll win one in the Music category?

I think if he does, that's fine... bringing awareness to Global environmental issues is not a bad thing.

It's very predictable.....he'll win for his movie "Inconvenient Lies".....err, I mean truth. Funny how Libs are more afraid of the environment then they are of Al Queda!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »
It's very predictable.....he'll win for his movie "Inconvenient Lies".....err, I mean truth. Funny how Libs are more afraid of the environment then they are of Al Queda!

Al Quaeda hasn't yet shown that they will destroy the earth... Just the white men and Jews... Global warming could make it so no one has to fear from any terrorist organization ever again.

And I think it has more to do with the fact you can grab a terrorist by his neck and choke him, you can't do that with the environment.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 02:50:29 PM »
Global warming could make it so no one has to fear from any terrorist organization ever again.

Not in anyone's lifetime for the 300 years, it's part of a cycle and they seem to want to make a big deal out of it, we have bigger problems to deal with then just a bunch hipocrytes making a big deal out of relatively nothing!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 03:00:02 PM »
Not in anyone's lifetime for the 300 years, it's part of a cycle and they seem to want to make a big deal out of it, we have bigger problems to deal with then just a bunch hipocrytes making a big deal out of relatively nothing!

That may be true, but I thought we were supposed to be thinking about the future? I mean, I'm worried about Al Quaeda in the future, but I'm worried about the entire planet in the future.

I don't think you can put the priority of the destruction of the entire planet behind a terrorist organization which has to have money to fund it... Follow the money back to the source and there you go.

Oh wait... some of that money came from the US didn't it?

I think Global Warming and the destruction of the entire planet is a bigger deal than a terrorist organization who has up until this time committed one terrorist plot on US soil... They should be stopped, but you can't tell me that the destruction of the planet should play second fiddle to an organzation who has only had one successful plot on US soil and even that success is a bit suspect to many people.

If you think Al Quaeda is bigger than the destruction of the ENTIRE planet... well, that's your call, but I don't agree with it.

P.S... still trying to figure out why we don't either have Bin Laden in custody, or the guys dead body.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 04:21:02 PM »

You mean within the next 50 to a 100 years. And how do you know it's a cycle? If CO2 levels are at their highest in 200,000 years then it's more than just a small spike that happens during a cycle. Scientist have measured CO2 levels throughout the years by drilling artic ice caps and have discovered co2 levels to be cyclical throughout time, but the thing is that now co2 levels are higher in the atmosphere than at any point in time.

You're the type of idiot that thinks global warming is hog wash just because the east coast recently experienced a winter storm after a brief warm period.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 05:27:03 PM »
Nobody here knows for sure if it's 30 years, or 300 years.

You're both just quoting experts motivated by caution (30 years' destruction!) or corporate greed (nothing is wrong!)

And, you're probably both doing it based upon your party affiliation. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 05:37:23 PM »

You're the type of idiot that thinks global warming is hog wash just because the east coast recently experienced a winter storm after a brief warm period.  ::)

The average temp has rose about ONE degree in the last 100 years.............we'll survive ::)!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 06:16:15 PM »
Nobody here knows for sure if it's 30 years, or 300 years.

You're both just quoting experts motivated by caution (30 years' destruction!) or corporate greed (nothing is wrong!)

And, you're probably both doing it based upon your party affiliation. 

I know I'm not... I simply don't want to drown when the ice caps melt or have my great great great grandkids have to wear spf 412321 sunblock.

I just don't understand how we can NOT want to take care of our environment.

Even if it's all BS... is there really any harm in protecting it?

The thing I find the most interesting is how the typical conservative (political) loves the rivers, lakes, streams, and all that nature provides as they are the ones most likely to utilize them to hunt, fish, or otherwise enjoy their lives, but they don't care about protectiing them.

It's just an interesting thing.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 07:53:52 PM »
Told ya........I win. Now I'm going to go fart in the wind while driving my big SUV down the street and right after the Oscars AlGore is going to jump on his private jet that burns like a 100 gallons a fuel per second all the while bragging about how he won an Oscar for the preservation of the environment............. .PLEEAAZZE!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 08:02:31 PM »
Told ya........I win. Now I'm going to go fart in the wind while driving my big SUV down the street and right after the Oscars AlGore is going to jump on his private jet that burns like a 100 gallons a fuel per second all the while bragging about how he won an Oscar for the preservation of the environment............. .PLEEAAZZE!!

I didn't know we were having a contest? Can you really win if you're only competing with yourself?

Good for him... If he does make a run at teh whitehouse... great! He can't be worse than what we've had for the past 6.2 years.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 08:06:15 PM »

only girls and nancy boys watch the oscars.

btw - Gore fly's commercial and you're a moron. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 08:10:38 PM »
only girls and nancy boys watch the oscars.

btw - Gore fly's commerical and you're a moron. 

I was flipping between "Pro's Vs. Joe's and the Oscars. Commercial meaning he flies with the common folk or Commercial meaning he's got the whole freaking plane to himself and the Government picks up the tab??

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 08:12:31 PM »
I was flipping between "Pro's Vs. Joe's and the Oscars. Commercial meaning he flies with the common folk or Commercial meaning he's got the whole freaking plane to himself and the Government picks up the tab??

I always thought he flew with regular folk... First class of course, but still with everyone else.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 08:13:28 PM »

You're a fucking idiot.

Al Gore flies with common folk and no the government does not pick up the tab.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 08:16:32 PM »
You're a fucking idiot.

Al Gore flies with common folk and no the government does not pick up the tab.

Hahahahahahahahaha...... .sure he does.....Hahahahahahahah aha!!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 08:18:30 PM »
Al eats too much carbon.
Thread Killer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »
Hahahahahahahahaha.......sure he does.....Hahahahahahahah aha!!

Actually he does... and for you guys... since you love the Red... It's my understanding that Cheney does whenever possible as well.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 08:27:52 PM »
Actually he does... and for you guys... since you love the Red... It's my understanding that Cheney does whenever possible as well.

Al does try and fly more responsibly than most other green doomsayers, but if he really believes that we're killing the planet he shouldn't at all.

I wouldn't listen to a Priest with 3 wives, and I won't listen to Al until he practices what he preaches.
Thread Killer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 08:31:11 PM »
Al does try and fly more responsibly than most other green doomsayers, but if he really believes that we're killing the planet he shouldn't at all.

I wouldn't listen to a Priest with 3 wives, and I won't listen to Al until he practices what he preaches.

Well, I think the point Al tries to make is not that we should all become monks and stop living... but that we should do what we can to change the system.

No form of travel will NOT pollute and he can't walk everywhere... the earth is too large... So, he flies... The most eco-friendly way he can... Commercial.

I am all about the environment too, but when I need to get from DC to LA, I don't take a car or a train... I fly... It's just the way it has to be now.

I don't consider him a hypocrite... Gore purchases offsets to account for the carbon emissions of all his air travel, just as he did for his movie and his book. He purchases green power for his home and he drives a hybrid... Could he do more... I guess so, but he's doing ok for the environment by me... If we all did as much as he did... this "Global Warming" thing wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 08:31:53 PM »

So he should travel via bycicle?  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 08:32:43 PM »

agreed - until Al Gore perfects electro-magnetic propulsion he should only ride a bicyle

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 08:33:21 PM »
So he should travel via bycicle?  ::)

Probably, but if he seriously believes the world will end shortly if we don't cut down emissions, he would outlaw flying 100%.  Otherwise I can't take him seriously.
Thread Killer