Author Topic: Garcia Done in Philly  (Read 4681 times)

body88

Garcia Done in Philly
« on: February 25, 2007, 02:22:54 PM »
Where to next boys?

INDIANAPOLIS -- In a move that almost certainly will preclude the return of quarterback Jeff Garcia to Philadelphia in 2007, and figures to send the eight-year veteran scrambling to find a new team in free agency, the Eagles on Sunday reached agreement with A.J. Feeley on a three-year contract extension.

Jeff Garcia
Quarterback
Philadelphia Eagles

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
Att Comp Yds TD Int Rat
188 116 1269 10 2 95.8

Financial details of the extension, which was confirmed by sources here for the annual NFL scouting combine, were not yet available.

There were rumblings the past few days that Philadelphia officials, apparently convinced they could not strike a deal with Garcia before the start of the free agency period on March 2, had turned their attentions to Feeley, a six-year veteran.

Steve Baker, the agent for Garcia, said here Sunday afternoon that the Eagles preferred to have a deal in place with his client before free agency started. Apparently, Garcia asked for a five-day grace period at the outset of unrestricted free agency, one that would permit him to test the market and gauge his value, before determining whether to re-sign with the Eagles.

"Once we would not agree with their ultimatum," Baker said, "they apparently moved on to [Feeley] to get a deal there. But Jeff will be fine."

While the move is somewhat surprising, given that Garcia posted a 5-1 record and led the Eagles to a playoff berth after replacing the injured Donovan McNabb, it is not altogether shocking. At age 29, Feeley is nearly eight full years younger than Garcia, and the staff in Philadelphia, including head coach Andy Reid, holds him in high regard.

A.J. Feeley
Quarterback
Philadelphia Eagles

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
Att Comp Yds TD Int Rat
38 26 332 3 0 122.9

Under the right circumstances, Philadelphia probably would have welcomed Garcia back for another season, but only on its conditions and on its timetable. His reluctance solidified the desires of some within the organization to pursue Feeley instead, and to essentially make him the No. 2 quarterback on the depth chart.

Feeley began his career with the Eagles in 2001 but, after three seasons, was traded to the Miami Dolphins in 2004. He subsequently played in San Diego, and then returned to the Eagles last year after the Chargers released him. In two games in 2006, he completed 26 of 38 passes for 342 yards, with three touchdown passes and no interceptions.

For his career, Feeley has completed 313 of 562 passes for 3,389 yards, with 22 touchdown passes and 25 interceptions.

A three-time Pro Bowl performer, but a quarterback nomad since 2003, Garcia now will be on the move again. He faces the prospect now of playing for a fourth different franchise in four seasons and, while Garcia has value and will attract attention in free agency, the future is somewhat clouded.

At least two teams perceived as having a need for a veteran quarterback, Minnesota and Chicago, said in recent weeks they are not interested in adding Garcia. Baker said Sunday he is "very confident" he will have a competitive market for his client.

In 99 games, including 92 starts, Garcia has completed 1,811 of 2,972 passes for 20,385 yards, with 136 touchdown passes and 73 interceptions, for an efficiency rating of 86.4. He has thrown for more than 2,500 yards five times in his career.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Garcia Done in Philly
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 06:47:56 PM »
I think the Chicago Bears will make a run at him!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 08:01:12 PM »
Great example of a solid coach making a mistake.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 10:30:17 AM »
how fucken disrespectful can you get unreal

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:24:52 AM »
There's no way SOMEONE won't pick the guy up... If I was the Raiders, Garcia would be prime in my opinion... Get him in there, run that West Coast and watch the magic...

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 11:39:46 AM »

Jeff needs to be careful who he signs with. he doesnt have the natural talent that it takes to overcome a bad team. he is a great system QB though, and he can take a team with a solid system to the SuperBowl. he has awsome intensity and is a great leader. i hope he learned his leason in Detroit and Cleveland. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 11:40:44 AM »
yeah that is the first bonehead move of the year. but jeff would look good in that silver and black

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 01:51:29 PM »
I think the Chicago Bears will make a run at him!

Please dont say that.... All us bears fans want is a decent quarterback who isnt a chump and who doesnt play for the other team.. And nor do I and I hope any other Bears fan want an 8 year veteran.... Like Gaycia

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 01:58:27 PM »
Please dont say that.... All us bears fans want is a decent quarterback who isnt a chump and who doesnt play for the other team.. And nor do I and I hope any other Bears fan want an 8 year veteran.... Like Gaycia

All you need is a one year fix, dude. If the Bears had a decent QB they might have won the Superbowl. Those picks killed you in the big game.

Grossman is easily the worst starting QB to have ever played in the Superbowl.

Shit on the idea all you want but what other options do you have?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 02:14:32 PM »
All you need is a one year fix, dude. If the Bears had a decent QB they might have won the Superbowl. Those picks killed you in the big game.

Grossman is easily the worst starting QB to have ever played in the Superbowl.

Shit on the idea all you want but what other options do you have?

I concur

body88

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 02:14:42 PM »

Whats the story with Smith?

body88

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 02:15:21 PM »

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 02:16:13 PM »
Rex is pretty bad.

I felt sorry for him. 

BTW is there another 6th round wonder al la tom brady?

body88

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 02:17:04 PM »
I felt sorry for him. 

BTW is there another 6th round wonder al la tom brady?

Not likley.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 02:17:40 PM »

Not likley.

U right he is a one in a generation QB.

body88

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »
U right he is a one in a generation QB.

Lets scheme up some scenarios for the bears. Leftwich could be free, but what do the bears have the jags want? Does Oakland need a running back? fargas has a 3.7 yard average I think.

Say the Raiders want to upgrade over fargus at rb ( I know my trade talk is crazy). Jones to Oakland for Moss, Moss to Bears, Moss to Jags for Leftwich. I have not looked at salery numbers or any details. This is just for fun, and makes no sense!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 02:33:30 PM »
Leftwich's days as a starter are all but over. He's injury prone, lacks accuracy,has cement feet, and is a fat fuck who never reports into camp in the best of shape. The key is to show up to trainig camp in shape, not use training camp to get you in shape.

body88

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 02:34:46 PM »
Leftwich's days as a starter are all but over. He's injury prone, lacks accuracy, and is a fat fuck who never reports into camp in the best of shape. The key is to show up to trainig camp in shape, not use training camp to get you in shape.

All great points, lol. Just trying to scheme trades for fun. I do think you are being a little hard on Leftwich tho!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 02:38:25 PM »

All great points, lol. Just trying to scheme trades for fun.

Yeah, I know  ;). I'm rough on him because the Ravens were thinking about drafting him in '03. Sure glad they didn't.

I heard a report that Moss is staying in Oakland. Green Bay should make a trade and pair him up with Favre. He'd come cheap these days via trade by way of a 3rd or 4th rounder.

body88

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 02:43:21 PM »
Yeah, I know  ;). I'm rough on him because the Ravens were thinking about drafting him in '03. Sure glad they didn't.

I heard a report that Moss is staying in Oakland. Green Bay should make a trade and pair him up with Favre. He'd come cheap these days via trade by way of a 3rd or 4th rounder.

You watch the combine?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 02:48:26 PM »

You watch the combine?

Couldn't take my eyes off it. Love watching the NFL combine. The coverage is outstanding on the NFL network.

Anybody catch your eye?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 02:56:24 PM »
Jeff needs to be careful who he signs with. he doesnt have the natural talent that it takes to overcome a bad team. he is a great system QB though, and he can take a team with a solid system to the SuperBowl. he has awsome intensity and is a great leader. i hope he learned his leason in Detroit and Cleveland. 

The "system" theory is just a theory. He'd make a difference on most teams without a good QB.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 02:57:12 PM »

Loser excuses. Given the QB situation in Chicago and the fact that position was the biggest contribution to losing the Superbowl, you jump on a good QB like a fly on s. You don't sit there with arms folded splitting hairs in this context.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 11:12:17 AM »
Couldn't take my eyes off it. Love watching the NFL combine. The coverage is outstanding on the NFL network.

Anybody catch your eye?

What did you think about the boys from BSu they looked sharp as all hell they topped the charts in the top ten in at least almost every catagorie for WR and QB.... it wasnt a bad day for my boys...

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 11:51:23 AM »
My boy Josh Smith from MD Terps ran the fastest DB combine time of 4.35 seconds in the 40 yard dash. He'll be selcted in the first round, no doubt. Excellent combine workout!

That combine can make or break you! Case in point, Troy Smith of OSU. Bye bye first round selection!