Author Topic: Greg Oden  (Read 6590 times)

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
Greg Oden
« on: February 25, 2007, 03:20:18 PM »
IMO he is overrated, slow, has no lateral movement and will be a mid range NBA player at most.  But thats just an opinion

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Greg Oden
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »
He's about as raw a basketball player as there is. But his upside is immense. Remember, he's still growing into his body. He's only 19. He's a good athlete with coordination. I think he stays in school one more year. It would help his prepraration into the NBA tremendously. But money talks when those agents are barking in your ear.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 03:46:04 PM »
I think hes going to end up being alot like that guy Washington drafted first overall a few years ago--hew now with LA Lakers--then mae escapes me

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 04:32:49 PM »
I think hes going to end up being alot like that guy Washington drafted first overall a few years ago--hew now with LA Lakers--then mae escapes me

Kwame Brown, argubly the worst #1 overall NBA draft pick of all time. Michael Olawakandi is close a second.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 09:22:43 PM »
you guys do realize that his right hand is injured right?

he's right handed

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 07:22:44 AM »
Somebody check that guy's birth certificate.  He looks like he's about 45 years old. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 07:25:57 AM »
Somebody check that guy's birth certificate.  He looks like he's about 45 years old. 

he looks like a 38 year old construction worker.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 09:55:06 AM »
the guy is clearly an early bloomer which is why he so easily dominated high school players

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 05:47:11 PM »
I am from Ann Arbor so this is really hard for me to say, i believe he will be a good player in the NBA. My friend goes to Ohio State and has heard that he hates being hit and taking a beating in the middle and would rather get paid if he is going to be taking a beating. I remember he was going to try to go pro out of high school but the one year in college rule, ruled him out.
D

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 05:53:18 AM »
Go Bucks! Michigan Sucks!

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 08:11:30 AM »
Anyone that can come in and learn to shoot free throws left handed better than most NCAAers shoot with their good hand has the talent to be good in the NBA.
gotta love life

body88

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 09:02:45 AM »
Anyone that can come in and learn to shoot free throws left handed better than most NCAAers shoot with their good hand has the talent to be good in the NBA.

Of course, the detractors are grasping at straws. The kid is an obvious talent, not to mention a physical freak.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 09:17:37 AM »

Of course, the detractors are grasping at straws. The kid is an obvious talent, not to mention a physical freak.

he looks like a caveman

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 09:24:40 AM »
I am sorry Columbus dude, sorry we do not let young men like Maurice Clarett into our school. It was so nice to see him getting hit with a tazer and have guns in the car, real contributer to society. Where is he now, Getting bent over by some guy names BUCK
D

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 09:27:41 AM »
Sore loser alert...

body88

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 09:59:03 AM »
he looks like a caveman

True, he is a ugly bastard. So isn't Larry Bird  ;) All that matters is the physical ability at the position the athlete plays.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »
True, he is a ugly bastard. So isn't Larry Bird  ;) All that matters is the physical ability at the position the athlete plays.

so check it....we were talkin about a 6th round draft steal like brady the other day. Well what about an immediate impact center...honestly we aint seen one since shaq...and howard down in orlando aint no shaq. he is good but not the same combination of quickness, power, strength, footwork, and pure athletic abilty like shaq

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 10:16:15 AM »
so check it....we were talkin about a 6th round draft steal like brady the other day. Well what about an immediate impact center...honestly we aint seen one since shaq...and howard down in orlando aint no shaq. he is good but not the same combination of quickness, power, strength, footwork, and pure athletic abilty like shaq

Oden could be a shaq type if he stayed in school and got considerably bigger. If you look at pics of shaq in college he wasn't nearly the "man" he is now. I don't thikn Oden will though and whe will probably end up more like a Ewing type, more finesse for a big man. Not exactly a bad person to be like!
gotta love life

body88

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 10:27:36 AM »

I agree with you, I think Oden is that guy.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 10:31:07 AM »
I agree with you, I think Oden is that guy.

yeah i was thinking the same. i dont think he scores  lot because it isnt asked of him

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 11:52:26 AM »
He will have a good nba career for sure..... he is  a bit raw but is a beast

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 11:56:34 AM »
oden right now is bill russell

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 12:01:15 PM »
oden right now is bill russell

You were watching the Wisconsin game this weekend weren't you, they said the same thing. I never saw russel in college obviously but he definately domintaed way more than Oden does.
gotta love life

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 12:04:37 PM »
You were watching the Wisconsin game this weekend weren't you, they said the same thing. I never saw russel in college obviously but he definately domintaed way more than Oden does.

no i didnt see that game. but  a coworker said it on the way to lunch....

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 12:35:28 PM »
Haven't seen him play.

Physically he looks a bit like amare stoudamire.

Or is he a different type of player?
$