Author Topic: Face The Nation: John Edwards  (Read 626 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Face The Nation: John Edwards
« on: February 26, 2007, 03:08:37 AM »
John Edwards on Face the Nation, CBS News.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/25/ftn/main2511585.shtml

Winning the Democratic primary could the biggest obstacle for the next president IMO.

Looking at the GOP ticket, Giuliani seems like the best bet, and has some Mormon (Romney) against him. McCain has the age against him, unfortunately.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Face The Nation: John Edwards
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 07:31:47 AM »
"The former Senator also talked about domestic issues. He said he would rollback President Bush's tax cuts for people who make over $200,000 a year to pay for his universal health care plan."

>:(

Good thing he won't be prez.  And here I was touting him as the Dems best hope for prez. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 08:13:47 AM »
"The former Senator also talked about domestic issues. He said he would rollback President Bush's tax cuts for people who make over $200,000 a year to pay for his universal health care plan."

>:(

Good thing he won't be prez.  And here I was touting him as the Dems best hope for prez. 

What I like about Edwards, is that in comparison to other politicians, he's not afraid to lay it out in layman's terms, to speak his mind. He doesn't constantly dodge like Obama or Clinton.

Also, he readily admits that he's been wrong instead of stubbornly hanging on, like Clinton (the Iraq issue).

Or Bush for that matter.

Giuliani used to be very much the same way, no bullshit. But lately, he's been back and forth on abortion, and other policies.

If all politicans were like Edwards, it would be much easier to pick. He's not trying to fool someone, if you vote for Edwards, you know what you gonna get.

Hopefully, some Giuliani will stop fishing support from Christian Conservatives and start voicing his policies.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 09:46:37 AM »
What I like about Edwards, is that in comparison to other politicians, he's not afraid to lay it out in layman's terms, to speak his mind. He doesn't constantly dodge like Obama or Clinton.

I agree and this is part of the reason why I think he's the Dems best candidate.  But he lost me on the tax issue.  I don't want Robin Hood in the White House.