Author Topic: Now THIS is HARDCORE - bleeding eyes  (Read 7446 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Now THIS is HARDCORE - bleeding eyes
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 04:34:22 AM »
Benny was mid 80's and yes he would cause himself nose-bleeds but I think the eye thing is much more dangerous. Imagine loosing your eyesight over a bench press? Stupid. Just friggen stupid.

Why? You don't need eyesight to benchpress!
Z

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 04:35:46 AM »
this guy's blood pressure must be out of control. it is amazing what we do to our bodies to look a certain way or lift a certain amount of weight  i mean we are all in this for the health aspect right? im not preachin or judging anyone i have juiced myself on a few occasions. but it just makes me wonder the long term affects on the heart. ie heart failure, left ventricular hypertrophy, coronary artery disease. the list goes on.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 04:38:06 AM »
Unless you bleed from your eyes your work at the gym ain't done!

ANIMAL BABY!
Z

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 04:41:31 AM »
the bleeding is from behind the eyes.  jesus, doesn't anybody here know the circulatory system?

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 05:22:34 AM »
the bleeding wasn't coming from his eyeballs, but around them.  i was a paramedic a long time ago and i remember that bleeding from the "eyes" is a sign that the person needs to get to the hospital kind of fast. 
that guy is an idiot. but at least thats hardcore.  ::)
F

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 05:24:50 AM »
another one for the dead pool
A

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2007, 05:32:49 AM »
hahahahaha

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 05:35:39 AM »
who would have guessed?

well some people thing it is cool or funny.  so obviously its not too obvious to some people. 
F

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 05:40:10 AM »
Fucking insane... Tosses that whole "Do it for the health" argument out the window doesn't it?

nobody powerlifts for health :)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2007, 05:52:43 AM »

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 05:53:49 AM »
We all know it was the Advil (TM).

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2007, 05:57:16 AM »
We all know it was the Advil (TM).
or the Aleave

Sean Katterle

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2007, 07:01:29 AM »
I don't know what causes it. He wasn't sick.

Seanzilla is the benching guru - he would be able to explain how or why this happens.

Hey Isaac! Great photos. I'd love to use that one and some others if you want to team up with me on this magazine layout I'm working on (Because I'm going to the Arnold, I couldn't make it to the FitExpo this year so I need some hardcore pics like this!
When you're laying on your back and you take 800+ pounds out of the rack that, combined with having higher blood pressure from supplements, really boosts your PSI and your sinuses can burst open. It's not Kennelly's eyes that are bleeding, it's his sinuses. And, because they blow when he's laying on his back, it looks like the blood's coming from his eyes. Ryan was the largest he's ever been at this show (he weighed in at 320 something when he's normally around 290-308 so he really had his bloat on. He shirt benched 909 pounds so he was really pushing himself and probably getting ready for the Arnold Classic this weekend. People forget that he's been slowly increasing his bodyweight and his lifts consistantly for over 10 years in a row. This isn't some guy who got loaded up and was suddenly winning pro shows.
Isaac - Please email me about the pics, I'll get you some free ad space in trade for your website building business and we'll work on that as soon as I'm back from the Ahhhhhhhhhnold. www.HardcorePowerlifting .com

Sean Katterle

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2007, 07:11:34 AM »
I love these guys.  Their sole ambition in life is to take a ton of drugs and bench heavy weight for a 3" rep.  I wish my life were that fulfilling sometimes.  Simply Awesome!

Bro, Kennelly and I only work together on a business level, as my company produced his DVD, and we're not even friends anymore for a couple of reasons, but your comments reek of pussy wannabe syndrome. Kennelly is 6'1 and he's got average to long arms and he's not fat so the bar moves just as far or farther than most lifters when he benches. At the Animal Cage, without a bench shirt he benched 315x40 reps rull range of motion. He's also benched 600+ without a shirt on numerous occasions. In addition, he's been living the power benching lifestyle for over 10 years. We're talking 24/7/365 and pretty much without ever laying off. You are a piece of shit lifting wise compared to him and that's fine because every sport needs an audience. What you lift in life echoes in eternity. If Kennelly plays his cards right, people will remember his name for centuries and they'll look back and say that he was one of the best who ever was. He's already won the Arnold Classic 3 times and the Mendelson Classic twice in addition to his being the 1st man ever to shirt bench 800+ pounds. And you don't know anything about him personally so don't try and play therapist either Dr. Phil.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Now THIS is HARDCORE!
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2007, 07:18:38 AM »
He probably was bleeding through his nose whilst he was laying on the bench. The blood streamed into his eyes.
"whilst"?

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2007, 07:25:54 AM »
What you lift in life echoes in eternity. If Kennelly plays his cards right, people will remember his name for centuries

You had me untill that part.

In a hundred (almost certainly less) nobody will give a shit what people lifted today. What you lift in life echoes for about a month until somebody lifts more than you.

People (very feew) still remember what guys lifted in the late 1800's/early 1900's because they were clean and didn't use any lifting aids.

I'm sure he's strong as an ox and I'm impressed by most powerlifters because they are crazy strong but nobody will remember his name in 10 years except for "that guy used to bleed out of his eyes."
It's Hip to be Square!

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2007, 07:35:01 AM »
If your head is swollen and has a dark purple hue to it, perhaps a doctors visit can be justified, bleeding from the eyes is perfectly normal... ::)

Sean Katterle

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2007, 08:00:28 AM »

In a hundred (almost certainly less) nobody will give a shit what people lifted today. What you lift in life echoes for about a month until somebody lifts more than you.

People (very feew) still remember what guys lifted in the late 1800's/early 1900's because they were clean and didn't use any lifting aids.

I'm sure he's strong as an ox and I'm impressed by most powerlifters because they are crazy strong but nobody will remember his name in 10 years except for "that guy used to bleed out of his eyes."

I don't agree. Kennelly is the 1st guy to ever (shirt) bench 800 or more pounds. He's the 1st guy to ever repeat wins at the Arnold Classic and Mendelson Classic. What I do think he needs to do though, to secure his place in the all time benching hall of fame, is bench 700+ without a bench shirt. Only 2 lifters have ever done that, Kennelly's gone as high as 670 raw in the gym, but he needs to do that on a main stage and/or on TV to really lock in as being one of the very best.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2007, 08:06:46 AM »
I don't agree. Kennelly is the 1st guy to ever (shirt) bench 800 or more pounds. He's the 1st guy to ever repeat wins at the Arnold Classic and Mendelson Classic. What I do think he needs to do though, to secure his place in the all time benching hall of fame, is bench 700+ without a bench shirt. Only 2 lifters have ever done that, Kennelly's gone as high as 670 raw in the gym, but he needs to do that on a main stage and/or on TV to really lock in as being one of the very best.

James Henderson benchpressed 711 lbs drugtested. Without a shirt.

Also claims he went as high as 739 lbs in the gym I believe.

Nobody could match Big James IMHO.

edit: I would love to see a RAW benchpress contest with Big James in it. Drug tested or not, I am positive he would win it regardless.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2007, 08:07:57 AM »
hardcore my ass, I would understand bleeding nose, but bleeding eyes is not entertaining. and for what reasons, this guys are taking this shit too far. I hope none of em ever collapse nor take a dirt nap while benching. This guy should have his heatlh thouroughly check
Get Big, or Die Trying

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2007, 08:54:32 AM »
Upon closer inspection, it does look like he's bleeding from his nose. The blood was definitely pouring towards his eyes based on the angle he was laying at.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2007, 09:02:27 AM »

Hey, i wish him all the best. I'm just saying that nobody will remember him in a hundred years. You have to be pretty fucking amazing/horrible to be remembered hundreds of years later.
It's Hip to be Square!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2007, 09:29:26 AM »
James Henderson benchpressed 711 lbs drugtested. Without a shirt.

Also claims he went as high as 739 lbs in the gym I believe.

Nobody could match Big James IMHO.

edit: I would love to see a RAW benchpress contest with Big James in it. Drug tested or not, I am positive he would win it regardless.

-Hedge

don't forget the MIA glen chabot, hedge.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 09:36:08 AM »
A Bombs and Halo! :(
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2007, 11:41:57 AM »
he cried tears of blood for you bitches!!

URBAN DISCIPLINE!
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)