Author Topic: Christmas came early...I got a fuckin abcess!!!  (Read 7316 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Christmas came early...I got a fuckin abcess!!!
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2007, 03:50:25 PM »
I agree, where is this thread going?  I want to know what the Dr, said.

I'd like to hear the "ending" as well.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »
He dont feel like click'n keys right now. Prolly not siting for awhile.

Birdman

• Getbig III
  • Pump Til You Puke!
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »
UPDATE:

I went  back to the doctor on Friday and met with the surgeon and he looked at it and noticed that the abscess had rescessed.  I had  been using a black sharpee to show the movement of the redness.  FORTUNATELY the doc didnt cut me and told me to stay on the Antibiotics for another week or so.  I we still a bit scared but I went home and woke up this morning and the abscess was almost completley gone.  Id say 90% of the discoloration is gone as well as the pain. 
If it flares back up I will discuss.

Question for the board.

Would you avoid injecting into that side in the future.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2007, 09:06:11 PM »
Glad to hear things are working out pretty good for you.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2007, 05:49:16 AM »
I wouldn't go within 8" of that area for months.
BOdy remembers that shit.
I got so many bound up small scar tissue spots from cycle & work injuries & iron.
These bastards create mobility impingement unless you work/strech (painfull) it out at the right time.
How many people say they are worse after a knee surgery? They never stretched to get back every millimeter of
range of motion.  Let that thing heal a bit. Then get some nice gal to massage, massage... Before it can do any funny tissue creation. Hard lumps don't flex, no matter how you got  'em.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2007, 05:56:35 AM »
UPDATE:

I went back to the doctor on Friday and met with the surgeon and he looked at it and noticed that the abscess had rescessed.  I had  been using a black sharpee to show the movement of the redness.  FORTUNATELY the doc didnt cut me and told me to stay on the Antibiotics for another week or so.  I we still a bit scared but I went home and woke up this morning and the abscess was almost completley gone.  Id say 90% of the discoloration is gone as well as the pain. 
If it flares back up I will discuss.

Question for the board.

Would you avoid injecting into that side in the future.

Glad things turned out well.  i would like to back this up a little to the original problem.  I have had a similar thing happen a few times over the years.  Site after a couple days post injection becomes swollen, red, warm and painfull to the point of having a hard time walking, in the leg site cases.  First time this happened I did go to the doc and as almost any doc would do was diagnosed with cellulitus.  Was given a course of augmentin and sent on my way well everything was OK in a few days after that.  This happened 3 times so far on this cycle.......well its been a long cycle  :)

I don't feel this is caused by a bacterial infection, its more than likely a reaction to the BA in the gear.  Also at time's you may inject into areas like tendons or other sensitive areas and this also can cause this type reaction.  Usually about a week after the shot things are fine.

Right now I'm prepping for a show in a month and this happened to me last week on my quad.  I could hardly walk and the thing got red and big time swollen, I could not even flex my leg, it looked terrible!  Needless to say I was a little freaked but knew that this has happened to me before and to just keep my head on straight.  For the last few days it has been getting better and this morning most of the swelling is down, whew!

Now this is where it gets tricky, when someone comes on this board with this kind of issue the proper advice to them should be cautious like it was.  We don't know you or really whats going on, so in an effort to help and be safe we may error on the side of caution, really nothing wrong with that.  Heres where it gets scary as a gear user you must learn perfectly how to listen to your own body and know how it reacts. You also must become very educated on the body and how things work, this will take lots of reading.  This can be hard when people are saying go to the doctor ASAP, but you know from experience that you don't need to and things will be fine.  This takes a lot of trust in yourself.

nycelife

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2007, 03:28:18 PM »
words of wisdom right there. thanks!

ATOMIC

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2007, 01:41:59 PM »
so do we have an inclination of what exactly caused this. It looks like it was not bacteria based. Birdaman stated that he had an issue in that area before and that he may have stuck the injection into something. Or as Luv said is this just soemthing that happens and you have to know that you are prone to it?
Does this type of isue seem to happen more with quad shots (haven't pinned here before) or with buttocks shots?

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2007, 12:58:24 PM »
i agree with luv2hurt, i just recently shot 1cc of test400 and 1cc of prop in my delt and the next day it had bloated up, it was hot, red, and soft to touch, it made a smal heat rash spread across my chest but it was just my bodys reaction to the high ba. it gave me a huge fever and flu like symptoms. but today im feeling fine, the redness is gone and its not so sore. maybe you just had a reaction to the high ba in the bd