Author Topic: Non bush bashing topics  (Read 2717 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Non bush bashing topics
« on: February 28, 2007, 01:23:05 PM »
get no response in this board. Seriously, look through the posts and the ones that don't present a chance to bash Bush and conservatives get no responses.
gotta love life

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Non bush bashing topics
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
You're hanging out on the wrong board.

http://www.freerepublic.com

Enjoy.  :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 01:31:50 PM »
get no response in this board. Seriously, look through the posts and the ones that don't present a chance to bash Bush and conservatives get no responses.

Have you at all considered that maybe BUSH gets this treatment because he's seemingly done nothing but screw up?

Look at his approval rating for Christ sake!

That says volumes!

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 01:34:19 PM »
Have you at all considered that maybe BUSH gets this treatment because he's seemingly done nothing but screw up?

Look at his approval rating for Christ sake!

That says volumes!

As in all my posts I never claim to be a bush fan or defend all of his decisions. I just think it is funny that nothing else gets notice in here unless it gives an oppurtunity to bash bush. I don't care that people bash him, but that is ALL people want to do. There are other things going on in the world.
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 01:35:25 PM »
:'(

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 01:41:33 PM »
As in all my posts I never claim to be a bush fan or defend all of his decisions. I just think it is funny that nothing else gets notice in here unless it gives an oppurtunity to bash bush. I don't care that people bash him, but that is ALL people want to do. There are other things going on in the world.

Yes there are other things going on.  And i do take just about every opportunity to BASH him.  You know why?

He irresponsibly put American lives in danger. 

That to me is unforgivable. 

Also, as far as i can see, the Iraq war is the center piece of news these days.  Unless you want to drain your energy in the 9/11 CT debates.

P.S.  I have never resented or detested an American president more than BUSH.  From Nixon to Clinton.  Frankly, I've never felt more motivated to protest anything than this stupid war.  For the most part i never really severely criticized a president like i have with BUSH.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 01:43:36 PM »

This is true.  It is (as Bruce mentioned in another thread) "group think." 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »
This is true.  It is (as Bruce mentioned in another thread) "group think." 

If he had a 66% approval rating do you think things wold be different?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 01:45:34 PM »

I think in part you're right but I also think there's a good reason for it. We're in a very unpopular war right now and it's natural that it would be talked about a lot. Also the Presidential Election is on the horizon and Bush's failures are a topic of discussion with the candidates.

If a Democrat wins the White House the same thing will happen to that President.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 01:48:38 PM »
If he had a 66% approval rating do you think things wold be different?

No, because liberals dominate this board.   :D  Clinton maintained somewhere between a 50 and 60 percent approval rating and conservatives HATED him.  Thought he was da debil.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 01:50:03 PM »
I think in part you're right but I also think there's a good reason for it. We're in a very unpopular war right now and it's natural that it would be talked about a lot. Also the Presidential Election is on the horizon and Bush's failures are a topic of discussion with the candidates.

If a Democrat wins the White House the same thing will happen to that President.

People need to realize that bashing him all day won't help one thing. And not one Democrat will take over and end it today either. We are there for the long haul (see Korea) to attain and then keep peace. It doesn't matter Democrat, Republican, the polls don't matter, nothing matters. I know today's society wants a quick answer to everything but sometimes it takes time.
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 01:51:15 PM »
No, because liberals dominate this board.   :D  Clinton maintained somewhere between a 50 and 60 percent approval rating and conservatives HATED him.  Thought he was da debil.

Yes, but was dominating the news regarding Clinton?  Simply a sex scandal.

Here:  we have a very unpopular war that's even getting many staunch conservatives to turn against him

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 01:55:59 PM »

Here:  we have a very unpopular war that's even getting many staunch conservatives to turn against him

You can't judge the effectiveness of a war on the fact that "staunch" conservatives are turning against him. They don't have a backbone so they follow the polls to try and get elected.
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 01:59:40 PM »
You can't judge the effectiveness of a war on the fact that "staunch" conservatives are turning against him. They don't have a backbone so they follow the polls to try and get elected.

Who's judging the effectiveness of a war based on people turning?

If it looks like a duck, talks like a duck, smells like a duck then guess what?

It's a duck.

That's all i'm saying here.

BUSH made some bad decisions that we will be paying for, for a long time.

that's why he is getting bashed.

It's not about having the fortitude to stick it out.   It's about being honest with your situation. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 02:02:16 PM »

Are you kidding?  He was impeached by the House.  That was one of the biggest stories in our lifetime.  He was all over the news.  CNN = Clinton News Network.   :)  

Yes the war is unpopular, but part of the liberal media (like CNN) is fanning the flames.  I swear there is a picture of some wounded Iraqi on the front page of CNN just about every day.  They would have you believe that nothing is going right in Iraq.  That simply isn't true.  I posted a story a while back about Koreans in Iraq and all of the great things they're doing there (building schools, hospitals, parks, training military and police, etc.).  Why doesn't CNN put that on their front page?  This kind of stuff heavily influences public opinion.  

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 02:05:14 PM »
Are you kidding?  He was impeached by the House.  That was one of the biggest stories in our lifetime.  He was all over the news.  CNN = Clinton News Network.   :)  

Yes the war is unpopular, but part of the liberal media (like CNN) is fanning the flames.  I swear there is a picture of some wounded Iraqi on the front page of CNN just about every day.  They would have you believe that nothing is going right in Iraq.  That simply isn't true.  I posted a story a while back about Koreans in Iraq and all of the great things they're doing there (building schools, hospitals, parks, training military and police, etc.).  Why doesn't CNN put that on their front page?  This kind of stuff heavily influences public opinion.  

Watched the movie flags of our fathers the other day and had to ask. In today's media would that picture (of the flag raising at Iwo Jima) have even been shown? That one picture swayed public opinion in America at that time
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 02:06:21 PM »
WHOA, I gotta call BS here, everyone, take a look at the topics, they're all over the place politically... Lost of stuff is brought to this board and lots of things get talked about that don't have anything to do with Bush.  Yes Bush get's his fair share of posts on here, he's the goddamned president and a president with a rock bottom approval rating, That's the fault of this forum ::)  Of course people are going to talk about him...  There's more to this than just skuffing it off to liberal bias ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 02:06:33 PM »
Are you kidding?  He was impeached by the House.  That was one of the biggest stories in our lifetime.  He was all over the news.  CNN = Clinton News Network.   :) 

Yes the war is unpopular, but part of the liberal media (like CNN) is fanning the flames.  I swear there is a picture of some wounded Iraqi on the front page of CNN just about every day.  They would have you believe that nothing is going right in Iraq.  That simply isn't true.  I posted a story a while back about Koreans in Iraq and all of the great things they're doing there (building schools, hospitals, parks, training military and police, etc.).  Why doesn't CNN put that on their front page?  This kind of stuff heavily influences public opinion. 

Are they fanning the flames or reporting the news?

I know there are things going in Iraq that are good.  That's much of my motivation in thinking that we need not to pull out.  But when you can't go to the local market for fear of a bomber then that's a BIg problem

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 02:09:43 PM »
Watched the movie flags of our fathers the other day and had to ask. In today's media would that picture (of the flag raising at Iwo Jima) have even been shown? That one picture swayed public opinion in America at that time

Not a chance.  There would be a picture of a screaming, wounded civilian. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 02:12:20 PM »
Are they fanning the flames or reporting the news?

I know there are things going in Iraq that are good.  That's much of my motivation in thinking that we need not to pull out.  But when you can't go to the local market for fear of a bomber then that's a BIg problem

They are reporting only the bad news to fan the flames of discontent over the war.  It is true that the suicide bombings by insurgents are terrible and that the streets are unsafe, particularly in Bagdad.  But it is also a fact, and news, that a lot of good things are being done in Iraq.  Outlets like CNN don't report this good news, because it would be contrary to their attempt to shape public opinion against the war (and the prez). 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 02:12:26 PM »
WHOA, I gotta call BS here, everyone, take a look at the topics, they're all over the place politically... Lost of stuff is brought to this board and lots of things get talked about that don't have anything to do with Bush.  Yes Bush get's his fair share of posts on here, he's the goddamned president and a president with a rock bottom approval rating, That's the fault of this forum ::)  Of course people are going to talk about him...  There's more to this than just skuffing it off to liberal bias ::)

Beserker caught me guys. Man he is a smart one, I have blamed the whole Bush approval rating on the bashing that takes place on this forum. He is also correct that 100s of issues get brought up on this board however he fails to see that the majority of the replies are posted to Bush bashing oppurtunities. Here I'll trick him.  ;)

Hey Beserker! CNN/USA today just did a poll and it says that 78% of the replies on the board are Bush bashing. Must be true

www.beserkerisanidiot.co m
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 02:17:09 PM »
Beserker caught me guys. Man he is a smart one, I have blamed the whole Bush approval rating on the bashing that takes place on this forum. He is also correct that 100s of issues get brought up on this board however he fails to see that the majority of the replies are posted to Bush bashing oppurtunities. Here I'll trick him.  ;)

Hey Beserker! CNN/USA today just did a poll and it says that 78% of the replies on the board are Bush bashing. Must be true

www.beserkerisanidiot.co m
::) meltdown

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 02:17:26 PM »
POINT PROVEN!!!!!! Ilove it when I am right. Of the 67 topics on the front page, all I had to do was write the words "bush bashing" in the topic title and I have already recieved more replies than 49 other topics and that is just on the first page!!! LOL love it
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 02:18:18 PM »
::) meltdown

Hey man you are going to wear out that rolling eyes emoticon. We all know that is all you do all day you can leave it off.
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 02:20:01 PM »
POINT PROVEN!!!!!! Ilove it when I am right. Of the 67 topics on the front page, all I had to do was write the words "bush bashing" in the topic title and I have already recieved more replies than 49 other topics and that is just on the first page!!! LOL love it
This is how you go about proving your theory::)  Scientific minds want to know ::)

Get over yourself, Bush and much of what he's done and is doing is the biggest news, the most important news... You're all bent out of shape because a politcal forum talks about him often ::)