Author Topic: Facts, Science smash the Global Warming Myth  (Read 13661 times)

Mr. Intenseone

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Facts, Science smash the Global Warming Myth
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 12:19:02 PM »
Problem here is that thru his many recent irrational rants about race and other topics...

added to his drug use...

and his admitting to "carrying the water" for a party whose beliefs weren't his own...

I'm not sure Rush is that credible at this point.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 12:38:20 PM »
He's ruining whatever is left of his credibility. Global warming has already been recognized by all parties as a major concern. What does rush stand for anyways? Entertainment, nothing more nothing less.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »
RUSH: What you're saying is it's a natural thing that helps keep the Earth's temperatures moderate?

DR. SPENCER: Yeah, that's right. That's right. All the scientists agree with that.

Um, has there EVER been a topic where ALL the scientists agree, in scientific history?

This guest just spoke for ALL SCIENTISTS.

Is this guest credible?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 02:03:10 PM »
RUSH: What you're saying is it's a natural thing that helps keep the Earth's temperatures moderate?

DR. SPENCER: Yeah, that's right. That's right. All the scientists agree with that.

Um, has there EVER been a topic where ALL the scientists agree, in scientific history?

This guest just spoke for ALL SCIENTISTS.

Is this guest credible?

You're right to point out that a consensus of scientist's opinions isn't necessarily conducive to an accurate conclusion.  For this reason, we no longer believe the earth to be flat - and I can confirm no sea monsters are blocking our journey across the Atlantic. 
Thread Killer

Mr. Intenseone

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 02:30:53 PM »
http://www.tcsdaily.com/Authors.aspx?id=267

Hope this helps!!

Apparently the group for which Dr. Spencer works or has worked has been the beneficiary of Exxon money.

http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/orgfactsheet.php?id=112

I don't know how accurate that is. I'm just stating what I found when I Googled Roy Spencer.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 02:35:16 PM »
Apparently the group for which Dr. Spencer works or has worked has been the beneficiary of Exxon money.

I'm so shocked that I'm going to need to lay down for a while.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 02:57:40 PM »

http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/orgfactsheet.php?id=112

I don't know how accurate that is. I'm just stating what I found when I Googled Roy Spencer.

Rush Limbaugh has to be some kind of secret negative propaganda agent for the extreme left in the USA.

Nobody can be that stupid. That gullible.

Because everything he's trying to pull is too easy for the Democrats or the Left-wings to counter.

Bringing some "expert" on, who is discredited by a little Googling?

Limbaugh's is either insane or in the business of trying to swing voters toward the Democratic Party.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 03:17:38 PM »
Rush Limbaugh has to be some kind of secret negative propaganda agent for the extreme left in the USA.

Nobody can be that stupid. That gullible.

Because everything he's trying to pull is too easy for the Democrats or the Left-wings to counter.

Bringing some "expert" on, who is discredited by a little Googling?

Limbaugh's is either insane or in the business of trying to swing voters toward the Democratic Party.

-Hedge

LMAO....how is he discredited? Let me get this straight....the left is right because their "experts" say so, but when someone from the right brings in an expert, he's wrong?????

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 03:26:18 PM »
LMAO....how is he discredited? Let me get this straight....the left is right because their "experts" say so, but when someone from the right brings in an expert, he's wrong?????

Um the pro global warming expert isn't on the right/left's or ExxonMobil's payroll.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 03:30:50 PM »

I'm not judging whether he's right or wrong.

All I am saying, he was so easily discredited. It was very easy to find on Google that he was on a payroll by Exxon.

That's just bad research by Rush Limbaugh's team, or rather, zero research.

Let me ask you this: What do you think the chances are that Rush Limbaugh's research team knew about the scientist being on the Exxon payroll?

If they knew how easy it was to find out that information, why would they then put him on the show?

That is a very good question IMO.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 05:05:38 PM »
I'm not judging whether he's right or wrong.

All I am saying, he was so easily discredited. It was very easy to find on Google that he was on a payroll by Exxon.

That's just bad research by Rush Limbaugh's team, or rather, zero research.

Let me ask you this: What do you think the chances are that Rush Limbaugh's research team knew about the scientist being on the Exxon payroll?

If they knew how easy it was to find out that information, why would they then put him on the show?

That is a very good question IMO.

-Hedge

My guess is that Rush knew but he simply depends on the credulity of his audience of ditto heads to believe anything he says without question.

My question is why Rush is contradicting the President?  Maybe he's working off the old talking points.

From the "Open Letter on the President's Position on Climate Change" released by the White House on Feb 7, 2007

Beginning in June 2001, President Bush has consistently acknowledged climate change is
occurring and humans are contributing to the problem. Consider the following statements by the
President:

“First, we know the surface temperature of the earth is warming…There is a natural
greenhouse effect that contributes to warming…And the National Academy of Sciences
indicates that the increase is due in large part to human activity.”
– June 11, 2001

“My Administration is committed to cutting our Nation's greenhouse gas intensity…by
18 percent over the next 10 years. This will set America on a path to slow the growth of
our greenhouse gas emissions and, as science justifies, stop and then reverse the growth
of emissions.” – February 14, 2002

“America is on the verge of technological breakthroughs that will enable us to live our
lives less dependent on oil….they will help us to confront the serious challenge of global
climate change.” – January 23, 2007

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/02/20070207-5.html

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 05:11:35 PM »
So Mr. I you think Bush is wrong about climate change?  ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 06:39:06 PM »
So Mr. I you think Bush is wrong about climate change?  ;D

I'd like to know too

Mr. IO - take a break from your "alian" posting and come back to this thread

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 07:41:38 PM »
who gives a shit if global warming is true or not.. some people are just using it for political gain

fact is- we putting shit into our air and it needs to be stoped, how can we not agree on all of that

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 07:42:16 PM »
who gives a shit if global warming is true or not.. some people are just using it for political gain

fact is- we putting shit into our air and it needs to be stoped, how can we not agree on all of that

That's always been my take on it too.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 07:45:29 PM »

Because the effects may be minimal, and the economic impact of shutting down industries would see you living in a hut with the rest of the toothless unemployed.
Thread Killer

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 07:46:12 PM »
Because the effects may be minimal, and the economic impact of shutting down industries would see you living in a hut with the rest of the toothless unemployed.

Wow... at least the admission that money is the most important thing is somewhere in there.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 07:53:32 PM »
Wow... at least the admission that money is the most important thing is somewhere in there.

Oh yes, money, which brings me to Al Gore - who is making a fortune from doomsday prophesising.  And yet you refuse to demand he drop the money bag and turn the lights off.

Unfortunately, what I meant by my above statement is not that you'll have to stop sleeping with the flat screen TV on.  No, no.  To stop what some would have you believe is man made global warming, you'll have to stop using power entirely.  If this is what you honestly believe is to become of the world, then you will prove you have the courage of your convictions and do exactly that.

Installing low voltage light bulbs is about as effective at stopping the earth from warming as peeing in the ocean is at melting the ice caps.
Thread Killer

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 07:54:15 PM »

i agree on that,, i should add in the polluton needs to be stoped without taking away our rights and stoping industry.. alternatives-not elimination

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 07:58:43 PM »
i agree on that,, i should add in the polluton needs to be stoped without taking away our rights and stoping industry.. alternatives-not elimination

Unfortunately, if you believe in global warming, you can't have it both ways.  To stop this apparent doomsday, you'll have to give up your car and your gas belching ways.  That is, unless, you don't actually believe the world is ending.
Thread Killer

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 08:02:26 PM »

this is you making a joke right?  Industries come into existence and go out of business all the time.   Other than the very very very small group of people who own these assets and control the "energy" market,  I seriously doubt that the rest of the people on the planet would even notice or care. Also, if viable alternatives were developed you would see new industries develop.  I'm not really sure I get the correlation between oil and being toothless in a hut. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 08:15:43 PM »
this is you making a joke right?  Industries come into existence and go out of business all the time.   Other than the very very very small group of people who own these assets and control the "energy" market,  I seriously doubt that the rest of the people on the planet would even notice or care. Also, if viable alternatives were developed you would see new industries develop.  I'm not really sure I get the correlation between oil and being toothless in a hut. 

Uh, okay then.  You'll have no problem pointing out other times in history when entire industries were wiped out overnight based on a scientific theory.  But don't worry, no one will 'notice or care' when the fossil fuel derived energy source is turned off.  How much of an impact can having no energy have on our lives, anyway?
Thread Killer

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 08:16:25 PM »
Unfortunately, if you believe in global warming, you can't have it both ways.  To stop this apparent doomsday, you'll have to give up your car and your gas belching ways.  That is, unless, you don't actually believe the world is ending.

i dont believe in global warming,, i believe in politics.. i just know there shit in the air and it shouldnt be.. they're trying to scare us into thinking well all die soon unless we vote for al gore cuz he'll clean up the whole world -but hell stil be flying in his jets and wasting energy on his mansions