Author Topic: Cover for 2008 NCAA football game announced....  (Read 2770 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Cover for 2008 NCAA football game announced....
« on: March 01, 2007, 07:19:12 PM »
And the cover goes to Jared Zabranski from BSU last year was Reggie Bush and this year its from the nations best team BSU.... Discuss......

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
Re: Cover for 2008 NCAA football game announced....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 10:08:39 PM »
lame.....
Go Big Red!!!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 08:04:16 AM »
He will be a decent QB in the pro's, maybe a backup somewhere and i watched some of their games and he is a great leader. With him in the right system he can succeed and good luck to him.
D

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 01:46:52 PM »
lame.....

Must be mad cause Nebraska hasnt been mentioned as a great team for what 10 years... Get over it.. BSU is here again this season to... watch out for the orange and blue its sweeping the U.S. BRONCO FEVER!!!!!!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 03:57:16 PM »
Must be mad cause Nebraska hasnt been mentioned as a great team for what 10 years... Get over it.. BSU is here again this season to... watch out for the orange and blue its sweeping the U.S. BRONCO FEVER!!!!!!!!

Damn, I remember Nebraska was the shit. Whatever happened to the QB, didn't he has bloodclots in his legs and couldn't play in the NFL?

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 06:59:05 PM »

riiiiiiiiight  ::)

ea jumped all over the feel good story from that night.....
Go Big Red!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 07:00:25 PM »
Damn, I remember Nebraska was the shit. Whatever happened to the QB, didn't he has bloodclots in his legs and couldn't play in the NFL?

Tommie Frazier....one of the greatest college football QBs of all time. got robbed of the heisman, but won 2 national titles and was a missed fg away from a 3rd. he most likely wouldn't have made it as a QB in the NFL though even without the blood clots
Go Big Red!!!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 11:50:36 AM »
riiiiiiiiight  ::)

ea jumped all over the feel good story from that night.....

RIIIIIGGGHHHTTT....Back at you..

We shall see where the Huskers end up ranked this coming season and where BSU does... and we are loosing quite a bit of our seniors... All I know is nebraska is over-rated at least in the last 5 years while BSU is extremely overlooked and under-rated...

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 12:50:57 PM »
Tommie Frazier....one of the greatest college football QBs of all time. got robbed of the heisman, but won 2 national titles and was a missed fg away from a 3rd. he most likely wouldn't have made it as a QB in the NFL though even without the blood clots

He got screwed out of the heisman because of the east coast bias.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 08:27:35 PM »
RIIIIIGGGHHHTTT....Back at you..

We shall see where the Huskers end up ranked this coming season and where BSU does... and we are loosing quite a bit of our seniors... All I know is nebraska is over-rated at least in the last 5 years while BSU is extremely overlooked and under-rated...

how has nebraska been over rated? they've been ranked right where they belong. they weren't even ranked at the end of this year, but if they had not had to play the extra game in the BIG XII title game then they would have been
BSU has had a good run, but the truth is that if they played every year in any of the BCS conferences they'd lose 2 or 3 games a year

everyone saw what happened when they went on the road to Athens and got spanked
Go Big Red!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 08:29:06 PM »
He got screwed out of the heisman because of the east coast bias.

i'm not a big conspiracy nut about the east coast bias, but in 1995 they sure had it wrong. all anyone talked about before the FIesta Bowl was how fast Florida was and how awesome and complex their offence was. watching Steve Spurrier that night was frickin' hilarious. he had absolutely no answers. i thought he was going to eat his visor

&mode=related&search=
Go Big Red!!!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 12:48:59 PM »
how has nebraska been over rated? they've been ranked right where they belong. they weren't even ranked at the end of this year, but if they had not had to play the extra game in the BIG XII title game then they would have been
BSU has had a good run, but the truth is that if they played every year in any of the BCS conferences they'd lose 2 or 3 games a year

everyone saw what happened when they went on the road to Athens and got spanked

I agree but at the same time I wish that these big name teams would bring their sorry asses to the smurf turf and play BSU like USC or even Cal or hell I just want someone up here so we can play some good games against someone other then Reno or fresno or Idaho... It sucks cause we dont have the money to travel to the big games. And I didnt mean over-rated by fan's.. You might be a true fan but i'm saying that so many people would say Nebraska is 100 times better team then BSU which I dont believe is true.. i'd love to see the two play that's for damn sure...

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 06:49:30 PM »
I agree but at the same time I wish that these big name teams would bring their sorry asses to the smurf turf and play BSU like USC or even Cal or hell I just want someone up here so we can play some good games against someone other then Reno or fresno or Idaho... It sucks cause we dont have the money to travel to the big games. And I didnt mean over-rated by fan's.. You might be a true fan but i'm saying that so many people would say Nebraska is 100 times better team then BSU which I dont believe is true.. i'd love to see the two play that's for damn sure...

i've stuck with the Big Red through the past few years and it's been tough. every uniformed fan in the world has told me how much Nebraska sucks. i just learned to ignore them. they were the same fans that didn't say a fucking thing when Nebraska was dominating in the mid 90's except to try and knock them by bringing up Lawrence Philips or something lame like that.

Of course nobody will go to Boise to play. they wouldn't want to risk getting beaten, because playing in that stadium is a really tough road game.

i am not sure what you mean by not having the money to travel to the big games. small schools get paid big bucks to travel to the bigger schools. (boise state doesn't fit into that mould anymore) i think one of nebraska's opponents was paid close to $400,000 to travel to Lincoln to take a beating. but that's how those school's build their programs. i am sure boise state played quite a few of those games when they joined div 1A.
Go Big Red!!!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 09:12:53 AM »
i've stuck with the Big Red through the past few years and it's been tough. every uniformed fan in the world has told me how much Nebraska sucks. i just learned to ignore them. they were the same fans that didn't say a fucking thing when Nebraska was dominating in the mid 90's except to try and knock them by bringing up Lawrence Philips or something lame like that.

Of course nobody will go to Boise to play. they wouldn't want to risk getting beaten, because playing in that stadium is a really tough road game.

i am not sure what you mean by not having the money to travel to the big games. small schools get paid big bucks to travel to the bigger schools. (boise state doesn't fit into that mould anymore) i think one of nebraska's opponents was paid close to $400,000 to travel to Lincoln to take a beating. but that's how those school's build their programs. i am sure boise state played quite a few of those games when they joined div 1A.

I know what your saying hearing people talk shit all the time about your team.. Everyone used to only know us for being the idiots who grow potatoes and have a blue field.. But in the last 4 or 5 years the Broncs have just kept getting better.

Your right that no team wants to come up here and lose. It wouldnt make sense but that just goes to show me why we have such a hard time getting up in the rankings. Shit I really dont think we would turn down a game VS. USC or hell even Ohio st. We might be out matched but we outmatch all of our confrence competitiors. So I think we need to move up in confrences again.

It would be a good game to see our two teams play.. I love when Hawaii and BSU play so i cant harass beach bum

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 09:26:22 AM »
What BSU did last year was blow the whole shit up...The BCS really needs to be revamped after that one. For years it would work it self out. Just when someone was gonna get snubbed out of an apprence or the NAtional championship game...they would loose late and that would be the end of the story...What BSU did by winning out was made powers tha be have to go in a room and rethink this. BSU, West Virginia, L ville...they have to be given the same consideration as Florida USC (go trojans) and Ohio state...Talk about strength of schedule...Ohio state played no one last year. they got their bid. BSU is a force to be taken very seriously.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 12:23:01 PM »
What BSU did last year was blow the whole shit up...The BCS really needs to be revamped after that one. For years it would work it self out. Just when someone was gonna get snubbed out of an apprence or the NAtional championship game...they would loose late and that would be the end of the story...What BSU did by winning out was made powers tha be have to go in a room and rethink this. BSU, West Virginia, L ville...they have to be given the same consideration as Florida USC (go trojans) and Ohio state...Talk about strength of schedule...Ohio state played no one last year. they got their bid. BSU is a force to be taken very seriously.

Well put!!!!!!! yeah Ohio st. Played a crappy schedule... With that being said BSU was the only undefeated team in the nation.... SPEAKS LOUD TO ME!!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 10:28:50 PM »
come on you guys. yes Oklahoma was the champion of a BCS conference. and yes Boise State won the game, but Oklahoma was not a national title contender or even a top 10 team for most of the season. I think it was a great game for Boise State to play. if they had been matched up against Ohio State, Florida, USC they would have most likely been beaten and beaten handily.
Boise State's win will do nothing to change the BCS. have you both forgotten that Utah already ran the table and ended up undefeated (champions of the Fiesta Bowl) and nothing changed after that game.
Go Big Red!!!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 10:30:33 PM »
come on you guys. yes Oklahoma was the champion of a BCS conference. and yes Boise State won the game, but Oklahoma was not a national title contender or even a top 10 team for most of the season. I think it was a great game for Boise State to play. if they had been matched up against Ohio State, Florida, USC they would have most likely been beaten and beaten handily.
Boise State's win will do nothing to change the BCS. have you both forgotten that Utah already ran the table and ended up undefeated (champions of the Fiesta Bowl) and nothing changed after that game.

But i think more and more instances like this will have to force something.. Also BSU wouldnt have done any worse than OSU against florida

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 10:31:20 PM »
...Talk about strength of schedule...Ohio state played no one last year. they got their bid. BSU is a force to be taken very seriously.

Ohio State beat Texas in Austin. Before their QB got hurt in the KState game Texas was a contender for the national title game. i am as big a big 10 hater as anyone (i think it's the most overrated conference in the country year after year) but to say that Ohio State had a weak schedule compared to Boise State is a joke
Go Big Red!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 10:33:54 PM »
But i think more and more instances like this will have to force something.. Also BSU wouldnt have done any worse than OSU against florida

what will they force? the bcs bosses already think they're rewarding the BSU's of the college football world by giving them an invite to a BCS game and a $14,000,000 cheque. why do you think they added a 5th game? to give the non BCS schools a reward.

unless the BSU type teams really beef up their OOC schedule they will never pass a 1 loss team and get into the title game. it's just not gonna happen
Go Big Red!!!