Author Topic: NCAA players getting paid  (Read 2458 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
NCAA players getting paid
« on: March 02, 2007, 08:01:29 AM »
How many people think that most NCAA athletes are getting paid or some kind of extra benefits?
D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: NCAA players getting paid
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 12:58:50 PM »
They shouldn't be payed shit as they're getting a free university education.

body88

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 01:09:11 PM »

Yet the university's are making hundreds of millions off them.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 07:08:59 PM »
How many people think that most NCAA athletes are getting paid or some kind of extra benefits?

There are definitely some college athletes getting money or extra benefits, but I wouldn't say most are.  It really depends on the sport and how good they are.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 10:07:02 PM »
They get stipend checks every month. That's enough as it is on top of their free education and everything else under the sun. My baseball buddy got free contacts last week so he can pitch better and one of the basketball players got a tooth replaced he had knocked out in a fight or w/e. Just said it happened in the game and they did it for free.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 08:46:03 AM »

Exactly...The reason i brought this up is i know a guy who plays for a small university football program and he gets money. Now i know a guy who's son plays for a good school and he is getting paid, plus one of the recruits was getting $100 handshakes after his Friday night games but of course this kid ruined his college career and beat up some women and did the usual big man on campus thing and got kicked off the team. Hell, i am down in here in horrible Greenville, S.C.
D

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 04:59:06 PM »
The NCAA is the biggest bunch of ivory tower dwellers. These poor kids with nothing get used and thrown away like so much trash. They should be paid.
The House that Ruth built

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 06:50:19 PM »
I agree pay them something. The universities are making millions off of them. That is why most top notch players leave early for the nba nfl or whatever it is, they need the money they play and practice all week and have no time for a job. I think a small paycheck every game would be nice. not alot but maybe 100 bucks for the week would be nice

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 08:46:26 PM »
Why pay them? They're getting free rides, free medical care and stipend checks. That's all they should get. Not to mention, free clothes, free supplements and pretty much anything else they want. It's ridiculous how many perks the athletes get at my school, and some of the teams are terrible to boot.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 09:02:48 PM »
Why pay them? They're getting free rides, free medical care and stipend checks. That's all they should get. Not to mention, free clothes, free supplements and pretty much anything else they want. It's ridiculous how many perks the athletes get at my school, and some of the teams are terrible to boot.

exactly

not to mention tons of chicks will want them just because they play sports

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 09:19:13 PM »
exactly

not to mention tons of chicks will want them just because they play sports

E

hahaha, that too. I can't even imagine how much ass the football players at a school like USC pull.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »
Remember the the whole Chris Webber and Fab Five incident? ANn this is back when College basketball was hellva lot better than today.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 07:36:50 PM »
Yea, i remember because i am from Ann Arbor and Chris denied ever taking anything from that booster who i believe is dead. The whole Chris Webber and fab 5 thing is like the Reggie Bush investigation, the booster wanted to represent Chris Webber as his agent and Chris wanted nothing to do with him. Chris was ordered to pay a million dollars which he uncatorgically ever denies taking a dime from that booster and fined a million dollars and all our wins were taken out of the record books. C. Webb could easily pay the million dollars but has not and said he will not.
D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 01:46:22 PM »
The NCAA is the biggest bunch of ivory tower dwellers. These poor kids with nothing get used and thrown away like so much trash. They should be paid.

You're right.  The problem is definitely the NCAA.  They are one of the most corrupt groups of White people in the world.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 09:02:55 PM »
they shouldnt be paid.  The biggest problem with paying athletes involves the budget of the schools. Most schools have a tight budget for their athletic programs and cannot afford to expand the amount of money spent. and the bigger schools would be getting the best athletes

and an 18 year old does not have the capability to handle the fame and money if they did get paid.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 11:52:42 AM »
One example
1. Maurice Clarett....i hate osu but the kid had tons of talent and after they won the title he was not allowed to speak on their next spring days practices.
D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 12:08:30 PM »

The money doesn't (have to) come from the schools.