Author Topic: After watching the interviews I hope phil heath wins...  (Read 1445 times)

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
After watching the interviews I hope phil heath wins...
« on: March 03, 2007, 05:22:32 PM »
Phil Heath will be VERY good for bodybuilding.

Most of the interviews were like Dexter's: "Yeah. OK. No. Good. *grunt*" and they act disinterested and almost annoyed to have to answer questions.

Phil Heath was friendly, articulate and actually ANSWERED the questions. He was willing to give full answers not just "yes,no." I can see how he'd be very good for increasing bodybuilding's popularity not just outside BB but inside to. I mean who wants to hear grunts and yes/no?!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: After watching the interviews I hope phil heath wins...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 06:53:42 PM »
No gut, good muscle (sure needs a bit more to be the best), articulate, friendly - BB might actually look good to non-fans if he represented it.

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 06:56:03 PM »
Dexter came across like a right asshole.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 06:57:18 PM »
I mean who wants to hear grunts and yes/no?!

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 06:58:07 PM »
No gut, good muscle (sure needs a bit more to be the best), articulate, friendly - BB might actually look good to non-fans if he represented it.

yeh i noticed that about Dex, most likely due to the fact that u feel like shit at time back stage.. People who don't compete sometimes don't realize how tierd and grumpy bbers are backstage.. Although dex never seems to really give good interviews, Tony seems to be good infront of the camera to..

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 07:01:19 PM »
yeh i noticed that about Dex, most likely due to the fact that u feel like shit at time back stage.. People who don't compete sometimes don't realize how tierd and grumpy bbers are backstage.. Although dex never seems to really give good interviews, Tony seems to be good infront of the camera to..

While I appreciate he is tired so are Marcus, Phil and Toney.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 11:12:38 PM »

He was working no harder than Toney, Phil, Victor. And in fact, this was Toney's 3rd contest in a month so he's been dieting for probably 2-3 months. He's got more right to be cranky than Dexter, yet he wasn't.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 06:46:23 AM »
Have heard that Dex comes off as an a-hole who is in love with himself. 

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 09:17:48 AM »
Have heard that Dex comes off as an a-hole who is in love with himself. 

Don't know about that but he seemed VERY annoyed to have to answer any questions. And this was when the placings were still unknown and everyone knew he was at least top two (from prejudging callouts), so he had no reason to be pissed.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 02:43:29 PM »
Chick, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this. Do you think someone like a Phil heath (articulate, friendly, etc)  will make a diff. in BB popularity/financially both internally and externally?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 03:20:39 PM »
Phil and evey other pro BB out there needs to pay special attention to working on the BUSINESS of BB, aside from actually competing. Phil is very good, and there are a few others, but by and large...we need more "Phil Heaths" that take a  vested interest in being smart business men, articulate, and are willing to help the sport as much as themselves...

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 03:30:06 PM »
Phil and evey other pro BB out there needs to pay special attention to working on the BUSINESS of BB, aside from actually competing. Phil is very good, and there are a few others, but by and large...we need more "Phil Heaths" that take a  vested interest in being smart business men, articulate, and are willing to help the sport as much as themselves...

Very true.

You and Shawn have got the "business" side nailed.

Teach the youngsters.....the ones that will listen, anyways...
HAHA, RON.....