Author Topic: Vic was off  (Read 2156 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Vic was off
« on: March 04, 2007, 12:07:03 PM »
Way off, how did he place ahead of dex? Can someone post at least ONE pic of him in really good shape? No way did he beat dex.

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Vic was off
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 12:29:51 PM »
He beat dex because he controlled his gut better.  Yes, from the side shot when he is doing his rear double bis you can see his gut hanging with the best (Ronnie style) but the judges could not see that from where they were seated.  Dex on the other hand let it hang out during all angles... vic atually was trying to do a vaccum in some of his poses... bottom line, he controlled his gut better when it counted... dex didn't.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 01:13:14 PM »
He beat dex because he controlled his gut better.  Yes, from the side shot when he is doing his rear double bis you can see his gut hanging with the best (Ronnie style) but the judges could not see that from where they were seated.  Dex on the other hand let it hang out during all angles... vic atually was trying to do a vaccum in some of his poses... bottom line, he controlled his gut better when it counted... dex didn't.

Pics for comparison?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 01:14:10 PM »
his legs were terrible, no sweep whatsoever.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 01:15:36 PM »

I thought his legs just didn't fit his upperbody... he has a weird shape but his back is huge..

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 01:31:54 PM »
i have always thought his physique is put together funny..i am not a fan. i personally had toney freeman winning. i thought heath was better then dex and vic
irongearco.com

big_vic

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • two types of people bodybuiders and everyone else
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »
i was there and im ok with the placings i thought vic improved for the night show
vic had the size and semetry dex was more conditioned and toney was a mix of the two although toney was flattening out during pre judging and and lost it a bit by night show but he definitly belonged in top three maybe second
also phil heath should of beat gus cause he really lost it a bit by the night show
these are just my observations and opinions
i am da punisha

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 01:43:22 PM »
Pics for comparison?

Just go to flexonline for the individuals.  Every time I have tried to post a pic from there a big fat X shows... so just go there... thats where I got my opinion from.  His abs were more defined than vics, but they bulged out a little more than Vic from what I saw...  I agree on Vics sweep though... he needs to work on his calves and sweep, cause his legs don't match his upper body from what I saw in the front poses...

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 03:23:30 PM »
Just go to flexonline for the individuals.  Every time I have tried to post a pic from there a big fat X shows... so just go there... thats where I got my opinion from.  His abs were more defined than vics, but they bulged out a little more than Vic from what I saw...  I agree on Vics sweep though... he needs to work on his calves and sweep, cause his legs don't match his upper body from what I saw in the front poses...

His legs look odd, def doesn't have a mr. o caliber physique IMO, no way did he beat dex.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 03:35:23 PM »
They need to start holding bodybuilding comps 2 weeks out. Everyone looks much better, these fuckers always mess up the last few days and blow everything
Here comes the money shot

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 04:03:50 PM »

Yes, his legs looked so ordinary-  from the side though, they did have some pop. From the rear, his hams looked great! But as you all said, from the front nothing... You guys remember ROnnies massve mutant thighs? the best quads!

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 04:08:07 PM »
Vic wasn't WAY off, but he was not as crisp as he was in September.  That being said, Dex wasn't as good as he was at the 06 ASC.  Nobody but Heath was very conditioned, but he just didn't have the size to compete with the bigger guys. 

swoody

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 04:08:24 PM »
His legs look odd, def doesn't have a mr. o caliber physique IMO, no way did he beat dex.

From the night show pics, it looks like Dex got better and crisper than Vic, but I think it was just too little too late...

body88

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 04:24:01 PM »

Sad how this is a valid post........ Bodybuilding is dead to me...................

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »
forget the pictures and watch the video...Vic biggest problem is he doesn't keep his legs tight all the time..And he needs to...Watching the video its easy to see Imop why he won...

shutupandtrain88

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 05:31:37 PM »
what was with his shoulders?  implants, oil?  seems like more and more shoulders are looking a little "weird"  Dex looked off compared to the past (midsection)  and what's with Branch?  thought he would place higher, looked like some spillage?

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 05:44:55 PM »
Just got back from Columbus, and it was a damn good show.  Excellent seats as I was in a VIP section, and I could see things just fine.  That said, here is what I thought:

1)Tony Freeman--X-Man personified!! A little off/flat/both.  But overall he looked great.  I would have liked to have seen him in the Ironman condition.  Might have been a different winner.

2)Dexter Jackson--when he came out, there was nothing spectacular & his stomach seemed a bit distended.  Ripped, but not shredded like in the past.  But by the end of the pre-juding, he sharpened up quite a bit and it became obvious that he was 1st/2nd.

3)Phil Heath--he looked excellent.  He basically matched everyone in each mandatory pose, and he was shredded.  He did put on a bit more size & width but as the prejuding went on the size factor did take it's toll.  Plus, Gustavo came on as the prejuding continued.

4)Gustavo Badell--he looked off at the beginning of the prejudging, but he got worked the most out of any competitor.  He was sharp by the end of the prejudging & could have been as high as 3rd.

5)Victor Martinez--looked a bit flat at the start of the prejudging, but after a few comparisons it was obvious he was spot on.  At the night show, his skin was paper thin.  He had the overall package.  No one booed that decision.